Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
NO PESACH COUPONS

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 9:26 am
I need a support group for the people who can't afford to shop new wardrobes but don't get coupons!!!

a lot of people I know get coupons this time of year to shop in local stores with significant percentages off.

My husband works in a torah related field doesn't make much but we get zero coupons (not connected to a mosdos, kollel or chassidus that provides )

So I still didn't figure out how to get my kids new shoes ( yes even the $40 a pair shoes)
forget about everything else they can use
(because bills and tuition come first and no cc to buy on)

But then I know so many ppl who get coupons but don't necessarily need it or even if they do....
one example; My friends husband is I kollel, However she has a good money making business makes in the 6 digits (while also living rent free in her fathers apartment) she is busy talking shopping bec she has 30% in one store 40 in another ... get the picture

amother
Mintcream

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 9:27 am
There are some orgs who give coupons to ppl like you who certainly qualify. Where are you located?

giftedmom

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 9:30 am
Can you buy on sale at other times of the year when expenses are lower? Many people do that. Even for shoes.
Personally I hardly bought anything new this season.

amother
Carnation

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 9:35 am
Amazon and shein has cheap shoes.

Agree the coupon situation is out of hand. And ridiculous to waste so much money when so many are struggling. But focus on yourself. Post what you are looking for maybe people can help. I got my 4 year old shein shoes for $10. Lasted the whole season. There are other options besides jewish stores.

amother
Diamond

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 9:44 am
We get no help even though I’m in chinuch. My kids get Shabbos shoes from target or children’s place. Most of their Shabbos clothes are hand me downs or from Walmart (gorgeous maxi dresses as robes for $15 or less). I’m hoping to swing a new tichel for myself for yt. I wash my own sheitel.only free food for Yt is the chicken from ShopRite.

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 9:53 am
I feel you. I keep reminding myself, that Hashem has many ways to send me all that I need. Its hard not to feel resentful when I see:
The rebeeims family where the husband is off all month helping make pesach while my husband is working overtime.
They get deep discounts through chasdei lev for meats I'd never dream of purchasing. All sorts of discounts and programs given with dignity, no shame. Its shameful to ask for help as a working family.
I know inside that Hashem helps everyone and we all have exactly what we need. I'm trying so hard to focus on that, but I'm only human.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics