Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
How can I unlock a flip phone for free?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 8:13 pm
I have a flip phone that is locked to Tracfone, and I want to unlock it so I can use another carrier. All videos on youtube lead me to sites where you input your phone model and they give you the unlock code (sites like unlockriver.com). Problem is, I've tried a few sites and none had my phone model as an option. I have the LG tracfone classic flip L125DL, its a basic flip phone. The youtube videos all show smartphones (understandably so) and I can't seem to find the code on any site. Anyone has a code or has more info on where I can find a code?

I spoke to tracfone directly, they want me to pay $65 plus tax for the code, and any smartphone you can get the code for free in minutes. I don't feel like paying this money just because I have a basic phone..

amother
NeonPurple

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 6:29 am
It's not because you have a fliphone, it's because you have a tracfone. How easy something is to unlock is definitely carrier dependent.

I would try googling how to unlock a tracfone. You will get more relevant videos/articles. Good luck

Einikel

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 6:41 am
It might just be easier to get a new phone.
This is an unlocked phone.
It's pretty decent for the price
https://www.walmart.com/ip/ANS.....59629

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 8:39 pm
amother NeonPurple wrote:
It's not because you have a fliphone, it's because you have a tracfone. How easy something is to unlock is definitely carrier dependent.

I would try googling how to unlock a tracfone. You will get more relevant videos/articles. Good luck

I did. all came up with models of tracfone smartohone, and every site I've tried doesnt list the unlock code for flip phones.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 8:39 pm
Einikel wrote:
It might just be easier to get a new phone.
This is an unlocked phone.
It's pretty decent for the price
https://www.walmart.com/ip/ANS.....59629

tnx! have you tried this phone?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics