Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Advice for blending front hair into wig or fall?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 11:14 am
I’m asking for any tips you have if you blend a small amount of your own hair in with the band fall or wig -do you pull it out before, do you place the wig further back or put it on and pull out the hair after? Any types of products or combs you use?

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 11:24 am
I’m sure on this group I will get stoned for this.

I take the little bit in front out, twist it up, and put it in a clip (but not at the top of my head, handing down little over my eyes).
Then I put the wig /fall as close to the front, behind the hair I pushed forward. Then I undo the clip and do my hair.
I have been doing this for >20 years, so there may be a more current and better way to do it.

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 11:24 am
amother OP wrote:
I’m asking for any tips you have if you blend a small amount of your own hair in with the band fall or wig -do you pull it out before, do you place the wig further back or put it on and pull out the hair after? Any types of products or combs you use?

Do you have a heter to do this?

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 11:33 am
amother Violet wrote:

It is not your job to question anyone else's level of yiddishkeit. Did you click on this thread just so you can ask that? Enough already.

amother
Brass

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 11:43 am
amother Violet wrote:

Do you keep every mitzvah perfectly?

Ellie7

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 12:19 pm
I take out the hair I'm going to blend, put the wig grip on with that hair out, then put the fall on, and then flip the hair I left out over to blend.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 1:37 pm
amother Violet wrote:

Yes. From your rabbi.

How rude and obnoxious can you be? I’m befuddled.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 1:38 pm
Ellie7 wrote:
I take out the hair I'm going to blend, put the wig grip on with that hair out, then put the fall on, and then flip the hair I left out over to blend.

Thank you for giving me a normal answer rather than judgment. Many rabbanim hold that a small amount of hair in the front like two fingers worth can show. That’s all that sits at the line of my fall, it’s basically my bangs. My fall has a finished front so not much of my own hair needs to be shown. I also know extremely frum women who have a little hair showing with a tichel or fall

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 1:39 pm
amother Brass wrote:
Do you keep every mitzvah perfectly?

I don't advertise or ask for advice on how to not keep halacha fully.

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 1:40 pm
amother Bluebonnet wrote:
It is not your job to question anyone else's level of yiddishkeit. Did you click on this thread just so you can ask that? Enough already.

Sorry, but this is a frum site.
And if some asks for advice on how to do something that's not in line with halacha, then we're allowed to question.

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 1:41 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thank you for giving me a normal answer rather than judgment. Many rabbanim hold that a small amount of hair in the front like two fingers worth can show. That’s all that sits at the line of my fall, it’s basically my bangs. My fall has a finished front so not much of my own hair needs to be shown. I also know extremely frum women who have a little hair showing with a tichel or fall

Which Rabbanim? I'm curious.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 1:42 pm
amother Violet wrote:
And if some asks for advice on how to do something that's not in line with halacha, then we're allowed to question.

It’s not clearly Halacha that a tefach of hair can’t show.

Just like you’re calling me out for “breaking Halacha”, I’m calling you out for violating laws of lashin hara, embarrassing someone, sinas chinam, and not being Dan lkaf zechus.

amother
Tulip

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 1:42 pm
amother Violet wrote:
I don't advertise or ask for advice on how to not keep halacha fully.

Cheers, you're better than us. Here's your prize 🏆

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 1:43 pm
amother OP wrote:
It’s not clearly Halacha that a tefach of hair can’t show.

Just like you’re calling me out for “breaking Halacha”, I’m calling you out for violating laws of lashin hara, embarrassing someone, sinas chinam, and not being Dan lkaf zechus.

I asked you which Rabbanim hold it's ok.
Do you know of a source that it's ok, or you just decided on your own that you're allowed to do it?
I did not call you out for breaking Halacha. I simply asked if you have a heter for this & which rabbonim allow it.
I don't see where loshan hora & sinas chinam come in here, and I am actually being you dan l'kaf zchus by asking which rabbonim/source allow it.

amother
Azalea

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 1:45 pm
I've had the most success by back-combing my hair into my sheital. I like it best with a fine tooth comb and you sort of blend them together that way, after keeping you hair out and then putting wig on top.

amother
Cyclamen

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 2:25 pm
A range of views on partial hair covering is collected here. AYLOR. https://www.deracheha.org/head.....-how/

amother
Brass

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 2:30 pm
amother Violet wrote:
I asked you which Rabbanim hold it's ok.
Do you know of a source that it's ok, or you just decided on your own that you're allowed to do it?
I did not call you out for breaking Halacha. I simply asked if you have a heter for this & which rabbonim allow it.
I don't see where loshan hora & sinas chinam come in here, and I am actually being you dan l'kaf zchus by asking which rabbonim/source allow it.

Why do you care which rabanim allow it? How does it effect you? And you put her down by saying you don't ask how to break halacha so you clearly think she is.

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 2:36 pm
amother Violet wrote:

This answer show pure lack of Halacha knowledge.
Per all original shitos it is mutter to show a tefach of hair. The issue is how to measure that tefach. Some hold length of hair some hold tefach in front some hold that all hair uncovered equals the tefach….
Because of not knowing the amount a lot of people including me will not show any hair.
But I understand that I am doing a chumra.
Any rav knowledgeable in halacha will tell you this.

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 2:41 pm
I put wig band on first, then push it back a bit. I then put on wig, pull hair out (from
under the band) using fishtail comb and then blend (if I have time I blow dry)

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 2:48 pm
amother Cyclamen wrote:
A range of views on partial hair covering is collected here. AYLOR. https://www.deracheha.org/head.....-how/

As stupid and pathetic women (shelo asani isha) we are not bright enough to read texts and understand anything at all. It’s just whatever our most machmir Rav says-because if you are not taking on all chumrahs you are cheating. How else besides dressing tznius and birthin those babies are we going to get to olam haba.

(Love, Amother Sienna from I need a new place)
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels