Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Until what age would you wear a band fall?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 4:24 pm
I recently heard someone comment how you can’t really wear band falls in your 30s. I recently got one and found it so comfortable. Otoh I’m closer to 40 than 30. I don’t want to look silly wearing it just like I wouldn’t want to wear the same dress as a teenager.

One factor though is that my kids are very young still so if someone doesn’t know my age I could look like I’m in my upper 20s.

Would love people’s opinions. For reference, I live in the tri-state area where people are more cookie cutter than out of the box.

amother
Magnolia

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 4:26 pm
I feel like you can wear it until like 40

amother
Blueberry

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 4:31 pm
I am 31 and wear one. My neighbor is in her mid 40s with a married daughter and wears one

ectomorph

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 4:33 pm
I regret ever joining imamother and clicking on this thread. I like my band falls!!

amother
Mintcream

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 4:33 pm
Lol, I never knew there was an age cut off.
I'm 39 and still wearing mine. I never wear a full sheitel during the week; it's too uncomfortable and annoying for me.

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 4:34 pm
I’m 41 and don’t plan to stop any time soon. Many people I know in their 50s wear one. I’m talking about Lakewood btw.

amother
Bone

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 4:35 pm
amother Magnolia wrote:
I feel like you can wear it until like 40

What happens at 40 that you can't wear it anymore?

flowerpower

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 4:36 pm
My neighbor got one now at 58. She looks amazing in it

amother
Fern

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 4:36 pm
I'd like to say, do whatever works for you and don't care what others think.
But, I think anyone over 40 looks stupid with a band fall. I've tried it myself, and though it looks quite nice, I do look like I'm copying my dils and DD. I'm early 40s, I dress quite with it, but draw a line at band falls.

m-u-a-mama

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 4:37 pm
My 60+ yr old mil wears one and looks amazing

amother
Offwhite

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 4:39 pm
My mom wears her bandfall everyday and she's in her 50's. I don't think it looks off at all. There are different ways to wear it though - I wouldn't reccomend the very trendy styles like those wrap around things (like a headband but you wear it around the top of your head as if its a hat with no top, dunno what it's called) or a pom pom beanie if you're concerned about dressing too young. And I guess the style/length of the fall makes a difference too, but tbh people these days are wearing very young sheitels in their 40s and 50s so idk. But regardless a regular headband/cap etc with a bandfall I say is perfectly fine.

socialbutterfly

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 4:40 pm
I don't think age is the factor here. It really depends on how YOU look in a band fall.

Some people might look better in it for longer, others not.

I guess keep checking in every year with a trusted friend about how you are looking in your band fall LOL

amother
Clematis

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 4:42 pm
amother Bone wrote:
What happens at 40 that you can't wear it anymore?

The fashion police start carding you once you look like you're over 35. If you get caught, you need to surrender all of your band falls and must wear a gray full shaitel for up to 3 months. Second time offenders get a year. Really not worth it.

ectomorph

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 4:42 pm
amother Fern wrote:
I'd like to say, do whatever works for you and don't care what others think.
But, I think anyone over 40 looks stupid with a band fall. I've tried it myself, and though it looks quite nice, I do look like I'm copying my dils and DD. I'm early 40s, I dress quite with it, but draw a line at band falls.

Tell me why

amother
Green

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 4:43 pm
I’m in my mid 30’s and I wear one (am I considered old now??)

My coworker wears one. She’s in her 60’s.

I agree it depends on the length of the wig and the style.

amother
Electricblue

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 4:46 pm
I’m pushing 50 and wear mine.
I went to a shaital sale and was going to buy a full shaital (why do they all have middle parts?)
And the woman who was selling was telling me not to get a full shaital and that I should get another fall.

amother
Hunter

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 4:47 pm
I recently saw a woman about 55 years old wearing a very short cute straight band fall. She looked great!!

amother
Fern

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 4:48 pm
ectomorph wrote:
Tell me why

Often, the woman fails to notice that her own face isn't suited to the look, even though she likes the look on other people and believes it works for her too.
I also find it a 'young look'.
Nice idea if a trusted friend or family would advise, but often they won't tell the truth, or may not be asked
Just my opinion.

amother
Narcissus

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 4:48 pm
I just turned 40 two weeks ago and was planning on converting my wig into a band fall. I have nary a gray hair or a wrinkle. In fact I am in my 8th month. I am doing it for purely confort reasons. I hate having hair in my face when it gets hot outside

taketwo

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 4:50 pm
Until 120 is the age limit. The end.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels