Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media
Questions for Ari Satz- get refuser
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 9:37 pm
amother Sand wrote:
I’m really surprised and confused that Yael wanted to allow a man to post on this all women website, not just any man, but a get refuser.

Right? If we wanted to be talked over by men, we could go literally anywhere else in the Jewish world.

amother
Impatiens

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 10:04 pm
amother Sand wrote:
For anyone who needs context here you go:

In October 2023, Ari Satz sued ORA, its executive director Keshet Starr and The Jewish Link, as well as a Bergenfield rabbi who had been involved with advocating for the get. Ari Satz claimed that the photograph that was printed in ORA’s flyer violated his privacy, and that those who shared the flyer had defamed him and purposely made him appear “disheveled.” The lawsuit sought $30 million in damages.
https://jewishlink.news/lawsui.....ssed/

The amount asked for is telling!

For more background:

https://www.getora.org/satz

I’m really surprised and confused that Yael wanted to allow a man to post on this all women website, not just any man, but a get refuser.

Well this explains why Yael posted the man’s commentary. He clearly threatened to sue her for defamation.

Ari, I’m sure you’re reading this. You suck. Seriously.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 10:53 pm
Ari, please hear me out. Every divorce situation is difficult and there’s a lot of hurt feelings and wrong done on both sides. You’re both deeply hurting and you’re both fighting for the kids you love.

That said, this thread is open to the public and it’s not in your own best interests to state that you won’t give a get until everyone apologizes and pays damages. This is not good for you, for your kids who can read this, for any future wife or potential shadchan. It paints you in a very unpleasant and unreasonable light that I’m sure you didn’t intend. I understand it’s coming from a deep place of pain as it must be so hurtful to have your name maligned this way.

I would suggest your best recourse right now is to give the get quickly and quietly and let this all blow over quickly when the next hot news item comes to light. Move on. Let your family move on.

There are always justifications people have for the things they do. Be the bigger person now. Swallow the pain and embarrassment and use it as a powerful opportunity to daven. Let her go. It will stretch you and grow you and yes it will be so hard- but you can do hard. IyH it should bring you much bracha and success in your life.

amother
Arcticblue

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 11:59 am
amother Impatiens wrote:
Well this explains why Yael posted the man’s commentary. He clearly threatened to sue her for defamation.

Ari, I’m sure you’re reading this. You suck. Seriously.

Well apparently he lost all those court cases.

This isn't 'Double Take' where we need to hear both sides, imagine if all the OP's would be required to post a commentary from their husband explaining his side of the story. Though it might actually be fun, come to think of it Very Happy
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media