Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
When did you or are you planning to start your own Pesach
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 9:48 am
Just wondering when people start making Pesach on their own.

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 9:49 am
Pretty early on, when I only had one kid.

I've been married 30 years now, and tbh I think I find it easier then many of my friends who didn't make till they were married a while because it's part of my routine, whereas they look at it as 'extra'.

amother
Stone

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 9:50 am
Second year married

amother
Phlox

39 and probably won’t for another few years.

amother
Alyssum

Not sure I think when my oldest was about 6-7. When they can enjoy a seder by ourselves.

amother
Oldlace

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 9:51 am
First year of marriage.

Eventually, we started going away.

amother
Mintcream

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 9:54 am
My oldest was in 1st grade.

I am the youngest of older parents and my husband is the oldest of a very large family and that year my parents stopped staying home and started going into their kids so I was no longer able to go to them and my in-laws have enough married that we could not be by then the whole time nor did we want to.

I live in a very small house and the whole turning over process for it was very hard because I didn't have a lot of space for things so we figured once we were staying home it would be nicer to just do it for the whole time so that it wasn't just done for half.

I think it was our 7th year married.
Happens to be I never looked back and we love staying home and we host others sometimes. Now I'm married almost 20 years

Highstrung

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 9:55 am
3rd year of marriage.

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 9:57 am
Married 8 years. 5 children. I should have started earlier but was absolutely anxious about preparing and buying everything. once you start, you love it.

amother
Molasses

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 10:00 am
Covid.
Was married over 20 years

amother
DarkViolet

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 10:05 am
Covid. Found out 2 weeks b4

essie14

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 10:10 am
Before I was married.
Made aliyah in my early 30s. Never left Israel for pesach. Was always invited out for the seder but kashered my apartment and hosted other chag meals.
Continued making pesach the minute I got married.

amother
Hibiscus

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 10:11 am
11 yrs after marriage. Had 1 8 yr old child. I moved into a bigger appt, and made pesach kitchen. I went from not owning a spoon for pesach and going out for every meal including breakfast on chol hamoad.

I had lived 2 blocks from mom. My husband worked across the street from her house. She was single and needed someone to make seder and kiddush. She wasn't always home on chol hamoad, but I went over to her house to make breakfast for my husband there. My apt was tiny, my kitchen extremely tiny.

Once I made a pesach kitchen, I fully stocked up with what I needed to make pesach. My husband wanted to make full use of it, so we went from full time pesach eating out at parents to full time eating home that year, didn't even go out for a single meal. Continued on after that going out minimally, like seudah here or there, or not at all, only if a parent begged that we come for a meal, but basically was home, unless we had a sitch.

Married now for 27 yrs. Have more kids, little kids. I stay home mostly.

amother
Aster

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 10:12 am
Covid

amother
Stoneblue

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 10:12 am
About 10 years into marriage. After we redid our kitchen it was easier to attempt.

amother
Hawthorn

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 10:14 am
We were only home a full Pesach Covid but we’ve been turning over and home for parts since around year 8. We do live near one set of parents so for a few years before that we cleaned but didn’t kasher so we could sleep at home for chol hamoed.

rzab

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 10:18 am
We always turn over bc we are always home for chol hamoed. But I would love to stay home for seder. I'm married 15 years and the only time we stayed home was covid. It was the best seder ever. Unfortunately my parents and in laws would be very hurt if we stayed home

amother
Yarrow

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 10:24 am
We started when my oldest was 12. Until then we lived in a tiny apartment where it would have been majorly challenging to make pesach(playroom was in the dining room. Beyond tiny kitchen. No storage space for pesach stuff). Once we moved and had space we also realized that our kids needed a seder focused on them.

amother
White

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 10:25 am
Been married 12 years and only made ourselves once the COVID year. Otherwise we split between parents and in-laws. We both come from relatively smaller families, we all live in the same city and they both really enjoy having us. So doesn't make sense to make ourselves although sometimes we wish we could.

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 10:26 am
1st year of marriage. But would go to parents for some meals/ they would come to us for some.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics