Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Frozen Broccoli for broccoli salad

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 3:55 pm
If I use frozen broccoli for broccoli salad, am I suppose to boil prior to making the salad or thawing is fine??

Thanks!

amother
Candycane

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 4:07 pm
amother OP wrote:
If I use frozen broccoli for broccoli salad, am I suppose to boil prior to making the salad or thawing is fine??

Thanks!

Thawing is fine.my recipe says to pour boiling water over the frozen broccoli in a strainer.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 4:14 pm
amother Candycane wrote:
Thawing is fine.my recipe says to pour boiling water over the frozen broccoli in a strainer.

I thawed it and it looks a tad mushy, do you think thats fine?
And recommendations what to do?
I do have another bag of frozen, thats why I was asking, but I rather not waste this

ra_mom

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 4:19 pm
amother OP wrote:
I thawed it and it looks a tad mushy, do you think thats fine?
And recommendations what to do?
I do have another bag of frozen, thats why I was asking, but I rather not waste this

Even if you already thawed it, pour a pot of boiling water over it and let it drain as it sits in a colander within the sink. It will brighten it up.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 1:00 am
Came out great! Thanks for everyone's help!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen