Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Which Mishloach Mosos was YOUR favorite?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
Mintcream

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 7:58 pm
I don't get much homemade food, maybe some homemade baked stuff.
Favorite all around but I know it wasn't cheap was a sour dough roll, meal mart diced turkey cubes, bag of crunchy Pickle slices and packets of ketchup, mustard.
Love milichig chocolate like kliks, alprose, torino. I don't like the fancy buttery ones.
Dh gets fancy mm from his business ppl. Nice whiskeys and wines that he likes. Also get some nice acrylic stuff and other gifts from them.

amother
Cognac

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 8:02 pm
Favorite was a Mazza platter
And a homemade meat board that my family devoured

And a salad I’ll take for lunch tomorrow

Everything else was pretty but not my taste Smile

Some very cute themes this year but 75% were color coordinated or nicely presented but not themed

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 8:59 pm
I mostly get mini classy looking, but not tasty sweets and I literally dumped a trash bag full of different color wrapped zaza’s, candies, awful cheap chocolate and other sugary loaded stuff. And no I will not donate them. I don’t think any person will benefit from eating more of those sugar bombs.

chanatron1000

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 9:13 pm
amother Cyan wrote:
I mostly get mini classy looking, but not tasty sweets and I literally dumped a trash bag full of different color wrapped zaza’s, candies, awful cheap chocolate and other sugary loaded stuff. And no I will not donate them. I don’t think any person will benefit from eating more of those sugar bombs.

People do benefit from eating those "sugar bombs." They enjoy it, and it lifts their mood. Throwing things away when they still have value to someone is bal taschis.

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 9:16 pm
chanatron1000 wrote:
People do benefit from eating those "sugar bombs." They enjoy it, and it lifts their mood. Throwing things away when they still have value to someone is bal taschis.

Helping someone get diabetes by lifting their mood, is not a mitzva in my book.
What happened to giving food for the meal? Almost everyone sends junk food and sweets. This isnt what the mitzva is about.

dancingqueen

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 9:18 pm
I like homemade items best usually.

amother
Brunette

amother Mint wrote:
Im not. 99% of them are the same mm from the same people every year

I gave a themed mm I put a lot of time into and I love seeing creativity and people who put thought into it

And not being creative = not managing? Fascinating.

You do realize some people don't care for fancy or themes, right? And it has nothing to do with their functionality in life.

Wow. Just wow.

amother
Teal

amother Cyan wrote:
What happened to giving food for the meal? Almost everyone sends junk food and sweets. This isnt what the mitzva is about.

A day or two of junk won't give someone diabetes.

Tao

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 9:23 pm
amother Brunette wrote:
And not being creative = not managing? Fascinating.

You do realize some people don't care for fancy or themes, right? And it has nothing to do with their functionality in life.

Wow. Just wow.

Also, even if they AREN'T in fact managing, I'm not sure what the problem is. We all have those times in our life!
You never know what someone's going through and it could be that their MM reflect that, but that's also ok. (I wouldn't put baked goods in that category but I did once get from someone a few individual small candies in a cup, with no wrapping at all, which made me wonder. But even if they weren't managing, it's nice that they made the effort to drop one off in the first place!)

ra_mom

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 9:26 pm
I enjoyed the cans of light wine like Rose or Moscato.
Also the good quality dairy chocolate.
The boxed iced coffees.
And the homemade mini cakes!

The pretty ones were so much fun to receive!

Last edited by ra_mom on Mon, Mar 25 2024, 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Cheiny

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 9:27 pm
amother Mint wrote:
Im not. 99% of them are the same mm from the same people every year

I gave a themed mm I put a lot of time into and I love seeing creativity and people who put thought into it

Your MM might be lovely but your attitude is probably what you should be putting your focus and work into.

Edited to say, I think you are clueless of what the entire purpose of MM and the day are meant to be. Hint: it’s NOT themes!

Last edited by Cheiny on Mon, Mar 25 2024, 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 9:27 pm
Tao wrote:
Also, even if they AREN'T in fact managing, I'm not sure what the problem is. We all have those times in our life!
You never know what someone's going through and it could be that their MM reflect that, but that's also ok. (I wouldn't put baked goods in that category but I did once get from someone a few individual small candies in a cup, with no wrapping at all, which made me wonder. But even if they weren't managing, it's nice that they made the effort to drop one off in the first place!)

100%%%

I'm totally appalled by such a comment. This is why people have such pressure to "show up" nebach.
People are literally trying to be mekayeim a mitzvah! What crazy judgements and expectations!

amother
Charcoal

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 9:29 pm
amother Mint wrote:
I got a bunch of no theme MM. just 2 or 3 items in a box/container mostly baked goods. I wish my family was more exciting Smile
I told dh these MM scream "im not managing but I had to give mm..."

Oh well, to me the themed MM scream I need to save a buck. I much prefer classy wines, chocolate and thought out beautiful packaging.

dancingqueen

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 9:30 pm
amother Lemonchiffon wrote:
So I could tell my Dh your MM looks like you have too much time on your hand and need a hobby.. I bake every year and this years took a lot of my time (I have a newborn) and BH I’m managing

You are awesome! I didn’t bake at all, but still fulfilled the mitzvah, and gave out a lot of mishloach manot, which hopefully still brightened people’s days.

Cheiny

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 9:31 pm
Highstrung wrote:
No. These Mm scream , I am being mekayem the Mitzvah of MM by putting in an effort to go shopping , baking , etc . and giving many people (not only one person, as is the Mitzvah requirement ) and I will put more emphasis and money into the other Mitzvos of the day .
I’m a lover of creativity and themes and poems and all that jazz , but I never ever would think that a simple MM cries that a person is not managing . Do you judge yourself as harshly? I really hope not.

Sounded more narcissistic to me…

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 9:31 pm
amother Mint wrote:
I got a bunch of no theme MM. just 2 or 3 items in a box/container mostly baked goods. I wish my family was more exciting Smile
I told dh these MM scream "im not managing but I had to give mm..."

Seriously?
Not every person likes Purim.
Not every person is creative and enjoys breaking their head trying to come up with a theme.
Some of us just want to be yotei and that’s it.
Some of us feel that it’s an absolute waste to spend so much time and money on Mishloach manos. I personally prefer to spend less on Mishloachanos and more on tzedaka- and yes, with a limited budget I need to choose one. But I give with an open heart.
Nothing to do with not managing as much as to do with a CHOICE that I’m making.

HonesttoGod

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 9:34 pm
I was actually impressed that this year we didn’t get as much useless chocolate raisins and gross candies.

We did get a lot of dairy stuff which we all loved like muffins and cannolis and chocolates.

Cheiny

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 9:40 pm
amother Crocus wrote:
Not to brag butI effortlessly put together creative themes my friends and family look forward to my mm every year. I really enjoy others creative themes but I understand that ot everyone is so creative. I loved getting chocolate. All types. But the Klic. Bars and Rosemarie was the best. I hated getting parva chocolate. I also enjoyed getting a Simcha theme that included chocolate covered nuts, jelly rings and vienese crunch -about 2 prices each but that's all I needed it was delicious. Anything that I normally can't afford or wouldn't by myself felt like such a treat.

I hated getting homemade goods. I felt bad for whoever made me a chocolate cake. I bake when I want. I feel no need to get others baked goods.
Also I loved getting chocolate liquor and mulching liquor. But I feel bad for all the people buying liquor for the fancy bottle.q

Do you actually believe that people who choose not to do themes, or don’t believe in them, are simply not creative? Perhaps they don’t believe that’s the point of the day? Perhaps they’d rather spend their time calmly, or putting more of their efforts into cooking for extra guests who need a Purim Seuda rather than using the time for themes they see as having no purpose other than to try to impress? I find it interesting that people view themes as so important, when all the paraphernalia all winds up in the trash and forgotten about a minute later… but whatever floats your boat,

chanatron1000

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 9:57 pm
amother Cyan wrote:

That is not how diabetes works. There is nothing wrong with eating candy in moderation.

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 10:15 pm
I love the rolls and soups I got. And some delicious challahs! I also love the special chocolate bars like milk munch and smirks.

Homemade baked goods are also always appreciated. Some people I know give the same thing every year and I always look forward to them.

Also, I saw some themed ones thay had so much thought put into them and are extremely clever.
Page 4 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics