Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Which Mishloach Mosos was YOUR favorite?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
Begonia

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 6:14 pm
My least favorite are the soups. The veggies and salads are my favorite. But on a whole I appreciate everything and laud all the good people who came.

theoneandonly

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 6:23 pm
Someone gave salad in a reusable salad to go container. I'm so excited to be able to bring salad to work for lunch now that I have a good container.

Loved the yummy homemade baked goods we got.

Someone dropped off a yogurt, granola, and fruit in the morning. That was a great breakfast and definitely appreciated.

Tao

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 6:25 pm
we got a box from an upscale expensive bakery that probably cost like $60-70 - they make delicious stuff so was extremely appreciated! oh, and it was all milchig!
Also milchig israeli chocolate that you can't buy here.
And one family member gives lunch every year which is anticipated and fought over each year LOL Laugh
I would love to get adorable themes but where I live people aren't really into that sort of thing; I do one every year cuz I love it but I'd so enjoy seeing others creativity!
No iced coffees this year, I love getting those and I don' t understand how anyone could ever have too many iced coffees!
But really it's the thought that counts, so every MM was appreciated.
ETA: and I'm currently snacking on some amazing granola from my sister, which was packaged beautifully and I'm getting through it at an impressive rate!

Last edited by Tao on Mon, Mar 25 2024, 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Lemonlime

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 6:25 pm
amother Mint wrote:
I got a bunch of no theme MM. just 2 or 3 items in a box/container mostly baked goods. I wish my family was more exciting Smile
I told dh these MM scream "im not managing but I had to give mm..."

Interesting take away.
My take away is I am mikayem the mitzva and have little need to show off to my friends.

I just wonder about people who think this way. Just out of curiosity, how many do you give out? What else do you do with your time? Do you use your time and resources to play with and teach your children? Volunteer for your shul and school? Help the war effort? Packing shipments to Israel? Working because you are supporting a family while your husband learns Torah? Caring for elderly parents?
I don’t think it is about “coping” I think everyone is busy and doing things. People do different things and it is about priorities.

I gave 2 inexpensive durable and useful items (can of flavored seltzer and bag of skinny pop). I delivered far and wide to make people feel loved. I took my kids to the nursing home to visit, made seuda for non-frum relatives who otherwise wouldn’t have had a seuda, and delivered for friendship circle.

I left before Megillah, with my deliveries in the car, and came home 5.5 hours later. I came home to 2 wilted salads, warm cheese, spoiled hummus, tepid soup, questionable deli roll, and smelly sushi on my doorstep. I feel terrible about the work, expense, and ba’al taschit.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 6:26 pm
I ate lots of veggies with dips that came and today I enjoyed a soup I had put in the fridge as well as a salad for lunch. I love real food where I don't have kashrus concerns and it's packaged neatly.

amother
Electricblue

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 6:29 pm
I had a few favorites. #1 on the list is people who gave good milchig chocolate and Franczoz doughnuts. Yum.
Second was the one who included a delicious homemade onion roll with a mini container of cream cheese, that was my lunch on the go. Just needed a disposable knife to be perfect!
Third was the cowboy themed one who included a little plastic boot with gummy snakes in it. That made me laugh!

amother
Impatiens

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 6:31 pm
My neighbor gives out 3 slices of warm deli rolls, a pickle, and a container of cole slaw. Yum.

We also got a few fruit smoothies with homemade granola. The best smoothies were the ones prepared and then frozen in the containers. We got them slushy and half frozen so it was still good.

Also the bagel, small butter, small jam, small chocolate milk.

amother
Fern

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 6:41 pm
I got a decent sized loaf of herb bread and tomato dip. Both were delicious and much appreciated!

Also got a quinoa and veggie salad that was a delicious lunch today.

Got a yogurt with granola and blueberries in separate containers. I happen to not like yogurt but I really liked the concept.

amother
Leaf

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 6:42 pm
vtaherlibeinu wrote:
Soup and kugel is the best!!

I really like themes, especially if there's a good chap.
Someone gave a racing themed MM. Just like Hashem brought the yeshuah speedily... blue gatorade for wiper fluid, b&w stuff, etc.

Although I don't judge people's level of "managing" based on the MM they give, it does mean a lot to me when I see that someone put in the effort to make something beautiful, bakovodik

Curious, why does it mean a lot to YOU if someone puts effort and creativity into their shalach manos that they’re presumably giving to many other people, not just you. Like I can understand that feeling if someone was specifically just giving you a gift for something but for SM given to lots of other people? I’m confused

I’ll be honest, I feel bad but with all the hectic chaos of Purim and getting so many SM at different times, I don’t necessarily get to see each persons hard work into their SM as they often get opened and mixed together before I get to look at them. I’d love to really sit down and look at each persons but I don’t get to do that for all of them 🤷‍♀️

amother
Tulip

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 6:46 pm
I find it so interesting that people love homemade food! Anything homemade (unless made by a close friend) is thrown away 🙈 I don’t know others kashrus/cleanliness standards and it just grosses me out.
My best MM was a veggie platter. Was so
Nice having something healthy to snack on!!

Tao

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 6:51 pm
amother Tulip wrote:
I find it so interesting that people love homemade food! Anything homemade (unless made by a close friend) is thrown away 🙈 I don’t know others kashrus/cleanliness standards and it just grosses me out.

I literally never heard of this until Imamother. Everyone I know loves homemade baked goods! Nothing like homemade. The only thing I threw out was cookies from dh friend who is unfortunately no longer frum. Oh and the mm that was delivered to our door extremely late the night after purim and was covered in ants by the time we found it the next morning Crying (I was sad because it looked adorable and yummy!) Otherwise trust everyone else's kashrus bH. As for getting grossed out, maybe if there were just loose cookies rattling around a box it would gross me out, but usually people package things nicely and cleanly and I'm very happy to eat it!

amother
DarkViolet

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 6:53 pm
I got a cup of hot cholent and me and my kids all shared it immediately!

Highstrung

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 6:55 pm
amother Tulip wrote:

I think it depends on the crowd giving you MM. The people we receive MM from are people in our shul, neighbors, close friends and family all who trust my kashrus and we trust theirs .
I happened to have labeled mine to say that it’s Pareve and only heimish hechsherim used for those that may be hesitant .
I’m also more grossed out to eat store bought bakery items.
My two sons work with commercial appliances and see bakery , takeout , restaurant kitchens and anywhere else there’s a commercial kitchen and they are all disgustingly gross. Our home would never be as gross as those kitchens . But the public doesn’t get to see it. Otherwise you’d never order takeout again.

Last edited by Highstrung on Mon, Mar 25 2024, 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Peachpuff

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 6:56 pm
My mm was no themed and I was proud of it. lol. It was seltzer and wafer rolls in a cellophane bag. I am two weeks post partum and this is what I was able to put together. My kids all had really nice mm that were themed to their costumes.

I honestly didn't like any of them this year but j don't eat almost anything from them. I got a bunch of tiny little boxes with junk in them mostly.

Favorite was a fruit platter.

amother
Ebony

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 6:57 pm
My good friend gave me a beautiful shalch monos with a long handwritten bote.

It was perfectly themed but the contents were the best.
A homemade mini kokosh cake, yoghurt fruit salad and one or 2 other things.
Thoroughly enjoyed it on the day.

A single girl Who just joined my workplace gave me a beautifully presented box woth a roll, tuna dip, yoghurt smoothie and a drink
I was so touched!

My husband had the dip with his lunch and my son had the roll straight away.

We always give packaged nosh for MM but I can see that that the healthy stuff really gets eaten.

Esp if its prepackaged.

amother
Hawthorn

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 7:10 pm
amother Mint wrote:
I got a bunch of no theme MM. just 2 or 3 items in a box/container mostly baked goods. I wish my family was more exciting Smile
I told dh these MM scream "im not managing but I had to give mm..."

I just want to say that I AM creative and I DO enjoy creating themes BUT I choose NOT to put hours of thought and effort into the MM and to pour those hours into things that are EVEN MORE meaningful to me that themed MM. I fulfill the mitzva and then put my creative energy into other things that are more meaningful to me. Mainly I use it to help others. It's all about what drives YOU and YOUR FAMILY. And believe it or not - there are many different people in the world and each have different values. Smile

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 7:21 pm
amother OP wrote:
We all worked on ideas and wrecked our brains what to send so everyone will enjoy it. For fun: share what was your favorite Mishloach Manos that you received this year, ideas, foods, basket, containers....

I liked the unique doctor them with a nice purim poem/Torah a tall nice glass with 2 flavors of tea and some healthy mix for yogurt.

Oy, I hope nobody wrecked their brains for making mishloach manos!

amother
Milk

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 7:40 pm
effess wrote:
I got a clementine and hamantaschen from a friend. I see nothing wrong.

I don't have my reading glasses on and when I first read this I thought it said "I got a clonopin and hamantaschen from a friend"
(and yes, I know that isn't even how you spell klonopin)
Dancing Compress Salut

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 7:44 pm
Homemade delicious cheese cake was my winner!

amother
Navyblue

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 7:55 pm
My favorite ones are the simple ones. I live in Lakewood, supposedly the land of the fanciest and trendiest people, and most of my neighbors give the same thing every year. Most people give a box of wafer rolls and a bottle of grape juice or can of wine and a chocolate bar type of thing. Can’t go wrong with classy and basic.
Page 3 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics