Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Mini Wine?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 1:51 pm
My MM Container fits a mini Liquor, and thats what I was palnning to use. The issue isthat the rest of my MM is shehakol, and I need something in there to be a different bracha. I cannot seem to find any food with another bracha to fit the box or color scheme.
Is there such a thing as mini White wine bottles? Same size as the Smirnoff Mini bottles?

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 1:55 pm
What else is in your mm? Maybe we can help swap something out for another Bracha.

amother
Melon

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 1:57 pm
It's a myth that mm needs to contain 2 brochos. 2 distinct minim even from the same brocho are fine.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 2:03 pm
amother Melon wrote:
It's a myth that mm needs to contain 2 brochos. 2 distinct minim even from the same brocho are fine.

Really? Do you have a source I can share with DH?

gdgirl

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 2:06 pm
Rather, if he believes it needs two brachos- ask him to share a source for that. its sourceless. a common misconception.

the mitzvah is two different minim, two different foods. even two different candies!

amother
Dandelion

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 3:29 pm
gdgirl wrote:
Rather, if he believes it needs two brachos- ask him to share a source for that. its sourceless. a common misconception.

the mitzvah is two different minim, two different foods. even two different candies!

Yes I learnt this too. Let him ask his rav to make sure....

groovy1224

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 3:38 pm
amother OP wrote:

https://oukosher.org/faqs/guid.....anot/

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 10:42 am
groovy1224 wrote:
https://oukosher.org/faqs/guidelines-mishloach-manot/

Interesting, thank you!
I also see here that the foods need to be ready to serve, specifically for the seuda? interesting. I never heard of that.
Most people I Know do not send foods for the seuda

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 11:03 am
This is the biggest misconception. Definitely can have 2 same brochos.
Needs to be edible (eg cant not give raw rice)
I just read that it can even be 2 of the same foods if they are different flavors.

cbsp

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 11:05 am
amother OP wrote:
Interesting, thank you!
I also see here that the foods need to be ready to serve, specifically for the seuda? interesting. I never heard of that.
Most people I Know do not send foods for the seuda

It could be they send one with food for the seudah that's yotzei that requirement and the rest don't need it...

amother
Blueberry

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 11:06 am
Also, if you give 1 or 2 people like a rav a different mm such as wine and chocolate, that counts as your real mm and then your pretty theme one can be anything.
Btw, am I the only one that throws those all out? Tiny liquor with matching candy! Straight in my trash

cbsp

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 11:30 am
amother Blueberry wrote:
Also, if you give 1 or 2 people like a rav a different mm such as wine and chocolate, that counts as your real mm and then your pretty theme one can be anything.
Btw, am I the only one that throws those all out? Tiny liquor with matching candy! Straight in my trash

Why throw out the liquor? I use it for baking if it's a flavor no one will drink straight...

amother
NeonPurple

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 11:54 am
cbsp wrote:
Why throw out the liquor? I use it for baking if it's a flavor no one will drink straight...

I don’t really bake. And those liqueurs are cheap gross medicine drinks. I only save the chocolate liquors.

amother
Blueberry

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 12:06 pm
cbsp wrote:

Most are chometz and I don’t bake much in these few weeks.
And it’s usually gross flavor to match gross candy

cbsp

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 12:22 pm
amother Blueberry wrote:
Most are chometz and I don’t bake much in these few weeks.
And it’s usually gross flavor to match gross candy

Interesting. I guess since we sell chometz I can just stick on the shelf and use it whenever...

amother
Stonewash

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 12:27 pm
amother OP wrote:

Do you have a source it needs to be 2 Brachos? No because the sources on the Mitzvah of MM state it needs to be two kinds of food

amother
Dustypink

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 12:30 pm
I find it so wild how misconceptions are so far reaching and concrete in many people's minds!!

amother
Lemonlime

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 1:30 pm
amother Blueberry wrote:

Tiny liquors are great for baking. Or drinking.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics