Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Colors

S1959

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 1:54 pm
I was reading an article on a Martha Stewart website about room colors. It says the effects of colors. Pale yellow - warmth, calm, and happiness.; soft blue - peace, serenity, and truth; lilac purple - wisdom and spirituality; royal purple - negative and fearful feelings; mint green-
harmony, healing, regeneration, and love; white- solitude, purity, and cleanliness.
There are different colors for the mishkan and bigdei kehuna. Is there any discussion about the significance and meaning of various colors?

scruffy

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 1:56 pm
Blue/ techeiles is associated with the Kisei Hakavod.

zaq

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 7:08 pm
All I will say is that I don't see how red can be considered an inappropriate color to wear, given that Shlomo HaMelech himself says of the Eishet Chayil (Mishlei 30:21) לֹא־תִירָ֣א לְבֵיתָ֣הּ מִשָּׁ֑לֶג כִּ֥י כׇל־בֵּ֝יתָ֗הּ לָבֻ֥שׁ שָׁנִֽים--She does not worry about her household because of snow, for her entire household is dressed in crimson. (Red is the most warming of the warm colors, so it is perfect for winter wear.) If red were truly an inappropriate color, would an eishet chayil be dressing her entire household in this hue? I think not.

scintilla

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 9:20 pm
Colors are discussed in kabbala, for example in corresponding to different sefiros. I don't remember details but I definitely heard it before.

effess

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 9:22 pm
Chabad.org has some talks or essays about colors in Judaism and what they represent

honey36

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 9:37 pm
zaq wrote:
All I will say is that I don't see how red can be considered an inappropriate color to wear, given that Shlomo HaMelech himself says of the Eishet Chayil (Mishlei 30:21) לֹא־תִירָ֣א לְבֵיתָ֣הּ מִשָּׁ֑לֶג כִּ֥י כׇל־בֵּ֝יתָ֗הּ לָבֻ֥שׁ שָׁנִֽים--She does not worry about her household because of snow, for her entire household is dressed in crimson. (Red is the most warming of the warm colors, so it is perfect for winter wear.) If red were truly an inappropriate color, would an eishet chayil be dressing her entire household in this hue? I think not.

Isn't there also a verse in there about her wearing shatnez? I remember learning these questions in high school but don't remember the answers. I think most of it is not to be take literally.

daughterofgod

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 10:58 pm
zaq wrote:

Actually kabbala has alot about colors and its attraction to certain stuff.
Red does not attract the energies you would wish to surround to yourself with.
I dont know if that is the reason that red became a thing or not.

zaq

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 4:11 pm
honey36 wrote:
Isn't there also a verse in there about her wearing shatnez? I remember learning these questions in high school but don't remember the answers. I think most of it is not to be take literally.

It says DARSHAH tzemer ufishtim--she SEEKS wool and flax. Some garments and furnishings are made of wool--winter clothes, for instance--and others are made of flax. Nowhere does it say she WEARS shatnez.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics