Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Should I say something

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 9:01 pm
My son is in a school for boys that are very energetic and can't sit that long to learn
He recently told me a new boy joined the class and is always hitting everyone. My son got so fed up he punched this kid in the face and the boy ran home.
I met a woman in a store that I am sort of friendly with plus I go to her house to buy an item she sells every so often.
She told me her son started a new yeshiva and it turns out to be the boy that bothers my son.
Now what should I do. I was going to call the rebbi to complain about this boy because my son has been coming home telling me this boy is annoying but now I feel funny doing it.
Do I say anything to the mother?
It can't go in like this.

amother
Vanilla

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 9:04 pm
No I’d only discuss with school. Let them tell her

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 10:31 pm
Speak nicely to the rebbe. Ask him to look into it. Don't complain just explain what your son is telling you and see what he says, they need to be aware and handle it. If you tell the mother, she may just get defensive as she is likely struggling with him for a while, hence the school change.

Try to help your son become friendly with him so they get along better. The kid is trying to find his place and may not have the skills or communication to do so properly. Kids need guidance on how to be caring and how to connect with others. Wishing you lots of success.

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 10:57 pm
How has the school not already addressed it to both of you, if her son is hitting other kids and your son punched him in the face??

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 12:12 am
I’m very surprised that the school didn’t call me but I guess everything is ok there.
I’m just a bit worried if his mother wouldn’t say anything to me when we meet.
I’m sure she knows what her son is all about. I don’t want our friendship to go south.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children