Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Allergies
Alternative allergy testing

hadasa

Post Sun, Dec 11 2005, 9:44 am
Has anyone had it done? Like checking by arm muscle strength, or VEGA machine, etc. Would you vouch for its accuracy?

carrot

Post Sun, Dec 11 2005, 12:58 pm
I had it done by two different doctors. One doctor got some things right and some things wrong, and even after going to him for a while I saw very little improvement.

The other doctor was 100% accurate and in one session managed to get rid of most of my allergies. (The rest took a little more time but now they are gone too.) So I say the technique is accurate, but the doctor really has to know what he is doing.

middy

Post Sun, Dec 11 2005, 9:01 pm
yup,I agree with carrot. it works but you the right dr..my chiropractor told me in abt.3 mins. what my son was allergic to (by muscle testing) and as soon as we eliminated the food, his symptoms disappeared.

Chanie

Post Tue, Dec 13 2005, 11:52 am
I went to a doctor like that once. He gave me a whole list of things I was allergic too. My brother got very similar things and a girl in my class who went to the same doctor was also..... It took a few visits and then slowly put us back on the foods and then the "allergy" was gone.
As you can probably guess, I'm not a believer in this sort of medical practice.

hadasa

Post Tue, Dec 13 2005, 5:04 pm
did you have symptoms of allergy?

Chanie

Post Tue, Dec 13 2005, 7:43 pm
no, I did not. As a child I was diagnosed with ITP at a time that it wasn't very well known. They tried everything for me, but nothing worked. One Yom Kippur (I know how bad this is going to sound) my doctor sat in shul next to a chiropractor who practiced this approach to allergies. He made a bet with my doctor that he could "cure" me... At that point my parents were ready to try anything (I even was sent to an unlicensed medical doctor that made you sign a release form when you entered his office)
It was weird to be told that I was allergic to wheat, yeast, milk, and a whole range of other products.

hadasa

Post Wed, Dec 14 2005, 3:18 am
what's ITP?

Chanie

Post Wed, Dec 14 2005, 9:25 pm
ITP = Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura It's a blood disorder that the antibodies that defends against infection, destroys the good platelets.

Itta

Post Mon, Dec 19 2005, 3:40 pm
I still believe in the good 'ol scratch test or blood test done by an allergist, I think it the most accurate. and the least of a guessing game.

but then again, if the alternative person knows what he's doing, and has a good record with helping other patients, (some of whom you know personally,) go ahead. it cant hurt to try!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics