Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts
Jewish singers without autotune
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 27 2024, 7:54 pm
Are there any?

I changed the subject since I was educated the perfect pitch is not what I think it is.

Which Jewish singers have such an incredible range and the ability to sing any note as requested?
And don't use Autotune?

amother
Oleander

Post Sat, Jan 27 2024, 8:04 pm
I wouldn’t know, they’re all auto tuned
Btw do you know what perfect pitch is? It’s not just always singing on the correct key (which btw there are a few huge Jewish singers who are so pitchy it drives me crazy)
My husband actually has perfect pitch, it’s crazy rare, but it means being able to identify a note without any reference to other notes or scales. Most extremely musical people are super talented and can maintain their pitch in the song perfectly without having perfect pitch

amother
Khaki

Post Sat, Jan 27 2024, 8:06 pm
It’s not necessarily something you’d just know. It’s pretty rare, and has to do with identifying notes, not actually signing. So people who aren’t singers could have perfect pitch and we’d have no clue

amother
Wheat

Post Sat, Jan 27 2024, 8:12 pm
amother Khaki wrote:
It’s not necessarily something you’d just know. It’s pretty rare, and has to do with identifying notes, not actually signing. So people who aren’t singers could have perfect pitch and we’d have no clue

Exactly this. You'd never know.

Do you mean singers that aren't autotuned like crazy? There are a few.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 27 2024, 8:13 pm
amother Wheat wrote:
Exactly this. You'd never know.

Do you mean singers that aren't autotuned like crazy? There are a few.

Yes, let's go with that!

amother
Wheat

Post Sat, Jan 27 2024, 8:14 pm
amother OP wrote:
Yes, let's go with that!

What style do you like?

Off the top of my head.. Ishay Ribo.

amother
Oak

Post Sat, Jan 27 2024, 8:23 pm
Lipa Schmeltzer

amother
Celeste

Post Sat, Jan 27 2024, 10:48 pm
Totally ignorant here. What does auto tune do and what does it sound like?)

Choirmistress

Post Sat, Jan 27 2024, 11:25 pm
Autotune is a patented piece of pitch correction technology. It is used by off-pitch singers to correct their off-key notes. Don't ask me how it's supposed to work.
Perfect, or absolute, pitch (which was also under discussion but which I could not find once this thread on autotune was started) is the ability to either identify or reproduce a given pitch without reference to any other sound with which to compare it.
Absolute pitch is found in only 1 to 5 people out of every 10,000!
(I know someone with absolute pitch. She lives in B.C. now, has been blind in both eyes since shortly after birth, and has won Kiwanis Festival competitions in both voice and harp.)

cnc

Post Sun, Jan 28 2024, 12:20 am
Choirmistress wrote:
Autotune is a patented piece of pitch correction technology. It is used by off-pitch singers to correct their off-key notes. Don't ask me how it's supposed to work.
Perfect, or absolute, pitch (which was also under discussion but which I could not find once this thread on autotune was started) is the ability to either identify or reproduce a given pitch without reference to any other sound with which to compare it.
Absolute pitch is found in only 1 to 5 people out of every 10,000!
(I know someone with absolute pitch. She lives in B.C. now, has been blind in both eyes since shortly after birth, and has won Kiwanis Festival competitions in both voice and harp.)

It's the same thread. The OP changed the title.

Choirmistress

Post Sun, Jan 28 2024, 12:54 am
Thanks for the clarification, cnc.

amother
Ebony

Post Sun, Jan 28 2024, 12:57 am
Shulem Lemmer?

nightingale1

Post Sun, Jan 28 2024, 1:01 am
They all use auto tune, and reverb, and plenty of other things on their recordings. It’s just the way it’s done now. If you want to know which Jewish singers sound amazing live-Shulem Lemmer is the best I’ve heard personally. If you want to know whose recordings don’t sound so processed, hmm I don’t know I’ll have to think.

amother
Kiwi

Post Sun, Jan 28 2024, 5:56 am
Yosef Karduner sounds real and very beautiful.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Jan 28 2024, 5:57 am
Maybe Eitan/Shlomo Katz? Their music sounds very authentic

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Jan 28 2024, 6:22 am
Abie Rottenberg
Not sure about his range.

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Jan 28 2024, 7:15 am
I've heard benny Friedman, Avraham Freid, ishay ribo, and more people live. Way way better in person, you can really hear the raw talent and precision in their singing.

No one super famous is completely off key. They have to preform live, and in our world it's very hard to get a name out. Almost all performers got their name out after they spent years of doing live performances and singing at small weddings and bar Mitzvahs.

Do you know how much money it cost to make a CD? It's so expensive, unless you a rich or you have name you can't make one.

Reality

Post Sun, Jan 28 2024, 7:24 am
There is no such thing as producing an album today and not using auto-tune.

You are not supposed to be able to tell if auto-tune has been used. It's supposed to be a subtle improvement. If you can hear it, it is being way over used.

Reality

Post Sun, Jan 28 2024, 7:27 am
amother Amethyst wrote:
I've heard benny Friedman, Avraham Freid, ishay ribo, and more people live. Way way better in person, you can really hear the raw talent and precision in their singing.

No one super famous is completely off key. They have to preform live, and in our world it's very hard to get a name out. Almost all performers got their name out after they spent years of doing live performances and singing at small weddings and bar Mitzvahs.

Do you know how much money it cost to make a CD? It's so expensive, unless you a rich or you have name you can't make one.

You can't judge a singers voice at a concert either. They are playing their own in studio tracks and singing a long live.

You would need to hear a singer actually singing in an informal setting.

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Jan 28 2024, 8:17 am
Reality wrote:
There is no such thing as producing an album today and not using auto-tune.

You are not supposed to be able to tell if auto-tune has been used. It's supposed to be a subtle improvement. If you can hear it, it is being way over used.

I think that's what OP is interested in.

Of course voices will be touched up, but some are extreme.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts