Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Could you predict their tempremant?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 7:25 pm
Do you find that your child/ren's personality type and tempremant already showed in infancy?

Like their intensity, easy going-ness, curiosity, grit etc?

Mine are still litte.

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 7:35 pm
In retrospect yes I can look back and say their temperament now is what they were like as babies but I don’t think I would have placed it back then.

amother
Mayflower

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 7:36 pm
amother OP wrote:
Do you find that your child/ren's personality type and tempremant already showed in infancy?

Like their intensity, easy going-ness, curiosity, grit etc?

Mine are still litte.

Only with one of mine. She was intense as a baby, and is still intense now at 10yrs old. She would cry unless held, or in a baby swing with music when very young. As she got older (about a year old or so), she would have these crazy tantrums that nothing could distract her from. From only a few months old and on she was like a magnet towards screens, more so than my other babies. She also somehow always drew so much attention from strangers, again more than my other babies.

Now she is still an intense kid. She has ADHD and anxiety and those super intense sensitive feelings are still there. She feels all her emotions very strongly and is super positive and passionate or super emotional and moody. She is still very sensory, and loves cuddles, pressure, movement, and music. Screens are a disaster for her but she is drawn to them like crazy. And she still stands out in a room and draws so much attention naturally (generally positive attention, but I don’t think it’s good that she knows she stands out as one in a crowd). I find it fascinating how strong her personality was as a baby and how it still is so! I’ve always said to my husband that she is a tough one to raise but iyh she can and will go so far in life!

dankbar

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 7:37 pm
A lot depends on zodiac signs

amother
Mayflower

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 7:38 pm
Just to add, my next few were fairly easy babies and bh are more easy going now (though every kid has their ups and downs). My current baby is a super specific personality so I’m curious to watch as they develop and grow!

amother
Diamond

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 7:52 pm
Mine are still little but as a newborn my second cried with tears the day she was born and I looked at her and said wow that's a drama queen...
She's only a year and a half and she is waayy more dramatic then my older kid, think high pitched screeching and tears streaming over the tiniest thing.

My older kid was never cuddly as a baby abd never had a stranger anxiety. As a toddler she is super independent and not emotional

Like I said they are still really young but I do find that these traits were there from the beginning... We'll see what happens!!

amother
Bone

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 7:55 pm
I could not. Even in retrospect, I don’t think I can.

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 7:56 pm
My serious kid was a serious baby I remember getting comments then

amother
Banana

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 8:14 pm
Yes. All my kids have similar personalities since they are babies. I laugh about it all the time. The intense one, the loud one, the adhd non stop one...all the inborn nature's are apparent. Tongue Out
We definitely had to work with their natures to learn and adjust, but we used their personality traits to strengthen in the right direction

amother
Burntblack

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 8:17 pm
Sensitivity and emotions I could definitely see

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 9:11 pm
My son is 2. In utero he seemed very sensitive and kicked hard EVERY time I changed position. He was super high strung as a newborn and screamed almost always, especially when I changed him or dressed him. It’s like he was just mad at having been disturbed from his cozy little world inside of me. In fact, hus first expression when I held him in the hospital was “What did you do to me?!” He’s still high strung and notices everything but also has become a lot of fun.

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 9:12 pm
dankbar wrote:

Do you really believe in that ?

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 9:15 pm
I have HG pregnancies. With my most laid-back kid, the hg was much milder than the others. Always wonder if that was his personality already coming through in the womb.

amother
Foxglove

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 9:17 pm
In some ways yes, some no.

One of mine was always picky and high-strung - and she still is. But she also used to be the shyest, quietest little kid. She had severe stranger anxiety. Now she is a total social butterfly who makes friends with everyone. I never would have guessed.

dankbar

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 9:34 pm
amother Olive wrote:
Do you really believe in that ?

It's the mazalus. I really see the personality matching.

amother
Maize

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 9:34 pm
Yes 1 million percent

yiddishmom

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 9:40 pm
My oldest is only 4, but once I had my second, I noticed that even as babies the two were so different, and as they get older that same personality evolves.

Truth is, I've been telling my husband from when my oldest was an infant that he has my husband's personality to the T.

And my 2 year old has my personality.

It's very cute to notice their unique personality/ strengths from so young.

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 10:20 pm
Nope not at all.

amother
Pear

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 10:21 pm
dankbar wrote:
does it go by the english or hebrew calendar? What are they?

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 10:22 pm
Yes, temperaments were pretty clear since infancy.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics