Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Illusions - Ami Serial
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

chestnut

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 5:06 pm
amother Mocha wrote:
Good morning wake up to the world of social media, materialism and showing off. Unfortunately by frum ppl too and I guess Riva is trying to show her readers how bad that is!

I guess what jumping at us is the whole family of such people and the fake ness of it all

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 5:20 pm
amother Mocha wrote:
Good morning wake up to the world of social media, materialism and showing off. Unfortunately by frum ppl too and I guess Riva is trying to show her readers how bad that is!

Yeah but c'mon, this is a bit much for real life. It's obviously exagerated.

Trademark

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 5:24 pm
amother Lemon wrote:

Agree.

Tao

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 5:28 pm
amother Lemon wrote:

I mean, on one of the other threads, someone was saying she knows people with ten sheitels, so idk.

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 5:31 pm
Tao wrote:
I mean, on one of the other threads, someone was saying she knows people with ten sheitels, so idk.

Well the fact that you pointed out that someone has 10 sheitels shows it's not the norm.

If it was the norm it wouldn't be newsworthy.

Tao

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 5:37 pm
amother Lemon wrote:
Well the fact that you pointed out that someone has 10 sheitels shows it's not the norm.

If it was the norm it wouldn't be newsworthy.

More than one person said they know peopel with 7+ high-end sheitels. And people who buy out whole blocks so they don't have to "deal with neighbors". What shock

amother
Kiwi

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 6:29 pm
I want to join the convo but just checking first, Is it lashon hara to critique someones writing ?

amother
Mocha

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 6:48 pm
amother Kiwi wrote:
I want to join the convo but just checking first, Is it lashon hara to critique someones writing ?

Ask your lor

amother
Mocha

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 6:48 pm
I actually asked a similar question and was told it's not allowed

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 6:55 pm
amother Mocha wrote:
I actually asked a similar question and was told it's not allowed

I think she enjoys the feedback. Shes writing it for our enjoyment, and to have LH that isnt real to talk abt

Tao

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 6:58 pm
amother Cyan wrote:
I think she enjoys the feedback. Shes writing it for our enjoyment, and to have LH that isnt real to talk abt

If you really want to give constructive feedback you could shoot Riva an email. Not right to write it here where it could quickly become a bashing fest

Super2020

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 5:58 pm
its one thing to talk “LH” about the characters
but critiquing the author in such a public forum where there is no toeles is not the best thing. Like the poster above said write to the author directly..

amother
Green

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 6:42 pm
What happened this week?

goldfish1

Post Sat, Mar 16 2024, 2:44 pm
amother Green wrote:
What happened this week?

Malky needs stitches from a cut that her son gives her from throwing something (I think a fork). Mrs Kanner treats her daughter-in-laws and tells them they all need to put on a better show of being perfect because her son in shidduchim isn't getting "top" suggestions.

amother
Strawberry

Post Sat, Mar 16 2024, 8:49 pm
Does anyone actually live like this? Genuinely curious. The shallowness is mind boggling.

qwerty4

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 9:20 pm
People definitely live like this subconsciously.
I don't think anyone talks like this though. It's definitely exaggerated.

Layokee

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 9:54 pm
amother Whitesmoke wrote:
Does anyone else feel like this story doesn't have any Jewish values? They just happen to be frum Jews. But the way they behave, the whole one upping each other, the materialism, the bragging, I find it so distasteful. Makes me think, what was their chinich like if they all grew up with such ugly middos?

She is creating an environment that unfortunately does exist and is blowing it out of proportion to prove her point of how ridiculous and exaggerated such a lifestyle is.

amother
Green

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 9:59 pm
goldfish1 wrote:
Malky needs stitches from a cut that her son gives her from throwing something (I think a fork). Mrs Kanner treats her daughter-in-laws and tells them they all need to put on a better show of being perfect because her son in shidduchim isn't getting "top" suggestions.

The son had told her outright that a girl broke off with him because she didn’t like his family dynamics, and she still doesn’t get it. Why don’t any of the daughters-in-law speak up? Why are they all so afraid?

amother
Ebony

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 10:01 pm
amother Green wrote:
The son had told her outright that a girl broke off with him because she didn’t like his family dynamics, and she still doesn’t get it. Why don’t any of the daughters-in-law speak up? Why are they all so afraid?

She totally twisted the message to the exact opposite of what he was saying to fit her agenda.

chestnut

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 10:05 pm
amother Strawberry wrote:
Does anyone actually live like this? Genuinely curious. The shallowness is mind boggling.

It's so in your face cringy that I really wonder if such people exist.
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room