Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Illusions - Ami Serial
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Kiwi

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 6:06 pm
Tao wrote:
He did, but he was also terrified about what would happen to him.

I didn’t see him showing concern about the individual at all, just worried about how it will be covered up

Mollydolly

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 7:54 pm
He’s going to be arrested and or busy with the case and not b able to work.. nesanel will fobid Rikki from telling anyone. She’ll have to cover up why he can’t come places or if she can’t afford the monthly Sunday lunches

amother
Midnight

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 8:18 pm
I have also been confused when using many names in the story. (I thought it was just me as I'm getting older and forgetting more). Thank you for clearing this up.

chestnut

Post Sat, Jan 20 2024, 9:21 pm
What happened this week?

chestnut

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 9:46 pm
No one?

amother
Ballota

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 9:47 pm
chestnut wrote:
No one?

Basically nesanel admitted he hit someone and they’re in critical condition and he’s trying to hide and pretend it didn’t happen.

Someone feel free to correct me if I’m wrong it’s been a few days since I read this week.

Sunflower11

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 9:49 pm
Anyone knows if there’s a way to read Ami articles online, similar to Mishpacha?

chestnut

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 9:52 pm
amother Ballota wrote:
Basically nesanel admitted he hit someone and they’re in critical condition and he’s trying to hide and pretend it didn’t happen.

Someone feel free to correct me if I’m working it’s been a few days since I read this week.

Thanks!
So basically nothing new after the time before.

amother
Ballota

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 9:54 pm
chestnut wrote:
Thanks!
So basically nothing new after the time before.

Right.

amother
Black

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 11:55 pm
I was expecting Nesanel's problem to be that he wasn't really doing so well at work. He said something in an early chapter about the paralegal doing stuff for him and it gave me the idea that maybe his boss didn't think so well of him and didn't give him responsibilities.
Curious about the parents' relationship with each other and _their_ siblings.
I like that Riva Pomerantz's stories explore imperfect relationships, and I can keep track of the couples; I just wish the characters didn't all speak the same way. Not everyone says "gonna, gotta, dunno," etc. all the time. (And if you really want to write it phonetically, most people say "Ida no" rather than "I dunno"--no?)

chestnut

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 10:27 pm
What are they up to?

Tao

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 10:33 pm
amother Black wrote:

I like that Riva Pomerantz's stories explore imperfect relationships, and I can keep track of the couples

It's hard because Nesanel and Nachi both start with the same letter, and Meir with M which is similar. If they were called Reuven Shimon and Levi it'd be easier to rememeber.

amother
Cyan

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 11:11 pm
Nesanel And Rikki go out to celebrate him becoming partner. They go somewhere real high end. He’s on a high
They get home and there’s a car in driveway. Man come see out with papers. Says you’ve been served.

foreverone

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 11:44 pm
Way too many names and people. I'm confused and therefore don't find it enjoyable to read

chestnut

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 11:47 pm
amother Cyan wrote:
Nesanel And Rikki go out to celebrate him becoming partner. They go somewhere real high end. He’s on a high
They get home and there’s a car in driveway. Man come see out with papers. Says you’ve been served.

Ouch. Thanks

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Feb 18 2024, 9:05 am
Ladies. Here’s a tip.
Nachi and Malky. Both a
Meir and Peri. Both e

Than there’s nesanel and Rikki. The main characters I presume.

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 9:05 am
Does anyone else feel like this story doesn't have any Jewish values? They just happen to be frum Jews. But the way they behave, the whole one upping each other, the materialism, the bragging, I find it so distasteful. Makes me think, what was their chinich like if they all grew up with such ugly middos?

amother
Lightcoral

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 3:08 pm
amother Whitesmoke wrote:
Does anyone else feel like this story doesn't have any Jewish values? They just happen to be frum Jews. But the way they behave, the whole one upping each other, the materialism, the bragging, I find it so distasteful. Makes me think, what was their chinich like if they all grew up with such ugly middos?

I think the point is to show how dysfunctional it is. And it’s pretty clear it’s coming right from their parents, at least the mother.

Tao

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 4:56 pm

Oh yes. Cuz there are no frum places/people steeped in materialism and bragging. Can't Believe It

amother
Mocha

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 5:01 pm

Good morning wake up to the world of social media, materialism and showing off. Unfortunately by frum ppl too and I guess Riva is trying to show her readers how bad that is!
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room