Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
If you use AI

Do you say "Please" and "Thank you" to ChatGPT/Bard etc.
Yes  
 34%  [ 15 ]
No  
 38%  [ 17 ]
Sometimes  
 27%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 44

candycane

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 9:14 am
Do you say "please" and "thank you"
Every time I do I'm like LOL

singleagain

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 9:18 am
I mean when I speak to my Alexa I do

chili-n-cholent

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 9:19 am
Yup I use chatgpt a lot and I'm always pleasing and thanking and asking polite questions with grammatical ? and periods and whenever I'm done I need to remind myself that there's no human being at the other end of it... LOL LOL
It's just an inborn thing I guess, the politeness is ingrained in us

smile12345

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 9:27 am
chili-n-cholent wrote:
Yup I use chatgpt a lot and I'm always pleasing and thanking and asking polite questions with grammatical ? and periods and whenever I'm done I need to remind myself that there's no human being at the other end of it... LOL LOL
It's just an inborn thing I guess, the politeness is ingrained in us

Same. Though I also often think it will give me better answers if I treat it nicely Laugh

synthy

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 9:51 am
Usually. I asked chatgpt’s help to file a dispute with Amazon and let them know when it was accepted. They were thrilled! 😆

mommyla

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 9:56 am
Nope. But one day my 5-year-old heard me tell Siri to add something to my list and told me that I forgot to say please LOL

candycane

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 12:32 pm
mommyla wrote:
Nope. But one day my 5-year-old heard me tell Siri to add something to my list and told me that I forgot to say please LOL

Aw she's precious!

candycane

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 12:33 pm
smile12345 wrote:
Same. Though I also often think it will give me better answers if I treat it nicely Laugh

Oh... sweet dreams Can't Believe It

1ofbillions

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 1:11 pm
I don’t even write full sentences with proper grammar when I’m providing directions to AI lately because I’m so busy at work. I’ll type “is this grammatically correct - XXX” and input the paragraph I’m not sure about.

It’ll usually respond with confirmation that it’s grammatically correct but a suggestion to rephrase the sentence in a specific way to make it more clear. I don’t thank it, just come back a few hours later with another question.

ChatGPT is so useful! So grateful for it Smile

singleagain

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 1:18 pm
1ofbillions wrote:
I don’t even write full sentences with proper grammar when I’m providing directions to AI lately because I’m so busy at work. I’ll type “is this grammatically correct - XXX” and input the paragraph I’m not sure about.

It’ll usually respond with confirmation that it’s grammatically correct but a suggestion to rephrase the sentence in a specific way to make it more clear. I don’t thank it, just come back a few hours later with another question.

ChatGPT is so useful! So grateful for it Smile

Your word program doesn't do that for you? I mean I have that in word a Microsoft programs. Plus I have grammarly installed on my browser so it just starts to correct things

1ofbillions

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 1:20 pm
singleagain wrote:
Your word program doesn't do that for you? I mean I have that in word a Microsoft programs. Plus I have grammarly installed on my browser so it just starts to correct things

I don’t use word at work, I use my company’s software. I really just want chatgpt to offer suggestions on how to rephrase the paragraph so it’s clearer. Word doesn’t do that for you.

singleagain

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 1:32 pm
1ofbillions wrote:
I don’t use word at work, I use my company’s software. I really just want chatgpt to offer suggestions on how to rephrase the paragraph so it’s clearer. Word doesn’t do that for you.

I don't know. I find that modern day word programs in such offer these types of things you might have to go in and turn it on, but I think the option exists....

1ofbillions

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 1:49 pm
singleagain wrote:
I don't know. I find that modern day word programs in such offer these types of things you might have to go in and turn it on, but I think the option exists....

Either way, it’s AI doing the job!

BH Yom Yom

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 1:51 pm
I try to say please and thank you to Siri - not because the phone needs it, but because I want to be in the habit of saying it.

singleagain

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 1:52 pm
1ofbillions wrote:
Either way, it’s AI doing the job!

That is a very good point.

Kumphort

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 1:56 pm
synthy wrote:
Usually. I asked chatgpt’s help to file a dispute with Amazon and let them know when it was accepted. They were thrilled! 😆

How do you do this?

doodlesmom

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 4:52 pm
Haha, I just saw a clip of my close to 100 year old blind grandfather asking chatgpt some questions! Don’t think he said please. I thought it was super cool that at his age he can get the hang of it…
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics