Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Chosson going to kallahs family for Shabbos

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 8:56 am
What should he bring them?

amother
Crystal

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 9:10 am
I don’t think it really matters as long as it is nice.
Flowers, a serving platter, fancy dessert.
It’s not about what he brings, it is about that he brings some thing b’kavid, that looks like effort was put in, and he wasn’t being cheap. That doesn’t mean you need to spend above your means, it just means don’t buy dead flowers on the side of the highway or a boxed Entenmann's cake from the supermarket.

singleagain

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 9:16 am
Some people might love a box entenmann's cake

Why would this be different than anyone else you're going to You get them something that they like

amother
Lightblue

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 9:21 am
One of our sons in law brought flowers for me a wine opening set for DH and because we still had younger kids at the time a small gift for them. He may also have brought chocolate.

The other one brought a a serving dish for me, a wine opening set for dh LOL and a fancy cake.

As mentioned previously, it doesn't really matter, just as long as it looks like some thought was put into it.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 9:31 am
Depending on your circles, I say keep it simple.
My relative told me their Chosson brought elaborate, expensive gifts for her and her DH, for the Kallah, and for each of her kids. It created so much pressure to reciprocate when the Kallah went to his family for Shabbos.

I'm glad our Chosson didn't....he brought something very nice and tasteful L'Kovod Shabbos, and flowers for the Kallah.

zaq

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 10:34 am
Give your ds the same thing you would bring any other family hosting him for Shabbat.

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 10:39 am
If there are gifts he is planning on giving her anyway now could be a nice time to bring them. Ex, DH came twice for shabbos, once he brought me a wedding countdown and once he brought a Siddur/tehillim (I wanted these instead of machzorim)

amother
Alyssum

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 10:54 am
I think my dh brought a candy/chocolate platter.
I had a bunch of younger single siblings at the time and they all enjoyed it!
Really doesn't need to he anything fancy.

amother
Snapdragon

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 11:02 am
amother Lightblue wrote:
One of our sons in law brought flowers for me a wine opening set for DH and because we still had younger kids at the time a small gift for them. He may also have brought chocolate.

The other one brought a a serving dish for me, a wine opening set for dh LOL and a fancy cake.

As mentioned previously, it doesn't really matter, just as long as it looks like some thought was put into it.

The flowers weren’t for his kallah? That’s cute he brought for you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics