Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
My name is Rappel AMA
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7

Reality

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 12:46 am
Rappel wrote:
I don't really love answering hashkafa questions over an internet forum, just because the dryness of the distant word allows for misinterpretation. I'm no Rambam, and my wording is not that precise.

I'd love to have a meetup chabura in Israel, if anyone is interested

Sounds like a great idea!

Success10

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 1:05 am
Reality wrote:
How do you explain Beitar then?

I believe the question of Beitar was specifically brought to Rav Shach ztl.

Rappel

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 1:07 am
Success10 wrote:
I believe the question of Beitar was specifically brought to Rav Shach ztl.

And his answer was?

Success10

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 1:09 am
Rappel wrote:
And his answer was?

If there is a modern day thriving Beitar, then I assume he must have given the thumbs up. But don't quote me, I'd like to verify.

Rappel

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 1:11 am
Success10 wrote:
If there is a modern day thriving Beitar, then I assume he must have given the thumbs up. But don't quote me, I'd like to verify.

I don't want a yes or no. Rather, if someone asked him publicly, then I assume he wrote out a detailed teshuva. That will edify the topic significantly

Reality

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 1:29 am
Did I read correctly Rappel that you don't believe this is a milchemet mitzvah?

Every shiur that I have listened to, all chareidi Rabbanim, have said unequivocally this is a milchemet mitzvah.

Which Rabbanim disagree?

Rappel

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 3:29 am
Reality wrote:
Did I read correctly Rappel that you don't believe this is a milchemet mitzvah?

Every shiur that I have listened to, all chareidi Rabbanim, have said unequivocally this is a milchemet mitzvah.

Which Rabbanim disagree?

No rabbanim in my kav disagree.

https://www.sefaria.org.il/Mis.....ng=bi

[That's the basic source for the whole discussion. Technically open to interpretation through a narrow reading or a broad reading.]

But that's the puzzling part. If it is really a milchemet mitzvah, then are we really doing enough? Are we doing it all wrong?

Success10

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 3:49 am
Regah, I have more awkward questions: do you hold that places like deep in the Golan Heights or Eilat have kedushas Haaretz?

tryinghard

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 4:02 am
Rappel wrote:
No rabbanim in my kav disagree.

https://www.sefaria.org.il/Mis.....ng=bi

[That's the basic source for the whole discussion. Technically open to interpretation through a narrow reading or a broad reading.]

But that's the puzzling part. If it is really a milchemet mitzvah, then are we really doing enough? Are we doing it all wrong?

Well certainlY those people like you and your husband aren’t “doing it wrong” - if the army says they need him there, that’s where he’s needed - and we all know what would happen, chalila, if every soldier, bar none, was thrown at the front lines.
I guess the level of “doing enough” depends on the level of desperation the war reaches.

youngmother6

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 4:22 am
I’m dati liumi and this is definitely a milchemes mitzvah according to all the rabanim we follow

Rappel

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 4:26 am
Success10 wrote:
Regah, I have more awkward questions: do you hold that places like deep in the Golan Heights or Eilat have kedushas Haaretz?

Eilat no.

AFAIK, biblical Israel extends into western Jordan, a bit of Western Syria, and southern Lebanon. How would the Golan be out of bounds then?

Rappel

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 4:27 am
tryinghard wrote:
Well certainlY those people like you and your husband aren’t “doing it wrong” - if the army says they need him there, that’s where he’s needed - and we all know what would happen, chalila, if every soldier, bar none, was thrown at the front lines.
I guess the level of “doing enough” depends on the level of desperation the war reaches.

I'm not sure. The tafkidim assigned to the populace are very vague other than fighting, and women and children should also be involved. I need to study it further

Success10

Post Mon, Jan 01 2024, 2:47 am
I thought of another question. Do you drive through Huwara?
Page 7 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 Recent Topics