Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
Zos chanukah
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 14 2023, 8:22 pm
I put the kvittel requests in my menorah for next year and took it out somethings were clearly answered. And I said I would publicize if they happen!! So hear I’m publicizing

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, Dec 14 2023, 11:07 pm
I think you should do a controlled experiment. Think of two things you want, or four, or six. Write half of them on one kvittel, the other(s) on a second. Put one on, under or in your menorah, the other on, under or in something neutral and seldom used, like a box of Pesach dishes or your youngest child's outgrown clothes. Next Chanuka, take out both kvitlach and see which bakoshos, if any, were fulfilled.

NechaMom

Post Thu, Dec 14 2023, 11:31 pm
amother Brunette wrote:
I think you should do a controlled experiment. Think of two things you want, or four, or six. Write half of them on one kvittel, the other(s) on a second. Put one on, under or in your menorah, the other on, under or in something neutral and seldom used, like a box of Pesach dishes or your youngest child's outgrown clothes. Next Chanuka, take out both kvitlach and see which bakoshos, if any, were fulfilled.

Wink

tweety1

Post Fri, Dec 15 2023, 12:27 am
amother Brunette wrote:

Why the nastiness?!

NechaMom

Post Fri, Dec 15 2023, 1:48 am
tweety1 wrote:
Why the nastiness?!

I didn’t read it as nasty. I think it’s an interesting harmless experiment. What’s the worst that can happen? If it will work out it will be very interesting. If it won’t it won’t be different than any segulah that didn’t work.
ETA I read it over now. The first time I read it I thought she wrote it as a general experiment suggestion for next year. I didn’t notice it’s a suggestion directly to op.
Brunette, I think you should volunteer to try it. Post an update next year. Hope it does work out!

amother
Banana

Post Fri, Dec 15 2023, 11:07 am
Is there tefillah to say today or some perek to read?

amother
Lily

Post Fri, Dec 15 2023, 11:09 am
I think it’s the power of concentrated tefillah.

amother
Oleander

Post Fri, Dec 15 2023, 11:41 am
amother Brunette wrote:

You don't need to believe in the power of Zos Chanukah, it's mostly a chassidishe zach and I understand why you don't get it.
You also don't need to be nasty about it and be rude to others who do believe in it.

mom24.7

Post Fri, Dec 15 2023, 11:53 am
How do you wash the menorah to pack away if the note is taped to the bottom? Won't it get wet n fall off?

amother
Garnet

Post Fri, Dec 15 2023, 11:59 am
I didn’t find Brunette nasty. Her suggestion sounded cute and interesting to me. If you’re chassidish and reading this then you’ll know many chassidim consider Zos Chanukah the sof gzar din. It began on Rosh Hashanah, continued with 10 yemei tshuva through Yom Kippur and for most of us Hoshana Rabba is the last day. For those of you who follow the idea that today is the sof gzar din, it’s a great time to judge others favorably and daven we should also be judged favorably. Wishing imamothers a year of blessings and miracles.

amother
Brunette

Post Fri, Dec 15 2023, 11:59 am
NechaMom wrote:
I didn’t read it as nasty. I think it’s an interesting harmless experiment. What’s the worst that can happen? If it will work out it will be very interesting. If it won’t it won’t be different than any segulah that didn’t work.
ETA I read it over now. The first time I read it I thought she wrote it as a general experiment suggestion for next year. I didn’t notice it’s a suggestion directly to op.
Brunette, I think you should volunteer to try it. Post an update next year. Hope it does work out!
Nuh-uh, you won't catch me leaving kvitlach around where anyone may find them. You never know who might decide to read them. We just had two threads here on the topic, didn't we? Ordinary tefillos, said quietly so no one but the Eibershter can hear them, are good enough for me.
FTR I wasn't suggesting the controlled experiment specifically to OP but as a general thought, just as NechaMom said.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 15 2023, 12:11 pm
amother Oleander wrote:
You don't need to believe in the power of Zos Chanukah, it's mostly a chassidishe zach and I understand why you don't get it.
You also don't need to be nasty about it and be rude to others who do believe in it.

Actually heard it from Charlene aminoff nothing with chassidish

NechaMom

Post Fri, Dec 15 2023, 12:19 pm
amother Brunette wrote:
Nuh-uh, you won't catch me leaving kvitlach around where anyone may find them. You never know who might decide to read them. We just had two threads here on the topic, didn't we? Ordinary tefillos, said quietly so no one but the Eibershter can hear them, are good enough for me.
FTR I wasn't suggesting the controlled experiment specifically to OP but as a general thought, just as NechaMom said.

Ok good. That’s how I read it before someone commented it’s nasty... Just finished davening extra tefillos for Zos chanuka. of course we believe it’s a special day for tefillos. I didn’t see anyone make fun of that. ( another example of reading comprehension on imamother) I’m not leaving private notes anywhere either. May Hashem hear all our tefillos and help all of klal yisroel!

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Fri, Dec 15 2023, 12:19 pm
amother Brunette wrote:

This!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 15 2023, 12:39 pm
Leaving in the menorah it gets stored and no one gets to it or sees it

amother
Garnet

Post Fri, Dec 15 2023, 12:52 pm
amother OP wrote:
Actually heard it from Charlene aminoff nothing with chassidish

Did Charlene say where she got the idea? She’s not chassidish but did she share where she heard about it? In our generation people love segulahs and a lot of times they pick up segulah ideas from outside their own circles.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 15 2023, 1:13 pm
amother Garnet wrote:
Did Charlene say where she got the idea? She’s not chassidish but did she share where she heard about it? In our generation people love segulahs and a lot of times they pick up segulah ideas from outside their own circles.

Yes she did I forgot from where.

mom24.7

Post Fri, Dec 15 2023, 3:20 pm
mom24.7 wrote:
How do you wash the menorah to pack away if the note is taped to the bottom? Won't it get wet n fall off?

Anyone? Menorah sitting unwashed until then lol

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 15 2023, 3:34 pm
mom24.7 wrote:

My menorah was washed. Polished and out away with note under today.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 15 2023, 3:35 pm
mom24.7 wrote:
Anyone? Menorah sitting unwashed until then lol

I did it today all.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics