Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Schools for daughter of converts in BP
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

Amelia Bedelia

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 9:04 pm
Try Bais Sara. I think it can be a good option for you.
Or Bais Brocho but hard to get in.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 9:06 pm
amother OP wrote:
Update: I guess we are late to the game. We tried 4 schools. All said they were full. Is there anywhere where my daughter can go for nursery? Or should I keep her in playgroup?

Which schools did you try?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 9:38 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Try Bais Sara. I think it can be a good option for you.
Or Bais Brocho but hard to get in.

We tried beis bracha. Nesivos. Bnos Chaya. And another school I can't remember the name of. We just sent an application to bais tziporah. My husband said he doesn't know anyone who sends to bybp so if it comes to that last option we will try to apply there. And I heard a lot of good things about bybp from my friends and I'm more than ready to send an application there but my husband thinks its not heimish enough which is a whole other story which I don't wanna get into since there's no real explanation for his hesitation to send there. I guess bybp is a last resort.

Mods I want to move this to the private chasidish velt.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 9:39 pm
I really think you should try Gan Yisroel.

bsy

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 9:52 pm
amother OP wrote:
We tried beis bracha. Nesivos. Bnos Chaya. And another school I can't remember the name of. We just sent an application to bais tziporah. My husband said he doesn't know anyone who sends to bybp so if it comes to that last option we will try to apply there. And I heard a lot of good things about bybp from my friends and I'm more than ready to send an application there but my husband thinks its not heimish enough which is a whole other story which I don't wanna get into since there's no real explanation for his hesitation to send there. I guess bybp is a last resort.

BYBP has more heimish/chasidish kids than not

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 9:53 pm
bsy wrote:

I agree, maybe tell your husband that he can request a class of mainly heimish girls. Some classes are more heimish/chassidish than others.

bsy

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 9:56 pm
amother Cyan wrote:
I agree, maybe tell your husband that he can request a class of mainly heimish girls. Some classes are more heimish/chassidish than others.

The opposite
Classes are by default heimish. You need to request the yeshivish class to be in a non chasidish class

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 10:10 pm
bsy wrote:

Chassidish lite in elementary

DREAMING

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 10:11 pm
I think Gan Yisroel is a choice that can work for you.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 10:24 pm
I really think you should try Bais Sara, and I don't think you'll have a problem getting in. Good education, nice families, chassidish but not affiliated with a particular moisad. I know of other BT/geirim backgrounds who send/sent there. I think both you and your dh will be very happy there. More heimish chassidish than BYBP.

Eta: another vote for Bnos Perel

Last edited by Amelia Bedelia on Thu, Mar 14 2024, 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Forsythia

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 10:26 pm
amother Rose wrote:
Chassidish lite in elementary

I agree with this

woman

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 10:39 pm
Bnos Perel is a great option

rising hero

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 11:07 pm
Did you try gan yisroel? I know a few people suggested it already but I really think it will be a good fit.

amother
Arcticblue

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 11:12 pm
You can try pupa

chili-n-cholent

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 11:42 pm
rising hero wrote:
Did you try gan yisroel? I know a few people suggested it already but I really think it will be a good fit.

Agree 100% and I said this in the beginning of the thread too

Amelia Bedelia

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 12:21 am
Gan Yisroel is a very accepting place, great for geirim/BTs, and I think Op would be comfortable there. Fantastic school too! However, it's similar crowd to BYBP and I'm not sure it's what Op's husband is looking for

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 12:22 am
Bais Sara

emee2

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 12:52 am
I am à BT and my husband was a ger. We sent girls to bais Sura and to gan yisrael. I currently live out of town but considering moving back and putting my big girls in bybp and my little one into a more chassidish school. Feel free to pm me if you want.

Princess23

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 1:25 am
amother OP wrote:
My husband is on board with this.
Are there any that are english speaking? I know of bais yaakov of bp and that will be one of the options. However I was told that since my oldest who is a boy goes to a very chassidish cheder (like bobov, skver, etc) there needs to be some sort of balance between the two and other potential future siblings. We're a nice simple family, my husband typical chassidish and I dress pretty basic and simple plain wig. I do switch tights colors in the summer/fall though.
I feel like if I send to the girls version of the cheder which my oldest goes to I definitely will stick out, and I don't want to burden strangers to help with translations from loshon kodesh and yiddish all my daughter's life.
I also want to be involved in my daughter's school activities. Are the bais yaakov schools the best option for us since they are English speaking? What are the differences between the bais yaakov of bp bais yaakov on 18th and any others that I may have missed? Also, what is the process like? Do we reach out to the schools and ask for an application? What happens from there?
My daughter is turning three in the summer, IYH.

If there are any other converts living in BP I am more than happy to connect and make more friends.

So I’m a bas kohen (grew up ffb all my life) that married a convert. I am very curious how converts fit in in such places. We personally are more modern, and started off our lives living amongst not frum people. Slowly, my husband was growing more and more into it. But, we Defintely still have that secularism. Secularism being that we lived in place with very few frum people and do interact with non Jews and not frum people and have friends that aren’t Jewish or aren’t frum. But, to go all the way into insular must be very tough. I’ve dated many bt, even tho I grew up ffb, and went to typical frum schools, they tend to be very open minded despite how frum they are. You can defintely see a difference when I interact with non Jews vs my husband. It’s just never is the same. But, most converts I know are more similar to my husband (they’re all very Shtark), but you can see how they interact differently no matter how frum they are. I also know a rabbi that’s a convert. His very frum, but due to his background his very open minded and you can see differences. So, I’m curious how you plan and are doing this?

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 1:29 am
amother OP wrote:

Op how chassidish are you and ur dh? And ur kids?
We r bt Bh and send to gan Yisroel. I feel as gers and BT’s our kids may end up speaking Yiddish/fitting in more w chassidish crowd than us grownups. Which makes it hard to interview for schools. There’s also how chassidish u guys want to be and the reality on the ground of where ur holding now and who will take you.

Bnos chaya can be very hard to get into.

I think I would suggest trying Bnos Perel or gan yisroel. I don’t know why U r trying such chassidshe mosdoses but schools like pupa and others suggested here I would not try. Maybe u can try them for summer camp.

Hatzlacha raba! Keep your chin up and keep dovening Smile
Page 3 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics