Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
What's the best nespresso machine?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 30 2023, 12:30 am
What's the best machine to buy and Educate me why people buy coffee machines in general.

Goody2shoes

Post Thu, Nov 30 2023, 12:50 am
This is the one I just got.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06X.....ss_tl

I'm a coffee addict who got tired of spending money on lattes or cappuccinos because "we only have the icky instant kind at home"
It's a great buy! I'm loving it!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 30 2023, 6:14 pm
Ty. Bumping for more replies

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Thu, Nov 30 2023, 6:23 pm
amother OP wrote:
What's the best machine to buy and Educate me why people buy coffee machines in general.

People usually buy coffee machines because they like to drink coffee and it's cheaper to make it at home than to buy coffee out.

I don't know why people buy Nespresso machines if the goal is to save money. The Nespresso pods are expensive, especially the vertuo pods.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 02 2023, 7:20 pm
Trying to bump for the last time. I really want to get a machine, please educate me

amother
Sapphire

Post Sat, Dec 02 2023, 7:36 pm
I’ll give my two cents re nespresso. The reason to buy that machine vs, say a keurig, is because the coffee tastes much better. There are two main types of nespresso machines, the original and the Vertuo. The original only makes espressos, but you can buy pods from them or a few other company’s that make. The Vertuo makes espressos and a couple of other sizes/styles of coffee. For Vertuo you need to buy the capsules from nespresso bc they need a barcode to work. I bought the Vertuo and regret it because I really only like the flavor of the espressos and for the Vertuo they don’t come in diff flavors for espresso (only other coffee types). For the original machine you can buy espresso pods in different flavors (caramel, vanilla, etc). Also, buying the nespresso pods gets expensive so I don’t do it that often.
Hope that helps!

saralem

Post Sat, Dec 02 2023, 7:44 pm
I have the regular Nespresso machine and there are tons of inexpensive off-brand pods to try. I love my machine and the coffee is great. Also has a frothing steam wand. Just not cheap.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 02 2023, 8:06 pm
Thanks for the info!

amother
Black

Post Sun, Dec 03 2023, 1:47 am
I’m in Israel but I have one that grinds fresh beans. It also Froths the milk. I actually like the beans much better than any pies I’ve ever tried. Because it’s ground fresh. It’s also considerably cheaper at least in Israel so that’s why I’m saying I’m in Israel because it could be those different in America. I just think the fresh ground beans taste much better than any other coffee. And I like that I can put as many shots is as I want quite easily. In fact, it makes you smile shots or to big big ones at a time. Not sure what anybody really likes the pods. I also have the parts for years, but this is so much better. The coffee is much much better

cnc

Post Sun, Dec 03 2023, 1:49 am
amother Black wrote:
I’m in Israel but I have one that grinds fresh beans. It also Froths the milk. I actually like the beans much better than any pies I’ve ever tried. Because it’s ground fresh. It’s also considerably cheaper at least in Israel so that’s why I’m saying I’m in Israel because it could be those different in America. I just think the fresh ground beans taste much better than any other coffee. And I like that I can put as many shots is as I want quite easily. In fact, it makes you smile shots or to big big ones at a time. Not sure what anybody really likes the pods. I also have the parts for years, but this is so much better. The coffee is much much better

Can you link the machine that you have?

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Dec 03 2023, 4:53 am
I'm a coffee snob so I love my nespresso. I think its bizarre when people say they're coffee drinkers and then proceed to say how many cups they drink every day of instant. I just could never.

Then again, I grew up with my mother brewing a huge fresh pot every morning. Instant is only for shabbos.

My husband gifted my with a fancy nespresso including a milk frother for one of my births. Best present ever. I am the only drinker in my house, so we only need a single cup at a time anyway.
The regular nespresso is not only espresso. You can actually control how much water goes into each cup. It's a very fancy machine.

That one broke after about five years. It costs about 1,600 NIS. Definitely worth it to me. Today it might be cheaper.

I tried a few cheap one-cup machines from Amazon after that. They were truly cheap, broke quickly, and the coffee wasn't great.

I just bought a Virtuo and I LOVE it. It's very simple, not as fancy as the previous one I had. But brews a quick and delicious cup.

When I did my research, I found that the regular Nespresso has smaller pods and is better for people who love espresso. The one I had with the frother is good for people who love cappucinos. If you love a large cup of great coffee, like me, the Virtuo is ideal.

good luck!

Ask me any more questions. I love talking coffee:)

SuperWify

Post Sun, Dec 03 2023, 5:06 am
Love my vertuo. The flavors are amazing. For the saying it’s expensive- if you buy a $3-6 cup of coffe from the shop every day it’s an actual bargain. I’m the only drinker (for now, though my kids wish they can have) so it’s my treat. I’m not going to lie. It adds up quickly.

It’s really easy to clean out about once a month (they recommend every day ha). It has really cool cleaning system.

My mom resuses her pods but I don’t recommend that 😂

GettingThere

Post Sun, Dec 03 2023, 8:10 am
The vertuo makes both espresso size, a 5 oz (my favorite-with milk) 8oz and even 12.
You can get Starbucks brand pods from target (tho they are about the same price as nespresso brand) for vertuo. The original line (espresso only) machine can take many other brands.
The expensive part of owning nespresso is not the machine. It’s the pods.
I love my vertuo!! It def adds up but I make a latte for $1.10 vs $5 from Starbucks.
The USA is the most expensive for pods, Canada, Europe and Israel are cheaper weirdly!
You can’t compare to keurig if you are a legit coffee drinker, that is basically instant coffee. Lots more options and cheaper but the quality and taste is not like a fresh brewed cup.
Doe shabbos in the summer I sometimes make an espresso before shabbos and add milk and ice on shabbos for iced latte.

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 9:45 pm
Bumping this up...if I'm more of an ice coffee drinker is the vertuo better for that? I want to get one but I don't know which machine to buy. I wanna spend under 200 dollars for the machine what would you recommend?

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 10:18 pm
I have a vertuo machine at work. Doesn't hold a candle to the French press I make at home, but it beats the heck out of instant and I think is way better than Keurig as well.

SuperWify

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 4:26 am
amother Purple wrote:
Bumping this up...if I'm more of an ice coffee drinker is the vertuo better for that? I want to get one but I don't know which machine to buy. I wanna spend under 200 dollars for the machine what would you recommend?

Love my nespresso. The ice coffee pods are delicious.

SuperWify

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 4:27 am
amother Cyan wrote:
I have a vertuo machine at work. Doesn't hold a candle to the French press I make at home, but it beats the heck out of instant and I think is way better than Keurig as well.

Can you educate me on the French press. I’m ready to take my coffee drinking to the next level lol

Last edited by SuperWify on Tue, Apr 02 2024, 7:26 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 7:14 am
SuperWify wrote:
Love my nespresso. The ice coffee pods are delicious.

Can you link which machine you have please?

SuperWify

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 7:26 am
amother Purple wrote:
Can you link which machine you have please?

Nespresso vertuo

amother
Dustypink

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 7:54 am
amother Black wrote:

Black- What machine do you have? Where did you buy it? And where do you buy your beans? (which beans can you recommend)
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics