Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Washers and dryers

Batyah

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 11:48 pm
need some input:

making aliyah
living in Gush Etzion (BatAyin)
living in caravan (G-d willing!)
grandparents giving us $
we want to purchase a washer dryer in Israel

1) what brand
2) where to purchase (will they deliver and install?)
3) monthly installments or up front?
4) size (we have a 4 yo 2 yo and G-d willing more....) I also will be using cloth diapers
5) plan on using dryer for the rainy days

BTW I have never had my own washer dryer before (I have always had to schlep to the laundry mat!!)
So I am going to have to getused to doing a loadof laundry everyday! rather than once every 3 weeks (we had enough underwear to last us that long) LOL

hila

Post Wed, Jul 30 2008, 12:27 am
First - welcome to Gush Etsion from a neighbour in Efrat. Feel free to email me with questions.
I assume you have been to Bat Ayin, and know its characteristics ?

Anyway - if you are in a caravan you will hopefully be able to fit in a standard size washer and dryer. I would recommend getting a front opening washer with a dryer stacked on top. A bit hard on the back, but it saves space.

If you speak Hebrew - go to www.zap.co.il and compare prices and brands. I think most washers are a standard 60cm wide. Dryers too.

If you look at that site for prices you can go to a store and ask tehm to match.

Zik Or right near my office will usually match prices for me and they deliver to Gush Etsion in about 2 days. Sometimes you then have to get teh certified supplier of teh machine to come and hook it up. That does not cost extra, but means staying home to wait for him.

shalhevet

Post Wed, Jul 30 2008, 12:32 am
When you say washer-dryer, do you mean one machine that does both?

If you do - buy 2 separate machines. For a growing family, you need a washing machine that is always available (I wouldn't mind having two Wink ). Get a large capacity washer - you may not need it now (especially if you have all those clothes), but iy"H you will need it in the future. Standard is 5 kg - choose 7 or 8 kg instead.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions