Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
I’m Belz ama….
  Previous  1  2  3 8 9  10  11  Next

amother
Alyssum

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 3:34 pm
amother Mistyrose wrote:
One person told you something and now the entire belz has animosity towards them?

Afaik it's a non-issue for most people. I literally don't anything what happened between the two and I grew up belz. I never heard it discussed growing up. Maybe a few die-hard people are even interested in this. Could be in ey it's different .

Many of the older people broke away from Belz when the Ruv took over. They were upset about many of the new changes.
There was a big break for many years from the passing of Reb Aron and the Ruv. These people went to machnivka in between, and stayed there.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 3:36 pm
amother Slategray wrote:
I dont want to rain on your parade so feel free to ignore if it hurts you ch"v - thats not my intention.
I married Belz Machnovka and gebuinely wondering why there is so much animosity towards our chassides from your end? Like, your Ruv seems to encourage achdus between all yidden yet somehow, were not worthy of your kindness.
To the point where I once redt a shidduch to someone - the girl was belz, an okder girl - around 25-26 yrs old- she came from a very troubled family and was having a very hard time getting engaged. I redt her someone I knew which wd be really passig, but the boys father davens in Belz Machnovka(they're not even fm the chassides, just davens there) she yelled at me that she would rather consider a Ger Tzedek or a Sephardic boy before she wd consider someone from Machnovka.
Needless to say I was left flabbergasted.

I never heard anybody talking about machnovka it’s so not a topic, I really don’t think people take this so seriously nowadays and if their are immature boys making fun then I’m really sorry they are prob very bored and looking for fun…. About the girl, I really don’t know what her problem is maybe she once had a bad experience with someone from this chasidos… or maybe something is wrong with her….

amother
Alyssum

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 3:38 pm
amother Pear wrote:
I think the Belze pride works for the positive and the negative.
As a satmar person with Belze cousins, none of my satmar siblings would disparage their Rebbe or their chassidus to them, but that respect is not shown the other way around.

For years it was the other way around.
My mother was teased by her neighbors for being a Belza.
The entire chassidus moved from Williamsburg to Boro Park because Satmar was basically torturing them at the time.

amother
Skyblue

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 3:38 pm
amother OP wrote:
I never heard anybody talking about machnovka it’s so not a topic, I really don’t think people take this so seriously nowadays and if their are immature boys making fun then I’m really sorry they are prob very bored and looking for fun…. About the girl, I really don’t know what her problem is maybe she once had a bad experience with someone from this chasidos… or maybe something is wrong with her….

true I dont think its so "farhetzt" nowadays.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 3:40 pm
Cspybe wrote:
I have some belz relatives and wonder why the boys mostly get engaged at 17. Not all of them obviously but it seems pretty common. Is there a reason?

(Asking respectfully, I just find it interesting and a curious)

That’s interesting cuz officially the ‘freezer’ only opens pesach shuir beis when majority of the boys are 18 already

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 3:43 pm
amother Alyssum wrote:
For years it was the other way around.
My mother was teased by her neighbors for being a Belza.
The entire chassidus moved from Williamsburg to Boro Park because Satmar was basically torturing them at the time.

True my father grew up in Williamsburg at that time and it’s still painful for him to talk about it

amother
Alyssum

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 3:50 pm
amother OP wrote:
That’s interesting cuz officially the ‘freezer’ only opens pesach shuir beis when majority of the boys are 18 already

The freezer has moved around this way and that.
They keep trying new methods.

The years when they opened the classes earlier, the boys just had longer engagements.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 3:58 pm
Can you tell me about the Rebbetzen's tishen for men? What is it like? The Rebbetzen at the head surrounded by only men? What does she do? Does she talk, do they sing?

amother
Leaf

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 4:17 pm
amother Alyssum wrote:
They didn't sing in my mother's times either.
It was way before Mrs. mandelowitz times.
in my times we never where able to sing or make a performance the first time belz did it was a hachanikas habais for the 600 McDonald ave school

amother
Winterberry

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 5:40 pm
amother Pear wrote:
I think the Belze pride works for the positive and the negative.
As a satmar person with Belze cousins, none of my satmar siblings would disparage their Rebbe or their chassidus to them, but that respect is not shown the other way around.

I am really surprised by this, as someone that comes from a family that is half belz and half satmer, the belz have never spoken a bag word about satmer and daven in satmer for all simchas. Unfortunately some of my satmer relative were the ones that recently did something against the belz rav and the belz side of the family were devastated because we never had any devisions even when there was heavy fighting. For some reason we all accept the satmer and the satmer don't accept the belz

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 6:00 pm
OP this might be very hard to know but how is the Rebbe's health? I worry when I see him walking just a bit at the weddings of the Aineklach. I think very highly of Belz. They seem a very warm community.

amother
Aster

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 6:15 pm
amother Honeysuckle wrote:
You absolutely cannot watch the wedding live on your own device.

I can’t speak for the last couple weddings but when I was in high school I had the wedding live-streaming in my house.

Eishes Chaim

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 6:27 pm
When I was in school I remember my neighbors telling me they learn hilchos tzitzes and tefillin. Is the exclusive to Belz?

amother
Winterberry

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 7:18 pm
Eishes Chaim wrote:
When I was in school I remember my neighbors telling me they learn hilchos tzitzes and tefillin. Is the exclusive to Belz?

Do you mean that the girls learn? No never heard of it and I never learned

amother
Sand

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 7:32 pm
alwayssmiling wrote:
So does that mean shobbos as well? I'm asking because not being makpid on zman tefilla on Shabbos is something that goes back to the talmidim of the Besht.
A lot of chassidim are makpid with zman tefilla on weekdays.

They're done with davening at 11am on shabbos morning.

creditcards

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 7:48 pm
amother Slategray wrote:
If it helps you feel better about it to pretend it's a non issue, then go ahead.
I was asking OP since this is an AMA thread, why this is so and if there's any way for peace? For the record, we are just as Belz as you. Do you think the Frierdika Ruv is proud about this? There's so much love towards bal tshuvas practiced in Belz, maybe they can extend that love to us as well?

People are upset because it started with Chasidim who didn't want to accept the current Belzer Rebbe because he was just 18 years old and they started their own Chasidus. It's hurtful when they call themselves Belz. We have a Rebbe, are you trying to replace him because he was 18?
There is just 1 belzer Rebbe, if you broke off because you don't want to accept our Rebbe call yourself something else, not Belz.

amother
Sand

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 7:57 pm
amother Alyssum wrote:
If someone doesn't marry Belz they aren't part of a chevra.
I married out and it's lonely sometimes when most of my class gets together for functions and only 4-5 of us are excluded.
It's almost like having a class reunion without us.

I'm still insulted that I wasn't invited and it's almost 18 years later. I married into Belz. But they definitely knew my name and address when they wanted me to come donate at the Belz women's gatherings with the Rebbetzin.

amother
Alyssum

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 8:01 pm
Eishes Chaim wrote:

We learned Halacha from the kitzur shulchan aruch.
They used to skip these until Mrs Salamon came in in 2010.
She did teach it to the girls. She said a Jewish mother should know when her little boys tzitzis was pasul.

amother
Alyssum

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 8:05 pm
creditcards wrote:
People are upset because it started with Chasidim who didn't want to accept the current Belzer Rebbe because he was just 18 years old and they started their own Chasidus. It's hurtful when they call themselves Belz. We have a Rebbe, are you trying to replace him because he was 18?
There is just 1 belzer Rebbe, if you broke off because you don't want to accept our Rebbe call yourself something else, not Belz.

Lemaseh he’s also a Belze einikel.
It’s common for many children and grandchildren to become Rebbe.

But yes they were trying to replace the Ruv.
They disagreed with his mehalech because he changed a lot of things from the way Belz used to do things.

I guess they felt they were the real Belz that was sticking to mesorah.

amother
Butterscotch

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 8:50 pm
Cspybe wrote:
I have some belz relatives and wonder why the boys mostly get engaged at 17. Not all of them obviously but it seems pretty common. Is there a reason?

(Asking respectfully, I just find it interesting and a curious)

Not belzer thing by far, I guess it's related to their own way of doing things or involves different variables

My entire very large extended family got engaged in the range of 19 to 21
Page 9 of 11   Previous  1  2  3 8 9  10  11  Next Recent Topics