Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Single to double stroller that is not uppa baby

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 06 2023, 8:49 am
No hate on the Vista, but my sister has it and when converted into a double, it was impossible to maneuver. I also don't love the configurations of the Vista, I will have a toddler and a newborn and would love to be able to have the bassinet on top and toddler seat on bottom. Does such a stroller exist? Something as light and easy to push as possible. I've been looking into the peg perego ypsi, but there aren't so many reviews online and I don't know anyone personally that has one. I've heard the mockingbird is great as a single but as a double faces similar issues of being bulky heavy and hard to push.

bnm

Post Fri, Oct 06 2023, 8:51 am
City Select. Any stroller with inline seating gets difficult to push.

amother
IndianRed

Post Fri, Oct 06 2023, 8:54 am
I never recommend single to double strollers

Get a single, and then get a double when you need one. They are always super bulky
If there is one I’d get, it would be the bugaboo donkey, but it’s just not worth it

You don’t use doubles for that long when you don’t have twins. Your single will be getting the most use throughout your many childbearing years.

I’m 10 years down the line, and my bugaboo chameleon (they don’t even make it anymore) is still my most used stroller at home. (I have the joolz aer for car and travel and I love that!!)

My valco double is perfect for the few months here and there that I’ve needed it when I had a baby and a toddler. But then after a short time the toddler grows out of it and uses a buggy board on the chameleon or walks

amother
Chicory

Post Fri, Oct 06 2023, 8:56 am
amother IndianRed wrote:
I never recommend single to double strollers

Get a single, and then get a double when you need one. They are always super bulky
If there is one I’d get, it would be the bugaboo donkey, but it’s just not worth it

You don’t use doubles for that long when you don’t have twins. Your single will be getting the most use throughout your many childbearing years.

I’m 10 years down the line, and my bugaboo chameleon (they don’t even make it anymore) is still my most used stroller at home. (I have the joolz aer for car and travel and I love that!!)

My valco double is perfect for the few months here and there that I’ve needed it when I had a baby and a toddler. But then after a short time the toddler grows out of it and uses a buggy board on the chameleon or walks

Depending on how far you are walking... Five year olds can be very comfortable in a double with their 3.5 year old sib..

amother
Brown

Post Fri, Oct 06 2023, 9:03 am
Any single to double gets really hard to push or maneuver. I was gonna do that after research I went with a regular double stroller

amother
Honeydew

Post Fri, Oct 06 2023, 9:08 am
amother Brown wrote:
Any single to double gets really hard to push or maneuver. I was gonna do that after research I went with a regular double stroller

Yeah I struggled with this decision too. Went with the side by side city mini gt and very happy with that choice.

amother
Babypink

Post Fri, Oct 06 2023, 9:11 am
I think an excellent double is the way to go. Spend more money on a great double.

bnm

Post Fri, Oct 06 2023, 9:15 am
I went with the Donkey years ago. Single to double, not inline, able to push it fully loaded with one hand.

amother
SandyBrown

Post Fri, Oct 06 2023, 9:19 am
I think the donkey is your only option. Every other stroller you’re pushing a frame that’s meant to carry two kids. So it’s heavy and bulky.

That being said, it’s probably most cost efficient to just buy a double stroller. Get a good city mini.

gamanit

Post Fri, Oct 06 2023, 9:25 am
I had the Britax B Ready for a few years and liked it very much. I switched it around all the time. The only downsides were that is a bit heavy to lift into the car and if you have the toddler on bottom they love throwing things out of the basket. I found it easier to maneuver than the side by sides especially in narrow places

amother
Mayflower

Post Fri, Oct 06 2023, 9:26 am
I have a donkey and I love it both as a single and as a double. I bought it used on offer up for a great price, I would not put down that much money otherwise. It's definitely not a car stroller but it's great for walking. It's not my only stroller.

gamanit

Post Fri, Oct 06 2023, 9:33 am
Evenflo Pivot Xpand Modular Travel System with LiteMax Infant Car Seat with Anti-Rebound Bar (Ayrshire Black) https://a.co/d/52f3LmR

This also looks interesting

gande

Post Fri, Oct 06 2023, 10:44 am
Silver cross stroller has bassinet on top and toddler on bottom. It’s heavy like the vista tho. Also the problem with that configuration is that toddler isn’t happy being squished and not able to see anything. If you don’t use the double on a daily basis or for short walks you can get a buggy board for your single and a cheap double(I recommend summer infant cs double) for when you need it .

imaima

Post Fri, Oct 06 2023, 10:49 am
amother OP wrote:
No hate on the Vista, but my sister has it and when converted into a double, it was impossible to maneuver. I also don't love the configurations of the Vista, I will have a toddler and a newborn and would love to be able to have the bassinet on top and toddler seat on bottom. Does such a stroller exist? Something as light and easy to push as possible. I've been looking into the peg perego ypsi, but there aren't so many reviews online and I don't know anyone personally that has one. I've heard the mockingbird is great as a single but as a double faces similar issues of being bulky heavy and hard to push.

Obviously Bugaboo Donkey or Mountain Buggy double. Also phil and teds is still around.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics