Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Games
I’m SuperWify and I’ll AYA (ask YOU anything)
  Previous  1  2  3   31  32  33  Next

SG18

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 6:47 am
Hi! Ask me anything Smile

Itsallfromhim

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 6:55 am
Love how you turned the tables

Feel free to ask

wigboutique

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 7:03 am
SuperWify wrote:
Hi wig, what was one thing you did that you regret?

I think that my top regret is things I did was order stuff or buy stuff that is bad quality or that I never used, like from AliExpress. Same goes to groceries that get spoiled before I get a chance to use them..
I bought low heels on AliExpress but they are super shaky and I know I’ll probably never use them.. On the other hand most of the stuff comes out really nice! I guess you can’t have everything.

Chickensoupprof

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 7:24 am
SuperWify wrote:
Anything too personal I guess…

Chicken soup, what the hardest thing for you on becoming a new mom?

You are always on duty, and you are more vulnerable. There was a junkie in the city who chased me and scolded me and that’s happening sometimes but since I’m a mom I’m way more too touchy for that and getting more stressed or anxious

Reality

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 7:35 am
SuperWify wrote:
Wow. That’s horrific! Did your parents know? Did the school intervene?

As an adult today, how would you prevent such a thing from occurring in schools today?

No, I never told anyone at school. Years later I told my parents and siblings.

You can't stop mean girls from being mean. I was teased mercilessly for a year. Thankfully, I went to a school that switched classes every year. The following year, I was in a different class. I made friends with a few girls and was never bullied again. Being new and not having any friends is really, really hard. Once I had a few friends nobody started up with me anymore.

What schools can do is have more supervision during break times. I was made fun of mostly during recess when no teachers were around.

I was threatened with violence when I mistakenly walked by when a group of girls in my class were purposely vandalizing the school. They surrounded me and threatened to punch me in the face if I told on them. I still remember one girl getting right in my face as she said it and demonstrating her fist to me.

I was in shock. Writing this out, it sounds so fake, like in a movie. But it really happened. And, no I never told on them.

small bean

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 7:42 am
I'm in

small bean

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 7:43 am
Ema of 5 wrote:
Sounds like fun, ask away!!

I totally think we'd be friends irl.

advocate

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 7:46 am
I'm game-ask away.

Queen Of Hearts

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 8:13 am
Hi

SuperWify

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 8:26 am
Ema of 5 wrote:
Honestly? Life with five is overwhelming sometimes!!! BH BH BH my baby (he’s almost 1 already, can you believe it????) is doing so so so much better, and life is getting less overwhelming.

Yom tov meals…..so here’s the story. Growing up, my grandparents lived with us. Not because they were old or sick, but because both of my parents worked and BH they were able to move in to help take care of us. My grandparents (and by extension my parents) were the epitome of superhosts. We didn’t have an open house like my husband and I have, but we almost always had company. I didn’t spend much time cooking growing up, but I guess I learned through osmosis, from watching my mom and grandmother. Yom tov in our house was a special time. Special food, special clothes, etc.
How do I manage? By being super organized! I plan my menu weeks in advance. I plan out my shopping lists too. Then I make a cooking list- what will be cooked on what day- and really try to stick to it. Succos is the hardest, because there’s the fewest days to prep and shop and cook, but somehow it always happens.
My ideas come from cookbooks and recipe websites and…..FB! “I don’t cook but I give out recipes” or something like that is where a lot of my inspiration comes from.
I was working until two januaries ago. I worked from home, but it was still work. Last year, when my baby was born, I wasn’t working. All I can say is BH for that, because it would have been a disaster. BH I have almost full time help- four days a week, six hours a day. She is wonderful and amazing- the type who will organize the closets or drawers while we are away for a few days, you know? She doesn’t help me with the prep, but she does clean up after me (the adhd in me doesn’t always remember to!) and when Yom tov falls on her days here, she is a wonderful, big, huge help! My mother in law is superwoman, and only serves on real dishes, and my husband expects no less from me. Because I have a cleaning lady, that is possible. It took many years for my husband to understand that plastic does not mean less kavod, and that me standing and washing all those dishes is not necessarily conducive to simchas Yom tov. BH clean up post Yom tov is not bad. My husband is in charge of the dishwashers (I know a guy who sells appliances, so I’m spoiled and have 3- dairy, meat, and parve)
I just want to point out that while the bolded was a cute mistake, we actually have 3 kings (cuz let’s be real, the kids rule the house!) and 2 queens!!
We don’t generally go away for Yom tov, I don’t like it and it’s hard for so many reasons. We also don’t go away for shabbos very often, for the same reason. Our shabbos meals are by far not as elaborate, but we have a lot of people living in our house, so we tend to have big meals. Sometime it’s quiet, like under 10 people total including me, my husband, and kids. (I love my baby to bits and pieces, but he doesn’t count here.) I tell my husband when I need a break, and he usually accommodates. When he doesn’t, it’s usually because people call Thursday night or Friday asking if they can come. Sometimes he says no (obviously in a nice way) and sometimes he will tell me and let me decide.

Oh wow! I feel like you changed your username yesterday! Can’t believe it happy birthday!

Such a sweet backstory ❤️ but obviously it was easier for your parents who were lucky to have their parents help.

So happy you have good help and 3 dishwashers- im a huge believer in hiring help. Thank you for sharing and enjoy your chag! I hope this helps others understand that having help is important.

SuperWify

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 8:27 am
SG18 wrote:
Hi! Ask me anything Smile

Hi SG! You said anything.. therefore.. I’m curious about which community you are from? I enjoy your thoughtful responses (even if I don’t always agree Wink).

SuperWify

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 8:29 am
justayiddena wrote:
Love how you turned the tables

Feel free to ask

I’m honestly bored of these threads so I’d thought we’d mix things up a bit to stir some drama in between cooking today.

Speaking of cooking… can you share a time you cooked something new and it didnt go so well…

SuperWify

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 8:30 am
wigboutique wrote:
I think that my top regret is things I did was order stuff or buy stuff that is bad quality or that I never used, like from AliExpress. Same goes to groceries that get spoiled before I get a chance to use them..
I bought low heels on AliExpress but they are super shaky and I know I’ll probably never use them.. On the other hand most of the stuff comes out really nice! I guess you can’t have everything.

Wow if that’s your biggest regret - small buyers remorse-I have the utmost respect for you sister!

SuperWify

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 8:32 am
Chickensoupprof wrote:
You are always on duty, and you are more vulnerable. There was a junkie in the city who chased me and scolded me and that’s happening sometimes but since I’m a mom I’m way more too touchy for that and getting more stressed or anxious

Oh yes. There is never a break! And even if you manage to go away for 1 min 1 day or 1 hour you are always thinking and worrying about those little monsters, I mean angels bh.

ap

Hi

GLUE

SuperWify wrote:
Hi glue anything!

Let’s start with you! What did you eat for dinner last night?

Chicken wings and rice

SuperWify

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 8:34 am
Reality wrote:
No, I never told anyone at school. Years later I told my parents and siblings.

You can't stop mean girls from being mean. I was teased mercilessly for a year. Thankfully, I went to a school that switched classes every year. The following year, I was in a different class. I made friends with a few girls and was never bullied again. Being new and not having any friends is really, really hard. Once I had a few friends nobody started up with me anymore.

What schools can do is have more supervision during break times. I was made fun of mostly during recess when no teachers were around.

I was threatened with violence when I mistakenly walked by when a group of girls in my class were purposely vandalizing the school. They surrounded me and threatened to punch me in the face if I told on them. I still remember one girl getting right in my face as she said it and demonstrating her fist to me.

I was in shock. Writing this out, it sounds so fake, like in a movie. But it really happened. And, no I never told on them.

This is true.
Thanks for sharing ❤️ must’ve been painful to relive!

I had a traumatic year of being bullied by a teacher when I was in third grade and I was too scared to tell my parents. Till this day I regret it. She was a witch with a capital B. Destroyed so many of my classmates and to this day are still traumatized.

Last edited by SuperWify on Thu, Sep 28 2023, 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total

SuperWify

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 8:35 am
small bean wrote:
I'm in

Hi, can I join the friends club?

Do you host big meals as well?

SuperWify

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 8:36 am
advocate wrote:
I'm game-ask away.

Curious why you chose advocate as your username. What are you advocating for and to whom?

SuperWify

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 8:38 am
Sweetmommy wrote:
Hi

Hi! Do you like sweet carbs (namely cakes) as much as me? Or did you pick this username because you’re one of those positive sweet loving mommy’s who never never ever yell or raise their indoor voices above a whisper and keep a sweet smile on their faces at all times and call their kids yummy darling delicious every time they speak to them? If that’s the case please share your secrets!
Page 2 of 33   Previous  1  2  3   31  32  33  Next Recent Topics