Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Random how to behave questions

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 26 2023, 8:50 am
I have these random questions that float in my mind. I always think about how to act in xyz situation for example

Imagine if your find out at work that a coworker you’re close to and worked with forgive plus years has died suddenly. What would your reaction look like? Get up and leave or be very sad but continue working.

I forgot the other one but does anyone else think up hypothetical random situations and how to deal

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 26 2023, 8:53 am
Here’s another one. My grandparents died a number of years ago and were well off. I’ve hinted to my mother to know if any money was left for grandchildren but never got a straight answer. Is it appropriate to ask straight out did grandma leave me money? My mom is the type to hold back money to put into a savings account and not let me know until we are marrying off my children.

amother
Cherry

Post Tue, Sep 26 2023, 8:59 am
amother OP wrote:
I have these random questions that float in my mind. I always think about how to act in xyz situation for example

Imagine if your find out at work that a coworker you’re close to and worked with forgive plus years has died suddenly. What would your reaction look like? Get up and leave or be very sad but continue working.

I forgot the other one but does anyone else think up hypothetical random situations and how to deal

Even if I had their death planned in my head, I think I'd be too shocked to be able to tell you now what my reaction would be.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Sep 26 2023, 9:31 am
amother OP wrote:
Here’s another one. My grandparents died a number of years ago and were well off. I’ve hinted to my mother to know if any money was left for grandchildren but never got a straight answer. Is it appropriate to ask straight out did grandma leave me money? My mom is the type to hold back money to put into a savings account and not let me know until we are marrying off my children.

If Grandma would have left money to grandchildren, that would have been spelled out in a will and filed with a lawyer. We got a check after DH's grandmother passed away, that was left for us.

zaq

Post Tue, Sep 26 2023, 9:36 am
I don't understand.Why
would you leave work because a coworker died, unless you found out an hour before the funeral and were taking off
to attend? It's not as if it was a family member and you had to leave to make funeral arrangements.

You don't take off from work just because you're very sad. You go to the ladies' room to cry it out, if you must, and go back to work.

And it's fine to ask your mom if Granny left you anything. If she did, she wanted YOU to have it and do with it as you see fit. If she had wanted your mom to save or invest it for you, she'd have put it in a trust for you with your mom as trustee. Which maybe she did.

But don't assume that Granny left you anything. She may have left all her assets to her children and not listed any grandchildren as beneficiaries.

amother
Canary

Post Tue, Sep 26 2023, 9:40 am
I came to work to find out a coworker had died. Yes, it was upsetting. Everyone was struggling to cope with the news, but we went on with our days and sat down and worked.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette