Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Bugaboo dragonfly vs butterfly

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 10:35 am
Hi, im looking to get a new stroller for my 15 month old that recently outgrew the doona.

I live on the outskirts of monsey and dont drive, which means I need a car to go shopping. I need something that folds and fits into dh's car/taxi easily.

We used the doona for travel till now, and I have the bugaboo chameleon that I got when I had my first baby in 2013, which at this point is more or less not usable anymore. I can use it in my house and for a walk down the block, but it doesnt fold because its broken so I can't use it when out because I can't put it into the car.

Im debating between the butterfly and dragonfly - with the butterfly pulling me because of the price, and dragonfly because of the wheel size and bassinet option (for future babies), im just really unsure which model to go for.

Any stroller experts care to weigh in? Tia!

Fave

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 10:55 am
I just got the Butterfly because of the one hand fold. That played a factor in my decision as I’m using it mostly for traveling.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 10:59 am
Fave wrote:
I just got the Butterfly because of the one hand fold. That played a factor in my decision as I’m using it mostly for traveling.

From what I've read online the dragonfly also has a one hand fold. How do you like the butterfly? Does it push well?

Fave

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 12:37 pm
Very well. I must say that I also have a Bee that has a bassinet (9 years old, went through 3 kids but holding up well). I purchased the butterfly to use as a car stroller as my baby is outgrowing the Doona. The butterfly has to the same smooth (even lighter) push as the Bee.

The Bugaboo’s are pricey but pay off in the long run.

amother
Mintgreen

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 12:53 pm
I'd get the butterfly for that age baby. It's a breeze for in & out of the car.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 12:56 pm
Thanks ladies!
I compared the 2 with dh and we ultimately decided to get the dragonfly. It has some more features than the butterfly and looks compact enough for our car. Just placed my order!

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 1:05 pm
OP I live in Monsey and got the dragonfly and love it. It folds with one hand push and fits flat in a full trunk.

It pushes amazing!!!

Its not a traveling carriage though, like for a plane or when very limited space in trunk is available.

I also want to get the buttefly for when I need something more compact ( or for a second stroller when I have baby and toddler)

amother
Nemesia

Post Thu, Nov 09 2023, 8:04 pm
Bumping up this thread - I hope that's OK.
OP, are you happy with your decision? What made you decide to go with the dragonfly?
I'm buying a stroller for a newborn. The only thing that's pulling me towards the dragonfly is the fact that it can be parent-facing, but I like the look of the butterfly better. The bassinet is also good to have but I likely wouldn't use it for more than 2 months.
Can some help me come to a decision?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 10:25 am
amother Nemesia wrote:
OP, are you happy with your decision? What made you decide to go with the dragonfly?
I'm buying a stroller for a newborn. The only thing that's pulling me towards the dragonfly is the fact that it can be parent-facing, but I like the look of the butterfly better. The bassinet is also good to have but I likely wouldn't use it for more than 2 months.

Hi! Yes im very happy with my decision. I love everything about this stroller. I really like that it has bigger wheels than the butterfly because I do use shortcuts often and a stroller with bigger wheels is way easier to push. Its also compact enough for us, even though the butterfly folds smaller. Were really happy with our decision

amother
Jade

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 1:54 am
amother Nemesia wrote:

Same million dollar question! Can't decide between the butterfly, dragonfly and doona? Anyone can please help ? I wanted to get the doona, but I think baby outgrows it fast! We dont own a car, but it just sou ds convenient. But on the other hand this means I will need to get another carriage. I really want something that lays fast so the baby can nap in the stroller too when I am on the streets.

LovesHashem

Post Fri, Dec 29 2023, 2:50 am
If I was buying a new stroller now I'd buy the dragonfly. I was at the mall a few days ago and saw it on display in a baby store, I played around a bit with it. I didn't know they were even available in Israel.

It really feels like its full sized strollers without all the cons. It's lightweight, more narrow, folds easily with the bassinet, has a normal amount of basket space, but it also has big wheels, has a bassinet, and isnt short or feel fragile like travel strollers do.

writinggirl

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 6:55 am
amother Jade wrote:
Same million dollar question! Can't decide between the butterfly, dragonfly and doona? Anyone can please help ? I wanted to get the doona, but I think baby outgrows it fast! We dont own a car, but it just sou ds convenient. But on the other hand this means I will need to get another carriage. I really want something that lays fast so the baby can nap in the stroller too when I am on the streets.

If you don’t own a car then why would you want a Donna? It’s a car seat. Unless you are in/out of taxis often.

amother
Glitter

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 8:10 am
writinggirl wrote:
If you don’t own a car then why would you want a Donna? It’s a car seat. Unless you are in/out of taxis often.

I have the doona even though I don't own a car. I need a car seat anyways for travel, appointments etc so this is a great option.

I also have the dragonfly and I'm very happy meanwhile although I haven't used it when traveling.

amother
Camellia

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 11:06 am
Some posters have mentioned the baby slips down even when strapped in the seat. have you had this issue?

amother
Wandflower

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 1:43 am
amother Camellia wrote:
Some posters have mentioned the baby slips down even when strapped in the seat. have you had this issue?
With which stroller is this the issue?

amother
Wandflower

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 1:45 am
My friend is now debating between the dragonfly and butterfly.
If she doesn't need the basinet. And goes in and out of cars often. Which stroller would you recommend? And are the bigger wheels on the dragonfly making a significant difference in the wheeling? Anyone tried both and can compare the wheeling?

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 1:55 am
I have both and the dragonfly has a much better push and smoother. Its also reversibe the seat and lays flat for a baby to sleep in.
The butterfly is grt too considering its a travel stroller.

amother
Wandflower

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 8:25 am
amother Natural wrote:
I have both and the dragonfly has a much better push and smoother. Its also reversibe the seat and lays flat for a baby to sleep in.
The butterfly is grt too considering its a travel stroller.
Thank you!
Her baby is a year old so she doesn;t need the reversible seat.
Does the dragonfly lay more than the butterfly?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics