Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Formula Feeding
Formula recommendations (USA), baby not happy
Previous  1  2

aweinback

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 7:12 pm
Try Nutramigen, if he is sensitive to soy and dairy you will see a difference right away.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 7:15 pm
GLUE wrote:
If you find out they are Kosher and live in Lakewood I have 3 cans.

Thanks but not sure I'll try it.
The US version is kosher, I saw that. Wondering why the EU one doesn't have any symbol (only a Muslim Hallal one).

Also, I didn't keep at the dairy formula for 3 days like I said in the op, baby was too miserable. I think he might be sensitive to dairy.
I switched back to the soy for now and added probiotics and reflux medication. He's been better today. I'm gonna see how it goes.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 7:17 pm
aweinback wrote:
Try Nutramigen, if he is sensitive to soy and dairy you will see a difference right away.

Pediatrician said to try that type next if the soy is not working for him.
I'm wondering though what's healthier in the long run? Soy or hypoallergenic?
There's so much bad stuff written about soy.

This one isn't so pricey.
https://www.target.com/p/non-g.....50107

amother
Zinnia

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 7:37 pm
My baby also had massive issues with formula from day 1. She was born right before all the formula shortages so that made everything very difficult.

I tried standard Similac. Gentle Similac. Another gentle Similac. Enfamil gentlease. Targets version of gentle formula. Walmart versions. Costco standard formula. Targets hypoallergenic formula. Basically any thing I could get my hands on. I didn't try nutramigen because it is truly not kosher and I guess I felt it wasn't bad enough to use that.

In the end, nothing really worked well. My baby has a sensitive stomach. As time went on she improved somewhat but no thanks to any formula.

scintilla

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 7:44 pm
amother OP wrote:
Pediatrician said to try that type next if the soy is not working for him.
I'm wondering though what's healthier in the long run? Soy or hypoallergenic?
There's so much bad stuff written about soy.

This one isn't so pricey.
https://www.target.com/p/non-g.....50107

Honestly they're both not great!! But if baby is doing better off dairy chances are soy will irritate them too. Neocate is much better than nutramigen kashrus wise. I believe elecare may also be an option.

amother
Snow

Post Fri, Sep 22 2023, 8:54 am
My baby is doing well on materna gentle care and regular . The gentle care just has added probiotics so helps with digestion better.

amother
Powderblue

Post Fri, Sep 22 2023, 9:19 am
There’s something called Holle or something that’s supposed to be a healthy formula
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Formula Feeding