Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
How was your Rosh Hashana
Previous  1  2

amother
Viola

Post Mon, Sep 18 2023, 4:09 am
It was really great. All of my children surprised me when they walked through the doors together. Wasn’t expecting that. We barely had enough food because I had planned for just dh and I, but BH it all worked out.

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Sep 18 2023, 5:23 am
amother Viola wrote:
It was really great. All of my children surprised me when they walked through the doors together. Wasn’t expecting that. We barely had enough food because I had planned for just dh and I, but BH it all worked out.

I'm really glad that it worked out so nicely for you. I'm just wondering how this happened? Where did you think your children were going to be?

Chayalle

Post Mon, Sep 18 2023, 5:47 am
BH we had a very nice YT, despite the fact that somehow lights got left on in my master bedroom (I shut it and went down to light...someone turned it on by mistake) and in one other bedroom! I'm grateful to have slept some anyway, the girls doubled up, and we managed. On the first night, as I said "V'shamru Bnei Yisrael Es HaShabbos" at Maariv, I asked Hashem to please let the zchus of Shmiras Shabbos with our lights on be with us for this year....

amother
Eggplant

Post Mon, Sep 18 2023, 6:01 am
The food I worked so hard to make was mostly uneaten. I have horrible pregnancy sickness and I couldn’t touch the meat. The soup was undersalted. honey was too sweet and fish tasted too fishy. Not sure what's with the meat thats been sitting in the fridge since Thursday night. After shofar blowing at my shul I accidentally left my garage keys in the shul and realized it only until I got home. Oh, and someone told me it’s better if I come with my toddlers ages 2 and 4 at 12 and not the official shofar blowing time. I was mortified. My kids behaved perfectly and were quiet the entire time.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 18 2023, 6:17 am
amother Eggplant wrote:
The food I worked so hard to make was mostly uneaten. I have horrible pregnancy sickness and I couldn’t touch the meat. The soup was undersalted. honey was too sweet and fish tasted too fishy. Not sure what's with the meat thats been sitting in the fridge since Thursday night. After shofar blowing at my shul I accidentally left my garage keys in the shul and realized it only until I got home. Oh, and someone told me it’s better if I come with my toddlers ages 2 and 4 at 12 and not the official shofar blowing time. I was mortified. My kids behaved perfectly and were quiet the entire time.

I'm so sorry it was such a difficult day. I hope you feel better today!

And I'm sorry you had to hear that from another person, that's a disgusting thing to say. Don't take it personally, your kids are allowed to be there just like she is.

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Sep 18 2023, 6:30 am
I thought it would be really hard and feel unfair to miss shul but my baby napped well and I was able to daven during naps. I wasn’t in the mood of being in shul, our shul davens very slowly, my husband was miserable.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur