Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
What to do with a honey cake...

AlwaysGrateful

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 1:37 pm
...if you don't like honey cake?

We were gifted with a honey cake. We don't really like honey cake on its own, it's very dry. What can I do with it? I don't want to throw it out...

613mitzvahgirl

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 1:39 pm
Maybe a powder sugar glaze on top. Or have it with tea- and for the kids vanilla iced cream.

6000miles

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 1:40 pm
Make a trifle

Goody2shoes

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 1:52 pm
Maybe pass it on to someone who does like honey cake?

zaq

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 3:31 pm
Give it to someone who likes it. If you dislike the taste, you won't like the taste of anything you make with it.

If you had asked what to do with a honey cake that fell apart coming out of the pan, then making a trifle, crumbling it and using as topping for another dessert, or camouflaging the damage with icing would all be viable alternatives. But not if you don't care for the cake itself.

zaq

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 3:41 pm
Now if the only problem is that the cake is dry --btw this is not typical of honey cake, which tends to be very moist and sticky thanks to the honey--then I would suggest soaking the cake in a liqueur or brandy of compatible flavor--chocolate, almond, coffee are all good choices, --and serving with a fork.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins