Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Pets
I think my cat is dying
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Junglegreen

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 2:56 pm
I'm really not a cat person, but I'm sad for you Crying

Rappel

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 3:12 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Or maybe your grandmother was a melitzas yosher, sending you the healing you need in the form of the cat.

Maybe so. I'd believe that.

I grew up with cats, but this one is unique in her motherliness. We got her from the JSPCA when I was lonely at home, raising my first baby. She's been a partner ever since.

My father in law suggested we get another cat soon, but I don't feel the need. She filled her own role in the household that another cat wouldn't.

amother
Snowflake

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 3:13 pm
I’m really sorry about your cat. I had many pets growing up and it was so hard when they died.
Just curious, what does this sentence mean?

“She always looked after my babies, and warmed them and washed them and slept with them until they got to the pulling age”

BH Yom Yom

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 3:17 pm
She sounds like such a loving, intuitive and devoted kitty.

Elfrida

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 3:25 pm
amother Snowflake wrote:

“She always looked after my babies, and warmed them and washed them and slept with them until they got to the pulling age”

It sounds like she adopted them and cared for them as her baby kittens, until the gotvold enough to experiment with pulling fur, ears and tails.

Rappel

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 3:28 pm
amother Snowflake wrote:
I’m really sorry about your cat. I had many pets growing up and it was so hard when they died.

She would sleep with them in their cribs, and keep them warm. I have pictures of her cuddling with every one of my newborns, and she would wash their hair and skin with her tongue.

At some point, usually around 10 months old, the baby would be old enough to pull on and grab her, but not old enough to understand that it hurts her, so she would stay away at that age. Once they learned to be nice with their hands, she'd come back to sleep with them.

Every night, she did her rounds to check on each of us.

There was a time whem DD was sad that she didn't have a roommate (the rest of my crew are boys, and they share a room), and I used to find the cat sleeping back-to-back with DD almost every night for those months. She was very intuitive.

Last edited by Rappel on Thu, Sep 14 2023, 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Rappel

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 3:29 pm
Elfrida wrote:
It sounds like she adopted them and cared for them as her baby kittens, until the gotvold enough to experiment with pulling fur, ears and tails.

That's it Smile

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 3:29 pm
Rappel my heart goes out to you. I'm so sorry for what you're going through. Crying

If you ever get to the point where euthanasia is the right thing to do for the cat's sake (if she is suffering too much), instead of bringing her to the vet there is a company called Lap of Love that comes to your home to do the euthanasia. They also take photos, pawprints, etc. May you not need their services. Crying

amother
Snowflake

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 3:37 pm
Rappel wrote:
She would sleep with them in their cribs, and keep them warm. I have pictures of her cuddling with every one of my newborns, and she would wash their hair and skin with her tongue.

At some point, usually around 10 months old, the baby would be old enough to pull on and grab her, but not old enough to understand that it hurts her, so she would stay away at that age. Once they learned to be nice with their hands, she'd come back to sleep with them.

Every night, she did her rounds to check on each of us.

There was a time whem DD was sad that she didn't have a roommate (the rest of my crew are boys, and they share a room), and I used to find the cat sleeping back-to-back with DD almost every night for those months. She was very intuitive.

Wow!! She sounds like an amazing cat! You’re pretty cool that you let your cat get so close to your babies. I would never let a cat wash my babies lol

Rappel

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 3:47 pm
Y'all don't have to be so sad on my behalf; I'm okay, just sad. There are people out there dealing with real problems; I'm just saying goodbye to a good little partner.

Your kind words do make me feel better though. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to share with you.

Last edited by Rappel on Thu, Sep 14 2023, 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Rappel

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 3:48 pm
amother Snowflake wrote:
Wow!! She sounds like an amazing cat! You’re pretty cool that you let your cat get so close to your babies. I would never let a cat wash my babies lol

Lol, it kind of happened naturally. We learned to trust each other over time. She would get hopping mad when I would leave my toddler by a babysitter -- like, I would leave, and she would yowl at me the whole walk home "you forgot someone!"

amother
Lightgreen

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 4:51 pm
OP, my heart breaks for you. We lost our cat on Monday and it's been rough. We took him in and he instantly bonded with us. My kids loved him so hard and he was all into cuddles and being held. Never met such a sweet cat in my life. He was a rare soul. Comforting, loving, gentle. He stopped eating last week and we took him to the vet, got him back on track but it only lasted a day before he stopped eating again. By Monday morning, he was clearly unwell and we got an appointment for the vet for that afternoon. I had to go do scans in the morning (cancer) and when I came home, he collapsed. We rushed him to the vet and it was clearly time to let him go. Hardest thing I've done in a long time. I just held him, whispering thank you for being part of our family, for loving us, for showing us companionship... and before I knew it, my sweet boy was gone. No more pain, except mine. This week has been a real struggle. Bh, my scans came back with miraculous news-cancer free! But it feels a lot like my poor boy took a shot meant for me and I'm just trying to process my grief and sadness. With time, it will get better but I just miss my little buddy. 😢

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 6:02 pm
Rappel wrote:
Maybe so. I'd believe that.

I grew up with cats, but this one is unique in her motherliness. We got her from the JSPCA when I was lonely at home, raising my first baby. She's been a partner ever since.

My father in law suggested we get another cat soon, but I don't feel the need. She filled her own role in the household that another cat wouldn't.

If it's the right time, you'll know.
You gave your kids a lovely gift with this pet, regardless.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 6:03 pm
Rappel wrote:
Y'all don't have to be so sad on my behalf; I'm okay, just sad. There are people out there dealing with real problems; I'm just saying goodbye to a good little partner.

Your kind words do make me feel better though. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to share with you.

Of course there are bigger things. But this is big to your kids and you have to help them process it. And you're entitled to feel something too.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 6:03 pm
amother Lightgreen wrote:
OP, my heart breaks for you. We lost our cat on Monday and it's been rough. We took him in and he instantly bonded with us. My kids loved him so hard and he was all into cuddles and being held. Never met such a sweet cat in my life. He was a rare soul. Comforting, loving, gentle. He stopped eating last week and we took him to the vet, got him back on track but it only lasted a day before he stopped eating again. By Monday morning, he was clearly unwell and we got an appointment for the vet for that afternoon. I had to go do scans in the morning (cancer) and when I came home, he collapsed. We rushed him to the vet and it was clearly time to let him go. Hardest thing I've done in a long time. I just held him, whispering thank you for being part of our family, for loving us, for showing us companionship... and before I knew it, my sweet boy was gone. No more pain, except mine. This week has been a real struggle. Bh, my scans came back with miraculous news-cancer free! But it feels a lot like my poor boy took a shot meant for me and I'm just trying to process my grief and sadness. With time, it will get better but I just miss my little buddy. 😢

Hugs!
BH for your scans! Feel good!

BH Yom Yom

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 6:07 pm

I’m glad your scans came back clear BH, and I’m so sorry for the loss of your beloved kitty. 😿

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 6:22 pm
Your post made me cry a little . I’m sorry .

chestnut

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 7:18 pm
Losing pets is hard. My cat died a few months ago and even though he wasn't really into cuddling, he was part of our family for 11 years Sad

Rappel

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 7:25 pm

Hugs. I'm willing to bet he did take a shot for you. Erev RH is a strange time

Rappel

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 7:32 pm
A few minutes ago, I was shocked out of a dream by knowing that her soul just left.

I went to go check her for a heartbeat, and there is none. No breath, but her body is still warm and soft.

Goodbye, little cat.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Pets