Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
What kind of stroller do I need?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 12 2023, 11:31 am
Please help me figure out what specs to look for!

Having a baby after a 10 year break iyh. First one living in the suburbs and driving, the others were city babies. Jackson, to be exact.

Plenty of in and out of a car, I do some carpools and errands, but not sending to a babysitter daily if that makes a difference. I’m a SAHM.

The only place I walk is around my neighborhood/development, and I do go walking in parks/trails fairly often.

I don’t need to be majorly on trend but I like something nice looking. I’m not young, and am very, very practical. The less pieces the better. Not looking for something huge or heavy or full size.

I might or might not get a doona, but I also want a stroller. Ideally, I don’t want to use a doona as a newborn stroller, BUT, I realize that practically that might end up happening because I’m not shlepping a bassinet stroller on errands and where else am I going ?? Need something that will work from newborn, and preferably something I can bring into the house to put baby to nap in during the day. My babies are stomach sleepers.

My fantasy is to have something mid size that wheels well but can also work as a car seat base and can also work as a newborn carriage, maybe without even a bassinet but I don’t know if that exists.

I’m also looking at travel strollers that come with bassinets, but I don’t want to be disappointed with how they wheel. Otoh, I’m seeing that past like 1 yo, most kids are just in a travel stroller regardless??

Can anyone help me out here?

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Sep 12 2023, 11:34 am
The bugaboo dragonfly seemed to me something in between a travel and regular stroller. Good wheels for walking. Haven't tried it and I don't know if it meets you other expectations

scruffy

Post Tue, Sep 12 2023, 11:36 am
Uppababy Cruz with bassinet?

amother
Pear

Post Tue, Sep 12 2023, 11:37 am
Uppababy minu can be used with the standard uppababy bassinet, wheels amazingly well & is great in & out of the car & for long walks. It fits an older toddler very well too so it's an all in 1 stroller. It takes a carseat too but the carseat + adapters were not cheap so I opted to buy a doona separately.

teachkids

Post Tue, Sep 12 2023, 11:40 am
I believe city mini and valco strollers have adapters for bassinets and carseats

imaima

Post Tue, Sep 12 2023, 11:44 am
amother OP wrote:

Having a baby after a 10 year break iyh. First one living in the suburbs and driving, the others were city babies. Jackson, to be exact.

Plenty of in and out of a car, I do some carpools and errands, but not sending to a babysitter daily if that makes a difference. I’m a SAHM.

The only place I walk is around my neighborhood/development, and I do go walking in parks/trails fairly often.

I don’t need to be majorly on trend but I like something nice looking. I’m not young, and am very, very practical. The less pieces the better. Not looking for something huge or heavy or full size.

I might or might not get a doona, but I also want a stroller. Ideally, I don’t want to use a doona as a newborn stroller, BUT, I realize that practically that might end up happening because I’m not shlepping a bassinet stroller on errands and where else am I going ?? Need something that will work from newborn, and preferably something I can bring into the house to put baby to nap in during the day. My babies are stomach sleepers.

My fantasy is to have something mid size that wheels well but can also work as a car seat base and can also work as a newborn carriage, maybe without even a bassinet but I don’t know if that exists.

I’m also looking at travel strollers that come with bassinets, but I don’t want to be disappointed with how they wheel. Otoh, I’m seeing that past like 1 yo, most kids are just in a travel stroller regardless??

The new bugaboo stroller seems to fit.

prettyinpurple

Post Tue, Sep 12 2023, 12:20 pm
Another vote for the bugaboo dragonfly.

Iymnok

Post Tue, Sep 12 2023, 12:33 pm
scruffy wrote:
Uppababy Cruz with bassinet?

I just got this and love it. It would only be a good choice if she has a big trunk. It folds easily, but it’s still kinda big.

amother
Maple

Post Tue, Sep 12 2023, 12:52 pm
Nuna triv. Bassinet is an optional add on purchase.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Sep 12 2023, 12:55 pm
amother OP wrote:

I would just get a snap n go (has a basket unlike the doona and so much cheaper) with an infant car seat for first year. For at home- Cruz uppa baby with bassinet is great

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 12 2023, 12:57 pm
amother Maple wrote:
Nuna triv. Bassinet is an optional add on purchase.
Does it need an adapter for the carseat? Is it easy/light enough to use as a carseat base? And good enough to use for walking?

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Sep 12 2023, 1:02 pm
Check out the bugaboo dragonfly… it folds with the bassinet. I think that’s amazing, also it’s super light.

motherqueen

Post Tue, Sep 12 2023, 1:07 pm
uppababy vista is amazing I didnt need a doona cuz I bought the uppababy mesa car seat for it

tichellady

Post Tue, Sep 12 2023, 1:44 pm
I like the uppababy but not for taking in and out of a car.

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Sep 12 2023, 1:53 pm
I love the Joolz aer with bassinet. I didn’t use the car seat adapters so I can’t vouch for those.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 12 2023, 2:05 pm
amother Burlywood wrote:
Check out the bugaboo dragonfly… it folds with the bassinet. I think that’s amazing, also it’s super light.
Oh does it? That would be amazing. And can it take a carseat too?
How does it wheel?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 12 2023, 2:06 pm
motherqueen wrote:
uppababy vista is amazing I didnt need a doona cuz I bought the uppababy mesa car seat for it
I had that with my other kids. Loved it but too klutzy with a car

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Sep 12 2023, 2:30 pm
amother OP wrote:
Oh does it? That would be amazing. And can it take a carseat too?
How does it wheel?

It can take a car seat that is compatible to their adapters (it’s many of the popular ones), but honestly u have to take off the bassinet/ seat, add adapters and click in car seat. Neither takes long, the seat/bassinet come off smoothly, but it’s not as smooth as a Doona.

I personally didn’t want the Doona because I don’t like the actual car seat and I went with the dragon fly. Only when the baby is sleeping do I take out the car seat, so this works perfectly for me.

It wheels pretty good, the Fox 5 has a smoother wheel, but it’s much more compact than the Fox 5. It wheels better than a Doona for sure.

I personally love that the bassinet folds, and that I don’t feel like I’m walking down the street with a huge klutz when I have the bassinet.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 12 2023, 2:57 pm
amother Burlywood wrote:
It can take a car seat that is compatible to their adapters (it’s many of the popular ones), but honestly u have to take off the bassinet/ seat, add adapters and click in car seat. Neither takes long, the seat/bassinet come off smoothly, but it’s not as smooth as a Doona.

I personally didn’t want the Doona because I don’t like the actual car seat and I went with the dragon fly. Only when the baby is sleeping do I take out the car seat, so this works perfectly for me.

It wheels pretty good, the Fox 5 has a smoother wheel, but it’s much more compact than the Fox 5. It wheels better than a Doona for sure.

I personally love that the bassinet folds, and that I don’t feel like I’m walking down the street with a huge klutz when I have the bassinet.
Thanks for this. I'm pretty tempted. It's pricey, but if I don't also have to get a doona it's not that bad.

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Sep 12 2023, 3:56 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks for this. I'm pretty tempted. It's pricey, but if I don't also have to get a doona it's not that bad.

Or do a snap n go. I love mine.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics