Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
How to avoid vaccinating my baby until school
  Previous  1  2  3 6  7  8 11  12  13  Next

Amarante

Post Tue, Sep 05 2023, 2:23 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
Number of kids in USA who die from vaccines per year, 400.

Number of kids who die per year of measles, ZERO

Number of kids who die per year of chicken pox, ZERO

Number of kids who die per year of mumps, ZERO.

Your statistics are meaningless because there is a very low rate of measles BECAUSE MOST CHILDREN ARE VACCINATED and those who aren't rely to a great extent on herd immunity so they are not exposed to measles and therefore don't get the disease.

I appreciate the irony of your citing statistics that actually prove how effective the vaccine is in terms of preventing death and serious disease. Also your claim of 400 deaths annually from the vaccine is simply wrong. I know you will go on to cite sources that are not credible because you travel in the murky dark waters of internet conspiracy theories.

But measles is a fatal disease for some who get it and even if you live there can be serious complications which may result in permanent health issues.

So how do people die of the measles? They succumb when complications become too severe. About 1 child out of every 1,000 who get measles will develop encephalitis – swelling of the brain – that can lead to convulsions, deafness or intellectual disability. As many as 1 out of every 20 children with measles will get pneumonia, which can also be deadly, the agency reports

Prior to the vaccine, measles caused approximately 450 to 500 deaths each year in the United States. Between 1985 and 1992, death from measles was reported in approximately 2 out of every 1,000 US measles cases, with pneumonia accounting for about 60% of these deaths, according to the CDC. As of 2000, measles was declared eliminated in the United States or no longer constantly present, though spot outbreaks occur. The most recent measles death in the United States occurred in 2015, according to the CDC.

What you need to know about measles as the virus spreads across the country

Before widespread use of the vaccine, measles led to more than 2 million deaths a year, according to WHO. Vaccination resulted in an 80% drop in worldwide measles deaths between 2000 and 2017. Around the globe, measles infections were responsible for 110,000 deaths in 2017, the most recent statistical year. Most of them were children under 5.

The overwhelming majority – more than 95% – of measles deaths occur in countries with low per capita incomes and weak health infrastructures, such as nations experiencing or recovering from a natural disaster or conflict. Disrupted health services, including routine vaccinations, along with overcrowding in residential camps increases the risk of infection.

#BestBubby

Post Tue, Sep 05 2023, 3:42 pm
Amarante,

Per CDC, there have been 3437 reported cases of measles in USA between 2010- 2023.

https://www.cdc.gov/measles/ca......html

ZERO CHILDREN KILLED OR INJURED.

ONE adult who was sick and no immune system died from measles. No healthy person died of measles.

amother
Geranium

Post Tue, Sep 05 2023, 3:49 pm
Measles can do damage but it's not worth the vaccine

GLUE

Post Tue, Sep 05 2023, 3:54 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
Amarante,

Per CDC, there have been 3437 reported cases of measles in USA between 2010- 2023.

ONE adult who was sick and no immune system died from measles. No healthy person died of measles.

How do you know that nobody was injured?
Deaths are reported but were are injuries reported?

#BestBubby

Post Tue, Sep 05 2023, 3:57 pm
GLUE wrote:
How do you know that nobody was injured?
Deaths are reported but were are injuries reported?

If one child was injured from measles,

It would have been headline news for weeks.

No such news story = zero injuries.

GLUE

Post Tue, Sep 05 2023, 3:59 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
If one child was injured from measles,

It would have been headline news for weeks.

No such news story = zero injuries.

I don't think you are correct, but I will leave you with your option.

Trademark

Post Tue, Sep 05 2023, 4:04 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
Amarante,

This doesn't prove your point at all.

Did you even check the link? In 2023 there were 19 cases, 2022 121 cases, 2021 49 cases, 2020 13 cases, and in 2019 1,274 cases (which is the greatest number reported since 1992). And this is in a country of 330 million. No deaths from so few cases doesn't prove anything. You can't reliably track anything based on these numbers.

Now compare that to the amount of vaccines given every year. Not even close.

And 400 deaths to the number of vaccines given? Not even a factor statistically.

#BestBubby

Post Tue, Sep 05 2023, 4:18 pm
Trademark, ZERO deaths from 3437 reported cases is significant.

Per the CDC which Amarante quoted above,

95% of measles deaths and injuries are from children in 3rd world countries. Yes, malnourished children are at risk from measles, not kids in USA.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 05 2023, 4:26 pm
And this is why I originally posted in safe heaven. I really have no interest in this being turned into a general vaccine debate

amother
Lemonlime

Post Tue, Sep 05 2023, 5:43 pm
amother OP wrote:
And this is why I originally posted in safe heaven. I really have no interest in this being turned into a general vaccine debate
A few posters told you to pm them, did you do that?

amother
Darkblue

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 9:27 pm
Ema of 5 wrote:
Did you call LI pediatrics? Message me, I will give you the name of a doctor there.

L.I. Pediatrics is known to kick out patients that do not vaccinate on their schedule, they might allow a *slight* delay but not much at all.

amother
Begonia

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 9:30 pm
amother Birch wrote:
Why do you think you know better than almost all pediatricians?

When you go to medical school, do a residency in pediatrics and then have years of experience which includes keeping in on latest research, your medical theories might have some validity.

In what basis of scientific and medical knowledge do you feel you are equipped to understand research and override every pediatrician in your area.

Deleted, didn’t realize this was an old thread.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 9:33 pm
I was bh able to find a Dr a little bit of a drive out who will let me wait. My advice to anyone is that if it’s important to you try to find likeminded people-there’s a lot of networking available out there.

Sb1234

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 9:39 pm
amother OP wrote:
I was bh able to find a Dr a little bit of a drive out who will let me wait. My advice to anyone is that if it’s important to you try to find likeminded people-there’s a lot of networking available out there.

Are you able to PM me the name of the doctor? I’m also looking.

amother
Pear

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 9:47 pm
amother OP wrote:
I’m not anti vax. I just prefer to wait until it’s time for school and it’s mandated. Problem is there are no drs in my area that allow this. Any idea how to get around this? I still want a dr for sick visits etc. I live in far rockaway is anyone is wondering but I feel like this is prob an issue with most pediatricians

Forget pediatricians and look for a family doctor that might be open to it. That's what we did.

Ahhh, just saw this is old. Glad you found someone, OP.

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 11:27 pm
I hope my kid doesn’t come in contact with all u not vaxers.

amother
Oleander

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 11:36 pm
amother Birch wrote:
Why do you think you know better than almost all pediatricians?

When you go to medical school, do a residency in pediatrics and then have years of experience which includes keeping in on latest research, your medical theories might have some validity.

In what basis of scientific and medical knowledge do you feel you are equipped to understand research and override every pediatrician in your area.

Many pediatricians do not believe in vaccinating kids. They know they'd be shut down by the health dept if they don't follow their rules.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 11:36 pm
amother Aubergine wrote:

Ok…

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 11:40 pm
amother Aubergine wrote:

If your child is vaccinated, and you truly believe vaccines work, then what’s the concern?

amother
Watermelon

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 12:03 am
I have a question to those if you that delay until 3. I didn’t yet vaccinate my baby who is a year and a half. What do you say if cv you end up in the er and they ask you if your child is up to date?
Page 7 of 13   Previous  1  2  3 6  7  8 11  12  13  Next Recent Topics