Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Baltimore- new girls school

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 12 2024, 11:12 pm
I heard that there were two girls schools potentially opening in Baltimore, one starting at 1st grade and one of them a high school. Does anyone have any info on this?

Ima03

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 10:11 am
I did not hear anything about a new elementary school, though there is a need. Bnos wants to stay small and Bais Yaakov is huge.

For the high school, I heard about it back in the fall. I don't know if it's opening for the 24/25 school year or not. There is currently no high school for Ohr chadosh girls. My understand it was meant to cater to that student body (but kids from BY, Bnos, Beth tefilla, etc are welcome). Kind of like YMC but for girls.

amother
Iris

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 7:44 pm
I really hope so. I only had boys until a few years ago and now that I have to consider girls schools I am very worried. We are yeshivish and might move to a place with a more yeshivish girls school. I know lots of girls going to by and bnos and what they are exposed to is certainly not what I would want for my daughters .

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 8:03 pm
amother Iris wrote:
I really hope so. I only had boys until a few years ago and now that I have to consider girls schools I am very worried. We are yeshivish and might move to a place with a more yeshivish girls school. I know lots of girls going to by and bnos and what they are exposed to is certainly not what I would want for my daughters .

If you need more yeshivish than bnos or BY then I’m not sure you even want to stay in Baltimore. Baltimore is yeshivish but not like the extreme you’re looking for. Curious what brought you here (if you didn’t grow up here)?

Editing to add I don’t mean to be rude when I say that. I’m on the other extreme. I wrote on the other thread about how I’m worried when my daughter teaches high school but for the opposite reason you are.

Personally I’m in Baltimore because I grew up here and have family here. The lack of a high school with the learning and values I’m looking for is a worry for me.

amother
Violet

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 8:06 pm
amother Babyblue wrote:
If you need more yeshivish than bnos or BY then I’m not sure you even want to stay in Baltimore. Baltimore is yeshivish but not like the extreme you’re looking for. Curious what brought you here (if you didn’t grow up here)?

This. And the beauty of Baltimore is that it's not so separated.

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 8:10 pm
amother Violet wrote:
This. And the beauty of Baltimore is that it's not so separated.

This is true. Aside from the school aspect even though our neighbors are more yeshivish than we are I still feel very comfortable here.

amother
Iris

Post Tue, May 14 2024, 7:15 am
amother Babyblue wrote:

Editing to add I don’t mean to be rude when I say that. I’m on the other extreme. I wrote on the other thread about how I’m worried when my daughter teaches high school but for the opposite reason you are.

Personally I’m in Baltimore because I grew up here and have family here. The lack of a high school with the learning and values I’m looking for is a worry for me.

Grew up here!

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, May 14 2024, 7:44 am
Iris-would you consider the chassidish school? I know people who are very happy with it who are completely litvish.
Also go on tours of the schools. Ask friends. Ask girls. And remember a lot can change in a few years.

amother
Cyclamen

Post Tue, May 14 2024, 12:14 pm
Quote:

Can I ask where your boys go to school? There is plenty exposer in all 3 (yes all 3) boys' schools here. None are exclusively yeshivish. I know personally know people who watch movies, have internet, etc in their homes in all 3 schools.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics