Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Would you give your child the RSV vaccine?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Would you give your child the RSV vaccine?
Yes  
 24%  [ 29 ]
No  
 50%  [ 59 ]
Probably but would discuss with doctor  
 12%  [ 15 ]
Probably not but would discuss with doctor  
 11%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 117

enjoying kids

Post Sun, Sep 03 2023, 9:38 pm
It isn't a vaccine

notshanarishona

Post Sun, Sep 03 2023, 9:40 pm
Presuming it’s less complicated than synagis, yes I would. Rsv can be pretty horrible

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Sep 03 2023, 9:42 pm
There are so many things we can do to support the body through rsv that don’t at the same time risk other aspects of our health, so probably not.

amother
Petunia

Post Sun, Sep 03 2023, 10:00 pm
I voted probably not, however I would seriously consider it. And I do limited and delayed vaccines.

RSV is not a remote or outdated threat. Babies get it often and it’s scary. And it can cause asthma.

amother
Daffodil

Post Sun, Nov 19 2023, 5:23 pm
csstb wrote:
It’s different. It’s not a vaccine. It’s monoclonal antibodies.

Is that what the covid vaccine is?

amother
Daffodil

Post Sun, Nov 19 2023, 5:23 pm
csstb wrote:
It’s different. It’s not a vaccine. It’s monoclonal antibodies.

amother
Phlox

Post Sun, Nov 19 2023, 5:27 pm
I voted yes, but I haven't really researched it but potentially once it's been around for a bit.
RSV is really scary, I had a newborn last year when a few babies died from it and I was so scared of her catching it.

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Nov 19 2023, 5:33 pm
Absolutely not

amother
Celeste

Post Sun, Nov 19 2023, 5:56 pm
I think the intended target is premature & otherwise high risk newborns. Makes sense to me. I don't think I would give to a thriving healthy baby. I didn't vote.

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Nov 19 2023, 6:00 pm
amother Blushpink wrote:
Typical pharma situation.
Create the situation. Cause fear. Magically come up with the solution.

Make our kids sick with rsv, create hype and fear and whoopi the saviors are here with a new vaccine that saves us.
(Fyi this vaccine is different than the other childhood vaccines-it has some sterilization properties)

I know this is an old-ish comment, but I really can’t let this go. You think pharma created RSV? How exactly did they do that?

amother
Bluebell

Post Sun, Nov 19 2023, 6:21 pm
I think a new vaccine is untried unproven throughout time and preys upon people’s understandable fears and concerns
Promises much but too much still unknown
Wouldn’t give it
While some things were worth it some things a turned out to have too many side effects over time and data
The last few years undermined my trust in cdc etc
So no

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Sun, Nov 19 2023, 6:42 pm
amother Petunia wrote:
I voted probably not, however I would seriously consider it. And I do limited and delayed vaccines.

RSV is not a remote or outdated threat. Babies get it often and it’s scary. And it can cause asthma.

Isn’t any currently outdated threat only outdated because of vaccines?

amother
Black

Post Sun, Nov 19 2023, 7:05 pm
notshanarishona wrote:
Presuming it’s less complicated than synagis, yes I would. Rsv can be pretty horrible

So I asked my pediatrician about this last week as we were offered to give in hospital. My pediatrician who is a careful vaxxer said yes to give. When I questioned him about it being new he said it’s just a stronger form of synegis. Given that I know many babies who were/are in picu with rsv this season, and myself was in picu twice with a child with rsv, we opted to give my baby this vaccine.

amother
Ballota

Post Sun, Nov 19 2023, 8:33 pm
It was only tested on individuals ages 60 and older. Why would I want to give it to young children whos bodies are still developing?

csstb

Post Sun, Nov 19 2023, 8:37 pm
amother Daffodil wrote:

No. The infusion treatments that people went for when they had covid were monoclonal antibodies. The covid vaccines are not monoclonal antibodies, definitionally.

amother
Junglegreen

Post Sun, Nov 19 2023, 9:00 pm
My daughter was born with a heart condition that needed surgery- we were waiting for her to gain some weight before she underwent surgery but before she was able to have surgery contracted RSV and nearly died. She bh recovered and we scheduled surgery for a short time after, she needed to recoup her strength and be totally clear of the horrible coughing before undergoing surgery.

I thank Hashem for synegis that they administered twice before her surgery date because two weeks before surgery, she came down with an awful cough - (just a cough but oh what a cough - every feeding was coming up in rivers as she fought to catch her breath) - and when they swabbed her the week before surgery at her pre-op, she tested positive for.... RSV...
and surgery was pushed for 4 more weeks....

They told me had it not been for the shots, she would've been in the other world....

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Nov 19 2023, 11:36 pm
amother Junglegreen wrote:
My daughter was born with a heart condition that needed surgery- we were waiting for her to gain some weight before she underwent surgery but before she was able to have surgery contracted RSV and nearly died. She bh recovered and we scheduled surgery for a short time after, she needed to recoup her strength and be totally clear of the horrible coughing before undergoing surgery.

I thank Hashem for synegis that they administered twice before her surgery date because two weeks before surgery, she came down with an awful cough - (just a cough but oh what a cough - every feeding was coming up in rivers as she fought to catch her breath) - and when they swabbed her the week before surgery at her pre-op, she tested positive for.... RSV...
and surgery was pushed for 4 more weeks....

They told me had it not been for the shots, she would've been in the other world....

What if - 🤯- the shots caused your child to get said cough/rsv and she wouldn’t have been in that position to begin with?
Why are people so foreign to that idea and refuse to see that maybe the timeline is a bit mixed up?
Maybe had it not been for the shots, she would not have had any complications or needed to have the surgery pushed off….

amother
Banana

Post Sun, Nov 19 2023, 11:46 pm
amother DarkMagenta wrote:
Isn’t any currently outdated threat only outdated because of vaccines?

short answer?
no, not necessarily

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Sun, Nov 19 2023, 11:51 pm
amother Banana wrote:
short answer?
no, not necessarily

Can you give some examples of diseases that disappeared on their own?

amother
Ballota

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 12:18 am
amother Cantaloupe wrote:
Can you give some examples of diseases that disappeared on their own?

Many. Polio and covid for example had the numbers for hospitalizations and people dying dropping before the vaccines were even given.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics