Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
I want to uncover because I can’t afford wigs!
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 8:44 pm
even if you did stop covering your hair, your own hair will require maintenance. that's not free either.

amother
Azalea

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 8:51 pm
amother OP wrote:
Been wearing the same wig for a decade, I already added hair and colored it but at this point it’s no longer usable. It has a huge bald spot, it’s discolored and the entire wig is disintegrating.
DH and I both work F/T plus some side jobs and we’re constantly trying to catch our tails there is no way we can squeeze in a wig purchase. I was trying to see if my SM would give me a payment plan but she was being very rigid and said If I can pay up in 3 months ($3K which is for a “cheap” processed wig, which she said is the min it will cost for blond) could do it, but I need at least a 12 month payment plan. Does anyone know of a salon in monsey that would do something like that?

Rorie and Zahava in monsey have “second chance wigs” 845-304-0155. Very good

amother
Hosta

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 9:00 pm
Charlene Aminoff does “wig of the week” which is discounted but still expensive AND she also does another wig each week that’s super super super discounted, under $500. It’s not as fancy as “wig of the week” but still beautiful

Follow her on Instagram and you can see the details.

amother
Diamond

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 9:23 pm
I don’t know if this was already suggested as I didn’t read the whole thread, but you have a couple options for payment plans without involving the sheital macher

1. Open a new credit card that has a promotion for zero interest. You can find with 12 months, 18 or even more sometimes. Then just pay off the card over that time frame. You might even find something that gives you points or cash back on top of it

2. Use affirm or something similar. Affirm let’s you get a virtual credit card to use at a store that doesn’t already work with them. Sometimes you can do interest free payments depending on how long of a plan you choose and what they offer you. I’ve used it before for 12 or 24 month payment plans on big purchases. Go to the website and see what your options are

3. If you have a chase or Amex card, you can create a payment plan on your purchase after you make it. It usually has monthly fees (in leu of interest). Amex has let me do fee free plans on my first plan of that credit card, and chase used to do it too but I think they stopped offering that in December. You can google what the typical fees are for a plan to get an idea

amother
Melon

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 9:37 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to respond, posting names and phone numbers of gemachim etc.
I have already reached out to a few and hopefully something comes of it.
For those suggesting to buy synthetics or for $100/$300 I’ve tried that but given my blond color it makes me look awful, like I’m walking around with doll hair.
I also mostly wear caps or hats wherever I can simply because my wig is hairless and looks like a bald cap but I have a family simcha in a few weeks and just the thought of me having to wear this old wig is making me sad and just want to either skip or show up in my hair.
I appreciate you all.

I just bought human hair for under $100, and my second hand 5 years ago was also human hair - $400. I totally get not wanting to go synthetic - I have done but this time around found that I couldn't do it again! I got my second hand from Red Carpet Wigs, and she was very kind.

amother
Glitter

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 9:37 pm
hi.. im a shaitel macher but not a scary one 😉 id love to help with whatever I could, cut repair etc.. maybe I have something that can work for you. Please reach out to me

amother OP wrote:
Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to respond, posting names and phone numbers of gemachim etc.
For those suggesting to buy synthetics or for $100/$300 I’ve tried that but given my blond color it makes me look awful, like I’m walking around with doll hair.
I also mostly wear caps or hats wherever I can simply because my wig is hairless and looks like a bald cap but I have a family simcha in a few weeks and just the thought of me having to wear this old wig is making me sad and just want to either skip or show up in my hair.
I appreciate you all.

married24

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 9:59 pm
Bubbles77 wrote:
Check out shaintels
https://shaintels.com/
She sells wigs at cost price as a chesed. $750-1000. I don't know if she would do a payment plan though. You'll also have to go elsewhere for cut & style - she's not a sheitelmacher. Not going to beat the price though!

What is this exactly? Never heard of it.

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 10:05 pm
Please check out Shaintels! I bought a wig from her a couple years ago and I'm soooooo happy with it! Total was about $700. She's super nice and helpful.

That should definitely be your first option.

Good luck!

married24

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 10:14 pm
amother OP wrote:
I appreciate you all.

Hi! If your wearing caps anyways, might wanna give these a try. They also have ones where the hats are attached. I lived in these last summer! Just stick it in a braid or pony, and it looks perfect! There's a company called the vacay wig which sells these exact wigs for like 80 dollars. Idk why noones caught on to that lol

amother
Hunter

Post Fri, Aug 18 2023, 4:36 pm
amother OP wrote:
I looked at some but they are all over $1000 and I can’t even afford to put that down at the moment.

You definitely can find a good wig for less than $1000. You have to try Mazette Wigs. She has amazing quality for the prices, even more amazing customer service, and will work with you financially if needed.

Sammy375

Post Sat, Aug 26 2023, 7:50 pm
Are you on FB? Try this group.
https://www.facebook.com/group.....SMWBT
It's called Wigs you wish you own but you can't afford.
It's run by a woman based in London. She is amazing. She helps so many women order wigs from China. I have not seen any prices reach $1000. Most wigs seem to need some work, not a massive amount. I know she has a fund for financial aid.
Good luck!

amother
Silver

Post Sat, Aug 26 2023, 8:49 pm
amother Hunter wrote:
You definitely can find a good wig for less than $1000. You have to try Mazette Wigs. She has amazing quality for the prices, even more amazing customer service, and will work with you financially if needed.

Where can I find Mazette Wigs in Brooklyn?

amother
Grape

Post Sat, Aug 26 2023, 9:40 pm
I mean…so wear tichels then. I don’t own a sheitel.

Eastern

Post Sun, Aug 27 2023, 12:08 am
amother Silver wrote:
Where can I find Mazette Wigs in Brooklyn?

Mazette Wigs currently only has a store in Monsey, but does very in-depth video call appointments and mail orders, with an option to try on by mail.

Emuna360

Post Mon, Aug 28 2023, 10:22 pm
You just want to uncover your hair. There's excellent wigs for $1,000. There's wigs you can get that are fake but look beautiful for $150 and there's wig gemachs. Move to a cheaper house. Stop keeping up with the Schwartz's. Give me a break

amother
DarkOrange

Post Sat, Sep 02 2023, 9:48 pm
I'm not sure where you're located but galit azar un lakewood are gorgeous second hand wigs. Also Marina Germazian in Riverdale sells gorgeous new shaitels for $500-$800 and mails them if ppl can't come down. Let me know if you want more info

amother
Tulip

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 11:50 am
amother DarkOrange wrote:
I'm not sure where you're located but galit azar un lakewood are gorgeous second hand wigs. Also Marina Germazian in Riverdale sells gorgeous new shaitels for $500-$800 and mails them if ppl can't come down. Let me know if you want more info

Any info on marina germazian can’t find anywhere

amother
NeonYellow

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 12:05 pm
amother Tulip wrote:
Any info on marina germazian can’t find anywhere

I would love this info as well.
Thank you

amother
Lightgreen

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 12:09 pm
Bubbles77 wrote:
Check out shaintels
https://shaintels.com/
She sells wigs at cost price as a chesed. $750-1000. I don't know if she would do a payment plan though. You'll also have to go elsewhere for cut & style - she's not a sheitelmacher. Not going to beat the price though!

I went here last week and she has some nice wigs for $500 because she wants to get rid of them. She even has some for $300 but not as nice

wanttobehappy

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 12:23 pm
So sorry.. that’s all I will say. It’s so hard to work full time and still not be able to splurge. There are some trade/swap/ buy/ sell wig groups on FB. 1 (516) 668-6318 Is a wig gemach in woodmare
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels