Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
I want to uncover because I can’t afford wigs!
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Gladiolus

Post Fri, Aug 11 2023, 6:50 am
I know of a SM who sells beautiful non processed wigs way cheaper and will do payment plans. But she doesn’t live in monsey so you would have to do phone/video calls and she’d ship it to you. If you’re interested I’ll post her number.

amother
DarkGreen

Post Fri, Aug 11 2023, 10:58 am
I paid $555 for a wig from this company https://evermagicwigs.en.aliba.....mpany two years ago and it's still holding up well b"H. It is slightly thinner than my Irene but it's beautiful and does the job.

amother
Brickred

Post Fri, Aug 11 2023, 11:50 am
Sheitels
NYC

Brooklyn Sheitel Gemach
To donate a new or used sheitel in good condition.
Call: (718) 377-8227 (Flatbush)

Sheitel Gemach
If you need a sheitel or if you have an old sheitel that you are no longer wearing and would like to donate it to someone who can’t afford one. $36 donation.
Call: (917) 301-7728 (Kew Gardens Hills)

Sheitel Gemach
Wash and sets and repairs for half-price.
Call: (718) 256-0979

Sheitel Gemach
Give away your sheital in good condition.
Call: (347) 366-2187

--------------------
Five Towns and Far Rockaway
Wigs - Yad Nechama Mindel
Call: (347) 408-8354 or (917) 482-7294

WIG GEMACH Everyone in our community deserves to look great!
Donate used wigs and make a world of a difference.
For appointments to see wigs or to donate Call Deena 845-304-6668
-----------------------
Monsey
Shaitel Gemach
Call: (845) 356-5167

Shaitel Gemach
To donate or receive.
Call: (845) 362-2349

----------------------------
Lakewood (732)

Shaitels

367-2203/364-3034/364-2325/267-4551

amother
Mocha

Post Fri, Aug 11 2023, 1:04 pm
I have the same issue. I live out of town, do these gemach help people in the midwest?

Cheiny

Post Fri, Aug 11 2023, 2:01 pm
amother OP wrote:
Been wearing the same wig for a decade, I already added hair and colored it but at this point it’s no longer usable. It has a huge bald spot, it’s discolored and the entire wig is disintegrating.
DH and I both work F/T plus some side jobs and we’re constantly trying to catch our tails there is no way we can squeeze in a wig purchase. I was trying to see if my SM would give me a payment plan but she was being very rigid and said If I can pay up in 3 months ($3K which is for a “cheap” processed wig, which she said is the min it will cost for blond) could do it, but I need at least a 12 month payment plan. Does anyone know of a salon in monsey that would do something like that?

I hope you’re not really considering uncovering when there are so many doable options.

Leahh

Post Fri, Aug 11 2023, 2:09 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thank you, I am a bit anxious to PM, are you a SM?

No but I have a way to help. I can't post details publicly

amother
Mocha

Post Fri, Aug 11 2023, 3:42 pm
Leahh wrote:
No but I have a way to help. I can't post details publicly

I pmed you. Thank you.

amother
DarkCyan

Post Fri, Aug 11 2023, 4:55 pm
There are so many free wig gemachs. Where are u located?

amother
Papayawhip

Post Fri, Aug 11 2023, 5:54 pm
amother DarkCyan wrote:
There are so many free wig gemachs. Where are u located?

Any in Brooklyn?

amother
RosePink

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 4:35 am
amother Papayawhip wrote:
Any in Brooklyn?

There's a number for Flatbush posted above

amother
Banana

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 7:30 am
amother Mocha wrote:
I have the same issue. I live out of town, do these gemach help people in the midwest?

If you live in Cleveland, there's a gemach in Cleveland with free lightly used sheitels ... Not many sheitels, but maybe something that will work

amother
Melon

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 9:27 am
I just bought a wig for less than $100. The previous wig was secondhand - $400. The first two I bought before I was married were between $100 and $150. Maybe you just need to look in a more reasonable price range.

amother
Heather

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 9:30 am
I buy synthetics and wear mostly tichels. Especially for the summer. I haven't bought anything real in 5 years and it was second hand short so I paid 500. I dont like the current look (lace front) AT ALL. Forget halacha for a second, I don't like the look.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 10:00 am
amother Turquoise wrote:
Op I can zelle u some money for a new sheital

This touched me to no end! I reached out to one of the gemachs someone posted on here if I have no luck I will PM you if your offer still stands.
Thank you!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 10:04 am
Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to respond, posting names and phone numbers of gemachim etc.
I have already reached out to a few and hopefully something comes of it.
For those suggesting to buy synthetics or for $100/$300 I’ve tried that but given my blond color it makes me look awful, like I’m walking around with doll hair.
I also mostly wear caps or hats wherever I can simply because my wig is hairless and looks like a bald cap but I have a family simcha in a few weeks and just the thought of me having to wear this old wig is making me sad and just want to either skip or show up in my hair.
I appreciate you all.

amother
Tuberose

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 11:27 am
There are lots of synthetic wigs (try Paula Young, Beauty Trends, The Wig Company) that are very inexpensive and beautiful. Some are $20 or $30. They don't have to look like "doll hair." I've never believed in spending thousands for a sheitel.

amother
DarkGreen

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 7:57 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to respond, posting names and phone numbers of gemachim etc.
I have already reached out to a few and hopefully something comes of it.
For those suggesting to buy synthetics or for $100/$300 I’ve tried that but given my blond color it makes me look awful, like I’m walking around with doll hair.
I also mostly wear caps or hats wherever I can simply because my wig is hairless and looks like a bald cap but I have a family simcha in a few weeks and just the thought of me having to wear this old wig is making me sad and just want to either skip or show up in my hair.
I appreciate you all.

The company I bought from dyes hair to any color. True it's not as long lasting as natural blonde but if you give it in to retone every now and then it should be ok. They show you videos of the wig in natural lighting. It would still run you around $750 after considering the cost of getting it cut locally (and not by an expensive place) but it's more doable than most local options unless you happen to find one that's good for you at a local gemach or wig consignment. Which area are you located in?

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 8:01 pm
Contact a gemach

AR97

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 7:49 pm
[quote= yes her wigs are great!!! amother Canary"]+86 159 6426 4679
ViVi platinum

A sheitel distributor in China. $1000 for basically any sheitel and they look amazing. I’ll be buying my next from them. Highly recommend WhatsApp them and telling them what you want and following their WhatsApp.

Chloe wigs are Israeli and are about $1500

Styleswigsbyshira also does sale all over for about $1000[/quote]
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels