Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Need Chicken Cutlet Recipe
Previous  1  2

BeershevaBubby

Post Tue, Jul 22 2008, 1:40 pm
rachel19977 wrote:
I wish I knew where to get duck sauce in Israel!

See the duck sauce thread on how to make your own.

You can also get Gold's duck sauce at Chofetz Chaim on Agripass St. in Jerusalem.

BeershevaBubby

Post Tue, Jul 22 2008, 1:41 pm
Here is something I made for this past Shabbat... it came out FANTASTIC!

Quinoa-stuffed Chicken Breasts

Ingredients:
1 cup quinoa, cooked in 1 1/4 cup water with salt, pepper and dill
3 whole chicken breasts, deboned, cut in half, center gristle removed
Home-made duck sauce (see the duck sauce thread for my recipe)
Paprika, garlic powder, black pepper

How to assemble:
Slice open the meaty part of the chicken breast and place about a table spoon of quinoa on the chicken. Close and roll, place in a lightly greased pan.

When all the chicken is in the pan, sprinkle with paprika, garlic powder and black pepper. Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees, covered. Uncover, pour duck sauce over the chiken and bake for 15 more minutes, uncovered.

Serve with remaining quinoa.

Lady Godiva

Post Tue, Jul 22 2008, 1:44 pm
Twizzlers wrote:
that doesnt include breading or grilling.

I know I'm being difficult, but my diet doesnt allow breading and whenever I grill it, somehow it gets wayyyy too dry.

TIA

Bake it with olive oil, fresh grated garlic (a lot of it), lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper...delicious.

DefyGravity

Post Tue, Jul 22 2008, 1:46 pm
I like the Tomato Basil Chicken from KBD Short on Time.

rachel19977

Post Tue, Jul 22 2008, 3:04 pm
YESHASettler wrote:
rachel19977 wrote:
I wish I knew where to get duck sauce in Israel!

See the duck sauce thread on how to make your own.

You can also get Gold's duck sauce at Chofetz Chaim on Agripass St. in Jerusalem.

Hmmm that's too far away from Rehovot! Darn. Will look for that thread...

I saw your other post, do kids like quinoa? Is it worth the purchase?

BeershevaBubby

Post Tue, Jul 22 2008, 3:06 pm
rachel19977 wrote:
Hmmm that's too far away from Rehovot! Darn. Will look for that thread...

I saw your other post, do kids like quinoa? Is it worth the purchase?

My kids love quinoa. I make a tabouli with it on Pesach too.

MOE

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 10:05 pm
simplest way.....take a pot of boiling water cover it with a plate put the chicken breast on plate (dont forget to spice)cover the chicken with an equal size plate as the bottom....takes maybe 20 minutes.

2) pan sear chicken breast both sides in olive oil....finnish in oven at 350 for 10 - 12 minutes

3) butterfly chicken breast put fave spice rub I like paprika,garlic,onion,cumin, all spice tumeric etc etc .....roll in parchment paper kind of like a jelly roll twist the ends tight, wrap that in tinfoil cook in oven 350 maybe 20 minutes u have to feel the outside if there is no give when you squeeze it...its done

4 I have so many if you want more let me know I have one that I use when you smoke the breast

lovmyboys

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 4:47 pm
greeneyes wrote:

Would you be interested in cutting up the chicken into a salad? I have a recipe for romaine salad with sliced chicken and craisins. The chicken is marinated in a sweet sauce, & then baked, and it's actually really good by itself too. I've posted that recipe before, so if you want that recipe, let me know, & I'll try to find it for you.

Can you post this recipe please?

Another good recipe for cutlets:

1 diced onion
1 scoop pre-minced garlic (about 4 cloves fresh minced garlic)
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup water
1 cup ketchup
handful sesame seeds
eggs and flour
6 chicken breasts (if they're really thick, pound them a little but not super thin)

Dip chicken breast in beaten egg, then flour. REPEAT. (yes, really). Bake covered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Boil remaning ingredients on stove top. Pour over chicken. Bake uncovered 25 minutes more.

greeneyes

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 3:21 pm
Here you go, lovmyboys.

Grilled Chicken Breast Salad

Marinate chicken breasts:
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup soy sauce
4 T. brown sugar
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/4 cup ketchup

Cut each chicken cutlet into 3 or 4 strips. Combine above ingredients & pour over chicken cutlets. Refrigerate several hours or overnight, if you have the time. Grill or bake chicken breasts (I always bake them, covered with aluminum foil, at 350 degrees for about 1/2 hour-40 minutes. I bake them in the marinade.) When the chicken is cool, cut into strips.

Salad Dressing:
1/2 cup low fat mayo
1 tsp. garlic powder
few shakes black pepper
3-4 T. water

Salad:
romaine lettuce
craisins
grape tomatoes

Mix salad with dressing and top with the chicken.

lovmyboys

Post Thu, Sep 11 2008, 7:32 am
Thanks greeneyes I just put the chicken cutlets in the marinade were going to have this tonight Very Happy

greeneyes

Post Thu, Sep 11 2008, 4:37 pm
Hope you like it! Very Happy

lovmyboys

Post Mon, Sep 22 2008, 2:01 pm
greeneyes wrote:
Hope you like it! Very Happy

Just wanted to let you know that I made this again tonight, we LOVE it- dh asks me to make it every night LOL Thanks so much!

Beauty and the Beast

Post Mon, Sep 22 2008, 2:09 pm
I made baked sesame chicken cutlets tonight. I have lately converted all my pan recipes to oven recipes and make my chicken cutlets in the oven so there is nothing to clean up afterwards..
I spiced the chicken, poured ketchup, brown sugar, and crushed garlic and mixed it all together, added frozen brocolli, and baked... easy shmeasy!!

greeneyes

Post Mon, Sep 22 2008, 2:11 pm
So glad you like it, lovmyboys! Very Happy

debsters1101

Post Thu, Jul 01 2010, 9:57 pm
I'm going to make that salad as a second main course for my overflowing shabbos table this week. thanks greeneyes!

greeneyes

Post Fri, Jul 02 2010, 12:26 am
debsters1101 wrote:
I'm going to make that salad as a second main course for my overflowing shabbos table this week. thanks greeneyes!

Enjoy! Smile

lizard8

Post Sun, Jul 04 2010, 2:43 pm
The stores that sell american products have duck sauce.

I also had a problem of chicken drying out when cooking with sauce or spices. I learned to make foil packets, a new trick that really helps the moisture stay inside.
for each 2 pieces of chicken, place in the center of a large piece of foil. Sauce/spice as needed. Make a packet with the foil by folding over the edges towards the center. Put packets in a pan (just in case it leaks) and cook as usual.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey