Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Has anyone tried the Cookie Diet?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 7:41 pm
You eat 9 cookies a day and one meal.
The cookies are meant to quell your hunger, are kosher parve and supposedly very tasty.
Sounds like a fun diet. Has anyone tried it?

Dr. Seigel's cookies diet.

amother
Eggplant

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 7:46 pm
Is this a joke?

The purpose of weight loss/diet should be to have a healthier lifestyle. Eating 9 cookies a day and one meal sounds awfully unhealthy.

hodeez

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 7:46 pm
You mkae the cookies or buy them?
Either way sounds like unsustainable nonsense.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 7:55 pm
From what I read:
It was developed by a doctor. It has been around for 40 years. Reviews show it works and is sustainable.
The cookies have protien in them and other nutrients.
(It's basically calories in calories out, I think. )

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 7:57 pm
From the website:

Created by renowned physician, author, and weight-loss expert Dr. Sanford Siegal, Dr. Siegal’s COOKIE DIET is a proven, three-step plan that has helped more than a half million people lose weight since 1975. It’s a safe, fast, and affordable approach to weight loss and weight maintenance that hundreds of doctors throughout North America have used to help their patients lose weight. The cookies are all-natural, Kosher, and vegetarian, and people find them very tasty.

Dr. Siegal’s time-tested concept is simple: Stick to a diet of 1,000 to 1,200 calories a day, of which about 500 come from Dr. Siegal’s COOKIE DIET hunger-controlling snacks and 500 to 700 from a generous meal. On 1,000 to 1,200 calories, everyone loses weight. There are no failures at that caloric level.

hodeez

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 7:59 pm
So do that amount of calories with any other food, why davka these cookies?

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 8:00 pm
amother Eggplant wrote:
Is this a joke?

The purpose of weight loss/diet should be to have a healthier lifestyle. Eating 9 cookies a day and one meal sounds awfully unhealthy.

Depends what the cookies are made of; there are cookies and there are cookies.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 8:08 pm
I've been reading reviews and people seem to really like it.
I think I would get bored after a month, but I would try it for one month...

amother
Pink

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 8:10 pm
I got super excited about the title of this thread. Now this is a site I can do crinkle cookies sugar cookies and chocolate chip cookies all day sounds good to me Tongue Out Tongue Out Tongue Out

amother
Oldlace

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 8:11 pm
Sounds kinda like the 3 day diet that was all the rage when I was in sem, anyone remember that one (nobody survived the 3 days without cheating).

I know nothing about this diet but reminds me of Optavia which is IMO a huge marketing scam. The premise of weight loss diets are, essentially, less caloric intake. These diets make you buy expensive food options that benefit the creator of the diet.

ahappygirl12

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 11:16 pm
Just came across this post but I did it. Years ago. The cookies are delicious (and very nutritious of course) I ate between 4-5 a day I was pretty full I couldn't imagine eating 9. But on the days I worked out I may have had 6 or 7 and then always a healthy home cooked meal for dinner.

I lost 35lbs in 4.5 months. 4 years later I have maintained my weight even through pregnancy/ post partum I actually still buy the cookies to eat as a healthy snack or to satisfy a sweet tooth.

I highly recommend it.

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 11:19 pm
ahappygirl12 wrote:
Just came across this post but I did it. Years ago. The cookies are delicious (and very nutritious of course) I ate between 4-5 a day I was pretty full I couldn't imagine eating 9. But on the days I worked out I may have had 6 or 7 and then always a healthy home cooked meal for dinner.

I lost 35lbs in 4.5 months. 4 years later I have maintained my weight even through pregnancy/ post partum I actually still buy the cookies to eat as a healthy snack or to satisfy a sweet tooth.

I highly recommend it.

So interesting!
Do the cookies have sugar in them?

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 11:24 pm
Probably, like all diets, most people gain back all the weight afterwards plus change. It's very unusual to keep weight off long-term from a single short-term diet.

ahappygirl12

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 11:26 pm
amother Plum wrote:
So interesting!
Do the cookies have sugar in them?

Very little I believe I can't remember exactly how much and I don't think it's added sugar

amother
Narcissus

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 11:30 pm
It’s a fad diet, like any other

The secret to weight loss isn’t just losing, but mainly keeping it off. And the only way to do that is to make permanent lifestyle changes that are healthy

The reason it’s called yo-yo dieting is because the second you stop, you gain it all back

If you really want to lose weight then you need to start exercising, eating healthier and smarter. It won’t be as quick and will take a lot more work, but it will be the only effective solution

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 11:38 pm
I would love to try it. Any info on kosher hechsher?

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 12:33 am
How many calories per day is it? If it's low, then stay FAR AWAY. You'll kill your metabolism and make your weight struggles worse in the long term.

Either way it doesn't sound healthy. It sounds like the slim fast diet.

amother
Burntblack

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 1:36 am
Years ago my weight crept up I found myself with an extra 50 Ibs . lost it all by consuming a pastry for lunch and dinner. was calories in calories out same idea as the cookie diet. Been maintaining the weight loss through pregnancies too
I've since changed my eating habits cutting out most processed foods

ahappygirl12

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 4:18 am
amother Taupe wrote:
How many calories per day is it? If it's low, then stay FAR AWAY. You'll kill your metabolism and make your weight struggles worse in the long term.

Either way it doesn't sound healthy. It sounds like the slim fast diet.

It ends up being 1200-1400 depending on how many cookies you eat and how much is in your meal. Not really restrictive.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise