Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Project manager.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 6:49 pm
Has anyone worked as a project manager while at home with a baby? Pros, cons? And what are the details of being a project manager? I know the basics, following up/checking in that people stay on task. What else? Is it hard? I'd have on the job training, working remote.

TIA.

amother
Oldlace

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 7:23 pm
I’m a project manager. I work in an office and the days I have to work from home are very hard. It’s hard to do any job with a baby honestly other than babysitting

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 7:24 pm
amother Oldlace wrote:
I’m a project manager. I work in an office and the days I have to work from home are very hard. It’s hard to do any job with a baby honestly other than babysitting

Thank you for your feedback! Very helpful! Smile

amother
Oldlace

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 7:25 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thank you for your feedback! Very helpful! Smile

Sure. If your baby is easy and very little it may doable for a few months. Hatzlocha

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 7:27 pm
amother Oldlace wrote:
Sure. If your baby is easy and very little it may doable for a few months. Hatzlocha

I have a 2 month old. As long as she sees me,or is being held, she's ok... but I have no experience in this field. Not sure I should even apply.

amother
Poppy

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 7:40 pm
amother OP wrote:
I have a 2 month old. As long as she sees me,or is being held, she's ok... but I have no experience in this field. Not sure I should even apply.

How can you start as a manager if you have no experience in the field? Plus being remote with a baby with you sounds like it wouldn’t work so well.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 7:55 pm
amother Poppy wrote:
How can you start as a manager if you have no experience in the field? Plus being remote with a baby with you sounds like it wouldn’t work so well.

I had made a post in a community chat, asking if anyone knew of a remote job available. Someone responded that their team was looking for a project manager.

I responded that since I have no experience/degree in that field it unfortunately wouldn't be for me. He insisted that I apply anyways, saying they would train me and that I should up sale my qualities.

I also think its strange, which is why I'm here asking if a)it's possible with a baby,
And b) (most importantly) what is needed for the job.

Thank you for your response. I will not be applying.

amother
Clear

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 7:59 pm
It’s hard but doable to work with a baby from home. I did it with my baby from 4 months to 10 months.

No harm in trying really.

A two month old is really tiny though. Maybe try at three or four months. My baby got a lot easier once he finished the fourth trimester.

amother
Oldlace

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 8:08 pm
amother OP wrote:
I had made a post in a community chat, asking if anyone knew of a remote job available. Someone responded that their team was looking for a project manager.

I responded that since I have no experience/degree in that field it unfortunately wouldn't be for me. He insisted that I apply anyways, saying they would train me and that I should up sale my qualities.

I also think its strange, which is why I'm here asking if a)it's possible with a baby,

I agree with this. All that’s needed is working computer knowledge , and general communication skills. I have faith in you.

The one question I have is if it’ll work with a baby.

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 8:10 pm
amother OP wrote:

Does he know your working with a baby?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 8:13 pm
amother Aubergine wrote:
Does he know your working with a baby?

Yup. I said. Didn't say the age tho. So maybe that's it.?

amother
NeonOrange

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 8:40 pm
If you're not applying, would you share a bit more about the position, hours, and salary range?

amother
Butterscotch

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 8:58 pm
Regarding working with an infant - it really depends on whether you would have complete flexibility or you will be on phone calls or in meetings as part of the job duties.

The reason is that even if your baby is very placid, it would be very difficult if you had to be on a phone call or in a zoom meeting and the baby needed immediate attention.

My friend had a job as a reader and so was able to keep her baby with her because she didn't have to interact with anyone on a schedule as her duties were to read the material and then write a short report.

HonesttoGod

Post Wed, Aug 02 2023, 12:49 am
Project manager for what?
You need to be super organized, work well under pressure, manage multiple things at the same time without getting flustered or forgetting things.
Many companies use specific managerial programs that you may have to learn to use.

I work in a similar kind of field and I find it very hard to work from home with a baby. Practically impossible because I have to make so many phone calls and join meetings and answer emails etc and the baby will always need me at a random time. It’s not easy to work any job at home with a baby.

amother
Junglegreen

Post Wed, Aug 02 2023, 1:19 am
have you every Tried working with a baby around or is this your first?

I do it but it’s not easy and my employer is incredibly accommodating and gives me as much flexibility as I need, and he knows I pull my weight when needed.

I’m limited to phone calls to when my baby is sleeping. Once the nap is over for the day all phone calls get pushed to the next day…

I would find out the scope of the job. Sometimes they make up a title but it’s just a glorified secretary/admin assistant
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers