Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Bassinet strollers are sooo expensive!
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 8:02 pm
Story wrote:
Agree abt checking offerup. For example:

https://offerup.com/item/detai.....oller

Uppababy Vista with a million accessories for $100.

I got my great quality jogging stroller on offerup for $100. Non Jews have like 1 kid and then sell Smile

Not exactly, read the description...

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 8:08 pm
Post on chats that you are looking for a bassinet stroller second hand or for free.
Mockingbird is supposed to be good.
Is this your first baby? I’m wondering why you don’t own a stroller yet.
Get a cheap stand bassinet from Amazon for your room for like $125 and then you have $250 for a regular discount stroller like graco or similar.

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 8:32 pm
OP where are you located? I know of a really good used option that is location dependent

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 9:16 pm
Hi,
Bshaa tova on your new baby coming!
I completely agree that a bassinet is a necessity for a newborn. My babies spent so much time in my Bugaboo cameleon - slept overnight, napped, outside in the afternoon, rocked to sleep for naps. Bassinet vs a carseat/doona (don't mean to open a can of worms here lol) a bassinet wins health wise hands down.
I'm selling my used but good condition bugaboo for $250 if you're interested. Brakes don't work anymore, new fabric, rain cover, bug cover.

amother
Yarrow

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 9:37 pm
amother Lemon wrote:
Hi,
Bshaa tova on your new baby coming!
I completely agree that a bassinet is a necessity for a newborn. My babies spent so much time in my Bugaboo cameleon - slept overnight, napped, outside in the afternoon, rocked to sleep for naps. Bassinet vs a carseat/doona (don't mean to open a can of worms here lol) a bassinet wins health wise hands down.
I'm selling my used but good condition bugaboo for $250 if you're interested. Brakes don't work anymore, new fabric, rain cover, bug cover.

Highly dangerous. Unless it’s fixable and gets fixed the carriage is useless.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 10:10 pm
OP here, thank you for all the replies!

I looked into the mompush and it looks like it may work - for those who recommended, can you tell me which model? I see a few.

I did look into second hand strollers, but the expensive brands are still quite expensive even when sold second hand, unless they are really used and not in the best condition. I found an Uppababy used for $350, but I don't want to put my new baby in a stroller that feels old and unclean.

And to answer some questions: I live in Lakewood and this isn't my first baby. My old bassinet stroller is falling apart and not in good condition. Also, after reading about the safety of putting a baby to sleep in a bassinet, I realized I could use my pack n play for nighttime sleeping.

I am wondering though, for those who say you can't compare the quality of the expensive strollers - do you find that it really lasted you for several babies and paid off? I feel like after a while of heavy daily use, any stroller starts to look and feel gross (the amount of spit up...) regardless of how good the actual stroller quality is, no?

amother
Blushpink

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 10:12 pm
amother OP wrote:

I looked into the mompush and it looks like it may work - for those who recommended, can you tell me which model? I see a few.

I did look into second hand strollers, but the expensive brands are still quite expensive even when sold second hand, unless they are really used and not in the best condition. I found an Uppababy used for $350, but I don't want to put my new baby in a stroller that feels old and unclean.

And to answer some questions: I live in Lakewood and this isn't my first baby. My old bassinet stroller is falling apart and not in good condition. Also, after reading about the safety of putting a baby to sleep in a bassinet, I realized I could use my pack n play for nighttime sleeping.

I am wondering though, for those who say you can't compare the quality of the expensive strollers - do you find that it really lasted you for several babies and paid off? I feel like after a while of heavy daily use, any stroller starts to look and feel gross (the amount of spit up...) regardless of how good the actual stroller quality is, no?

You live in Lakewood. Did you look at bugaboos for less. I'm not sure what their price point is. But they refurbish used strollers so they look really nice and fresh.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 10:12 pm
tichellady wrote:
why would you keep a newborn in a bassinet all day? newborns need to be held and touched

This made me smile. Halevai my baby should be such an angel. Trust me, I'm sure I'll be holding this baby plenty.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 10:27 pm
amother Blushpink wrote:
You live in Lakewood. Did you look at bugaboos for less. I'm not sure what their price point is. But they refurbish used strollers so they look really nice and fresh.

Smart. Tho I'm pretty sure they still won't be cheap.

amother
Jean

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 11:55 pm
I got a stunning used bugaboo for $500 from yad shniya WhatsApp group. They keep posting great deals. The expensive carriages wash very well. Also for babies I use the pack n play with bassinet insert so baby isn’t so low down together with a mattress, both together should be around $100.

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Aug 02 2023, 10:00 am
@OP

Not sure if you saw my previous post about selling my bugaboo for $250. I'm amother lemon above.

@poster who said that a carriage without brakes is dangerous, I'll have to disagree.

And OP one more thing. If you invest in a new bugaboo you can't compare the quality and how long it will last to other strollers.

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Aug 02 2023, 10:11 am
amother Lemon wrote:
@OP

Not sure if you saw my previous post about selling my bugaboo for $250. I'm amother lemon above.

@poster who said that a carriage without brakes is dangerous, I'll have to disagree.

And OP one more thing. If you invest in a new bugaboo you can't compare the quality and how long it will last to other strollers.
you

Of course a carriage without brakes is dangerous.

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Aug 02 2023, 10:13 am
amother OP wrote:

You should be washing the stroller regularly, new or used.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 02 2023, 10:15 am
Thank you amother Lemon, I really appreciate it. I don't want to buy something broken so I'm going to pass.

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Aug 02 2023, 10:26 am
I have an uppababy Cruz ( the uppababy bassinet is approved for sleep while attached to the carriage UNLIKE the bugaboo, where you have to attach the bassinet to a stand for it to be approved for overnight sleep.)
Anyhow, up to kid #3 bh with it and it looks new. I got the Cruz and bassinet brand new on sale for like $600 I think .
A good quality stroller really lasts.

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Aug 02 2023, 10:28 am
amother Lemon wrote:

How could you possibly think it’s not dangerous? Explain your logic please. There are going to be situations in which the carriage is near a road or an incline and the mother can’t hold onto it because she’s doing something else for a minute. The breaks need to be engaged in moments like those.

It’s very upsetting to think a first time mom or some other naive mom could buy it and put their baby at a higher risk. Please stop selling it and trash it.

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Aug 02 2023, 10:30 am
amother Rose wrote:
How could you possibly think it’s not dangerous? Explain your logic please. There are going to be situations in which the carriage is near a road or an incline and the mother can’t hold onto it because she’s doing something else for a minute. The breaks need to be engaged in moments like those

It’s very upsetting to think a first time mom or some other naive mom could buy it and put their baby at a higher risk. Please stop selling it and trash it.

Fix the brake and then sell it. Or the person who buys it needs to fix the brake. Call bugaboo and ask them

scintilla

Post Wed, Aug 02 2023, 10:36 am
OP for sure the bugaboos and uppababys wash very nicely, I recently washed mine and it looks brand new. You can replace the leather or foam by the handle for very cheap also and it will look almost brand new.

I do feel that the more expensive ones last really well, I've used my bugaboo for several children and it's still in excellent condition. And I use it every day.

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Aug 02 2023, 11:02 pm
amother OP wrote:

Hi, I posted that I have the mompush, here's the link of the one I own https://www.amazon.com/dp/B084.....ss_tl

I bought it for baby #7, didn't feel like spending $7-800 on a stroller at that point. I never owned a bassinet stroller and needed a stroller in general. I am so happy I got it. Its strong! my 3 yr old sits in the basket at it serves as my double sometimes! they climb up the sides and it doesn't tip. I've actually put it side by side with my sil's uppababy and this bassinett is def bigger and overrall there's no diff btw the 2 besides some cosmetics with the hood etc, but it tilts all the ways - on the amazon link there's a you tube videos, and I found them very helpful about getting an idea of all the perks of the stroller. I actually spoke to mompush direct and they gave me a discount to order straight from them. My baby is now 2 and its still in perfect condition. He slept in it the first 7 months of his life. He'd fall asleep and then I'd lift the bassinnett out of the stroller bring it upstairs and place on the floor next to my bed. The mattress comes with an easy to remove tight pillowcase style sheet that folds into itself that's easy to wash and I was never scared for his safety. I use this stroller very heavily. I Travel with it. Even with spit up, spills and crumbs I've been able to vaccuum and shpritz/wipe it clean.

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Aug 02 2023, 11:10 pm
amother Lilac wrote:
Hi, I posted that I have the mompush, here's the link of the one I own https://www.amazon.com/dp/B084.....ss_tl

I bought it for baby #7, didn't feel like spending $7-800 on a stroller at that point. I never owned a bassinet stroller and needed a stroller in general. I am so happy I got it. Its strong! my 3 yr old sits in the basket at it serves as my double sometimes! they climb up the sides and it doesn't tip. I've actually put it side by side with my sil's uppababy and this bassinett is def bigger and overrall there's no diff btw the 2 besides some cosmetics with the hood etc, but it tilts all the ways - on the amazon link there's a you tube videos, and I found them very helpful about getting an idea of all the perks of the stroller. I actually spoke to mompush direct and they gave me a discount to order straight from them. My baby is now 2 and its still in perfect condition. He slept in it the first 7 months of his life. He'd fall asleep and then I'd lift the bassinnett out of the stroller and place on the floor next to my bed. The mattress comes with an easy to remove tight pillowcase style sheet that folds into itself that's easy to wash and I was never scared for his safety. I use this stroller very heavily. I Travel with it. Even with spit up, spills and crumbs I've been able to vaccuum and shpritz/wipe it clean.

This is so helpful thank you!!
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics