Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Trust Fund - Mishpacha serial
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Stoneblue

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 12:04 am
amother Blushpink wrote:
I’m also pointing out the miraculous phenomenom I’ve noticed in frum fiction where a guy starts a business from scratch and a couple of weeks later is wealthy enough to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on his kids bar mitzva!

Its more than a couple of weeks because akiva was doing his house flipping and that takes some time to fix up and sell and he did more than one house also libby ordered items from china and it already arrived so definitely a good few months

amother
Red

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 12:13 am
B'Syata D'Shmya wrote:
So I wasn't wrong about Tomchei, when a Go Fund Me was started for the SILs medical care, they lost all credibility. And I will never look at another tzedaka campaign the same way again.

The story is painting the uber rich family as evil, and I have problems with that. There is not one redeeming quality presented to the Patriarch and Matriarchs.
And that the adult children allow themselves to be bought off with pancakes and syrup brunches, just nauseates me to no end.
When the grandfather was alone with Dina and bought her drums, I rolled my eyes. Those drums will cost Dina big time.

Hey its a story to read Shabbos afternoon.

These serials throw shade on everything. What about chesed tzirel? me thinks all organization founders are insecure people who need to prove themselves

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 11:34 pm
Is it very common in the uber elite Jewish circles for women get get work done on their face?

In every other installment there's some comment about some plastic surgeon's work. Or about the mils sculpted cheeks or wtvr. Is this reality? How naive am I?

amother
Lightblue

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 11:36 pm
Quite common. Some will refuse to do it but still common.

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 11:39 pm
amother Lightblue wrote:
Quite common. Some will refuse to do it but still common.
I?

Hmm... funny. One would think ppl with a healthy self esteem wouldn't put their face under the knife.

amother
Aster

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 11:42 pm
amother Blush wrote:
I?

Hmm... funny. One would think ppl with a healthy self esteem wouldn't put their face under the knife.

Who said anything about healthy self esteem. The question was if wealthy people do this and the answer is very often yes. Very wealthy people in fact may have less self esteem than poor people.

amother
Lightblue

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 11:44 pm
Or not. Or they can just afford that which many poor people may wish to do and can’t. Who knows.
I know super wealthy people who are proud they’d never consider such a thing but more that quietly do it.

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 11:46 pm
I'm just curious about it since I wasn't aware that it's something that's done and common too. And they're so casual about it in the story. It's like regular people would talk about getting their nails done. Why would a young 20 something get plastic surgery? I just don't get it.

amother
Lightblue

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 11:47 pm
amother Blush wrote:
I'm just curious about it since I wasn't aware that it's something that's done and common too. And they're so casual about it in the story. It's like regular people would talk about getting their nails done. Why would a young 20 something get plastic surgery? I just don't get it.

The 20s that I know would consider a nose job if they hadn’t already gotten one when they were a teenager and really wanted one.
Not much else.

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 11:51 pm
So plastic surgery started with rich non Jewish (and non religious)celebrities, right? Now thr trend has seeped into the Jewish world for people can afford it. Right?
Can we we expect this to be the norm for us regulars in 15 years or less? Maybe with a good payment plan and affordable rates? Would ppl be nubby and unfashionable if they don't get their nose lifted or lips sculpted?

(Please don't mind my midnight musings)

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 12:14 am
amother Aster wrote:
Who said anything about healthy self esteem. The question was if wealthy people do this and the answer is very often yes. Very wealthy people in fact may have less self esteem than poor people.

A lot of middle class people get nose jobs.

B'Syata D'Shmya

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 12:43 am
amother Red wrote:
These serials throw shade on everything. What about chesed tzirel? me thinks all organization founders are insecure people who need to prove themselves

If they do good work then that's what counts.
Hey we are all flawed individuals 😉

amother
Cornsilk

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 12:45 am
amother Blush wrote:

If you have a normal looking nose, you can't imagine. Those of us who have hooked, bumpy, protruding noses, can understand. Why is it so vastly different that braces do fix buck teeth?

(Signed owner of a hooked, bumpy, protruding beak who often thought about getting it fixed.)

B'Syata D'Shmya

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 12:50 am
amother Blush wrote:
Is it very common in the uber elite Jewish circles for women get get work done on their face?

In every other installment there's some comment about some plastic surgeon's work. Or about the mils sculpted cheeks or wtvr. Is this reality? How naive am I?

I suspect the salons are sponsoring these serials making us believe this is the norm.
Personally I think confidence, good middos and a big heart is the most attractive aspects of a person. Not the size nose or lips.
The problem with botox or plastic surgery is that it's an endless journey where you have to keep going and doing and IMHO ruining the natural beauty Hashem has given you. ( I am not referring to reconstructive surgery after an accident, burn, congenital challenge etc.)
Avraham Avinu asked Hashem for signs of aging for good reason. Who is smarter than him?

B'Syata D'Shmya

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 12:51 am
amother Cornsilk wrote:
If you have a normal looking nose, you can't imagine. Those of us who have hooked, bumpy, protruding noses, can understand. Why is it so vastly different that braces do fix buck teeth?

(Signed owner of a hooked, bumpy, protruding beak who often thought about getting it fixed.)

That beautiful nose of yours was once considered Aristocratic and exactly what you need. Wear it with pride
You are gorgeous 😍

Braces are also for function.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 9:22 pm
This week is the last one.

amother
Daylily

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 9:25 pm
amother OP wrote:

The serial ends this week? How? Last week's was no where near a conclusion.

amother
Obsidian

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 9:25 pm
amother OP wrote:

Looking forward!!!
Is it the parents surviving the band?

On a slightly different topic, I HATE the chesed tzirel story there is no good guy to root for.

YounginBP

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 9:27 pm
amother OP wrote:

Is it online yet? I don't get my home delivery until Thursday.

Found it.

https://mishpacha.com/trust-fund-chapter-30/

Last edited by YounginBP on Tue, Feb 06 2024, 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

momallhours

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 9:33 pm
amother OP wrote:

How'd you get it already?? Are you the author?!
Page 5 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room