Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Is a coach purse dated?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 20 2023, 4:35 pm
I've needed a new purse for a while, and haven't been able to find something that clicks for me.

I orderer a bunch of purses ... A Kate spade and Tory Burch and Rebecca minkoff from Nordstrom rack, and a furla and coach from Amazon. The coach one is the perfect size, shape, weight, and style.

My only hesitation is that I know coach was a big thing 15ish years ago, and while I have no desire to look like I'm soooo stylish and sooooo rich and fancy lol, I also don't want to look like I'm clueless and dated.

I wish it were a plain leather, but it is a white, signature print bag.

Yae or nay?

Amarante

Post Thu, Jul 20 2023, 4:38 pm
Personally I think the signature cloth purses are not a good look.

I don't think they are even particularly versatile since they are a print rather than a solid color neutral leather that blends with everything.

I would look further as there are loads of purse styles available - why don't you post a picture of the style you like with dimensions and people can make better suggestions.

amother
Cognac

Post Thu, Jul 20 2023, 4:44 pm
If it’s good enough for JLO it’s good enough for me lol
But I don’t wear such splashy logo stuff so I’d look for a quieter classier coach bag with a barely noticeable logo

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Jul 20 2023, 4:47 pm
Get whatever you like. How does it help of other people like it, when you're going to be the one using it?

zaq

Post Thu, Jul 20 2023, 4:48 pm
Coach is a brand, not a style. It happens to be a very good brand. If all you want is to look like a fashion slave, don't buy Coach unless you're made of money and can afford to buy a new Coach every time the wind changes. Buy something cheap and trendy and give it to Goodwill when you tire of it or someone points out that that bag is soooooo five minutes ago. OTOH, if you want a quality bag that will serve you well for a long time, go for it and who cares if it's not featured on the cover of next month's Vogue?

Are you afraid people will look down on you for carrying a bag that wasn't born yesterday? If so, maybe you associate with the wrong people.

If you happen to be a retailer or other person working in the fashion industry and need to make a fashion statement at all times because that's your livelihood...you should already know what's "in" at the moment, otherwise you're in the wrong line of work.

Amarante

Post Thu, Jul 20 2023, 4:51 pm
Coach is NOT trendy. I have Coach leather purses that are 30 years old that my mother had and they are still lovely and classic.

They are just beautiful leather purses and don't have any logos.

Coach leather purses are very high quality - and expensive. They are a bit like Dooney & Burke in terms of being leather

The cloth Coach stuff was an attempt to capture a lower priced customer who wanted to be able to flash a brand rather than be confident that a beautiful leather purse signaled good taste.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 20 2023, 5:05 pm
amother Coral wrote:
Get whatever you like. How does it help of other people like it, when you're going to be the one using it?

No offense meant, truly. But clearly I posted because I care. I'm allowed to care. I'm allowed to not want to look dated. I'm generally a with it, put together person who presents well, and I like that about myself. So I care, and it's ok that I asked.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 20 2023, 5:09 pm
Amarante wrote:
Personally I think the signature cloth purses are not a good look.

I don't think they are even particularly versatile since they are a print rather than a solid color neutral leather that blends with everything.

I would look further as there are loads of purse styles available - why don't you post a picture of the style you like with dimensions and people can make better suggestions.

I thought it was pretty neutral and versalite, but I'm definitely open to suggestions!
This is the bag:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B1.....ss_tl

Worn as a crossbody. its the perfect size and shape that I need for everyday. Like I said, I ordered a whole bunch of bags (rip me with all the returns now lol) and this one just was the perfect casual yet sharp look.

amother
Cognac

Post Thu, Jul 20 2023, 5:15 pm
Try leatherology. They have gorgeous quality pieces in that price range

Amarante

Post Thu, Jul 20 2023, 5:19 pm
amother OP wrote:
I thought it was pretty neutral and versalite, but I'm definitely open to suggestions!
This is the bag:

Worn as a crossbody. its the perfect size and shape that I need for everyday. Like I said, I ordered a whole bunch of bags (rip me with all the returns now lol) and this one just was the perfect casual yet sharp look.

I am reluctant to say google but if you search for hobo leather cross body bags there are a lot that come up in various price ranges.

For example - not necessarily saying this is it but the style and size you want are very common classic because so many women want those features

https://aallyn.com/products/ma.....5ExWw

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 20 2023, 5:25 pm
Amarante wrote:
I am reluctant to say google but if you search for hobo leather cross body bags there are a lot that come up in various price ranges.

For example - not necessarily saying this is it but the style and size you want are very common classic because so many women want those features

https://aallyn.com/products/ma.....5ExWw

So there pics look the same, but are bigger and wider. I did Google and spent a ridiculous amount of time perusing Nordstrom and Saks off fifth. I do have an mz Wallace bag that's a similar comfortable size, but I really couldn't find anything similar in a brand I knew of.

DrMom

Post Thu, Jul 20 2023, 5:31 pm
amother OP wrote:
I've needed a new purse for a while, and haven't been able to find something that clicks for me.

I orderer a bunch of purses ... A Kate spade and Tory Burch and Rebecca minkoff from Nordstrom rack, and a furla and coach from Amazon. The coach one is the perfect size, shape, weight, and style.

My only hesitation is that I know coach was a big thing 15ish years ago, and while I have no desire to look like I'm soooo stylish and sooooo rich and fancy lol, I also don't want to look like I'm clueless and dated.

I wish it were a plain leather, but it is a white, signature print bag.

Yae or nay?

Sounds like you are very particular about your bags, and you found one that suits you and you can afford. Why not just get it? Why does it matter who manufactured it?

Or if you want leather instead of cloth, then keep looking. Do they make a leather version?

Amarante

Post Thu, Jul 20 2023, 5:32 pm
Your bag is a bit smaller than 12 X 12 approximately. This one is 13 X 11 so not the same which is why I posted just for the basic shape.

The smaller size isn’t uncommon

amother
Lightyellow

Post Thu, Jul 20 2023, 5:46 pm
I love the bag op!
I’m just a random imamother.
I don’t have hundreds of thousands of people following my Instagram page. I don’t even have one. But like you, I’m very particular about my bags, the size, the shape, the way they feel when I wear them, and I really like this one. Not looking to end this on a sour note, but if it was for me I’d buy it after tisha bav.

amother
Chicory

Post Thu, Jul 20 2023, 6:00 pm
amother OP wrote:
This is the bag:

Worn as a crossbody. it’s the perfect size and shape that I need for everyday. Like I said, I ordered a whole bunch of bags (rip me with all the returns now lol) and this one just was the perfect casual yet sharp look.
I agree that you should look for a leather bag that is similar.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 20 2023, 6:02 pm
amother Lightyellow wrote:
I love the bag op!
I’m just a random imamother.
I don’t have hundreds of thousands of people following my Instagram page. I don’t even have one. But like you, I’m very particular about my bags, the size, the shape, the way they feel when I wear them, and I really like this one. Not looking to end this on a sour note, but if it was for me I’d buy it after tisha bav.

Thanks!! It was purchased way before Rosh chodesh and will definitely not be used until after 15th.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 20 2023, 6:04 pm
DrMom wrote:
Sounds like you are very particular about your bags, and you found one that suits you and you can afford. Why not just get it? Why does it matter who manufactured it?

Or if you want leather instead of cloth, then keep looking. Do they make a leather version?

I'm not particular about brands, so it's not that I care who made it. I am particular about looking off. I have a need to know that I look acceptably with-it and fashionable. Not trendy, not branded, but reasonably well turned out.

amother
Cyan

Post Thu, Jul 20 2023, 7:28 pm
You asked honestly so I’ll give you an honest opinion. In terms of trendy- yes coach is very outdated
The style bag is also very outdated
But that doesn’t matter. What you like matters! So if you like this bag, go for it!!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 20 2023, 8:07 pm
Thanks for the honest opinions! Searched around more and don't see anything I like in a similar size and shape, with a crossbody strap and a zip. Will have to decide if I mind being out of fashion or not

bflower

Post Thu, Jul 20 2023, 8:37 pm
amother Cyan wrote:
You asked honestly so I’ll give you an honest opinion. In terms of trendy- yes coach is very outdated
The style bag is also very outdated
But that doesn’t matter. What you like matters! So if you like this bag, go for it!!

Coach might be outdated but it is still a brand that will forever be a wow if you have it then automatically everyone's like "she can afford it" coz we all know the prices... I'm defending myself coz I bought last week a coach wristlet! please don't make me feel old fashioned...
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics