Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
How you know a non jew has been around jews (light thread)
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

yo'ma

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 10:24 am
I went to the cleaners yesterday and the guy asked me when do the 9 days start. He said he’s been working in the neighborhood for 20 years. I said one day and he said, no he thinks another day. He was right. LOL Can't Believe It

mom_13

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 10:46 am
Shout out to my local seamstress for making me feel like a tramp every time I ask her to hem my dresses LOL

zaq

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 10:52 am
When they describe someone as "a real mensch."

nightingale1

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 10:54 am
When your nurse in l&d tells you “so when you go to the mikvah, you’ll have your appointment”

singleagain

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 10:55 am
There was a security guard in a school who knew how to say either good shabbos or Shabbat shalom to the different teachers

singleagain

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 10:56 am
Also the maintenance guy in my store. If you would ask him how he was doing he would answer with a smile. BH yom yom

Highstrung

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 10:57 am
When my cleaning lady said that she can’t find dish washing soap on my dairy side and I showed her that she was holding a bottle of dishwashing liquids and she said “No. this one is for the meat side”. She assumed soap needs to be separate for milchig and fleishig too.

zaq

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 11:29 am
Equally entertaining are Brooklyn Sepharadim who speak Yiddish. Not many Ashkenazim know any Ladino.

a2z

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 11:33 am
Highstrung wrote:
When my cleaning lady said that she can’t find dish washing soap on my dairy side and I showed her that she was holding a bottle of dishwashing liquids and she said “No. this one is for the meat side”. She assumed soap needs to be separate for milchig and fleishig too.

I do

octopus

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 11:34 am
When a non Jewish worker says bh and you're saying "thank G-d" LOL

When my cleaning lady came to me during the 9 days and informed me she can't do laundry.

a2z

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 11:36 am
My husband's mechanic (an arab) says Baruch hashem and bezras hashem

Highstrung

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 11:38 am
a2z wrote:
I do

I guess then she picked up the idea in someone else’s home. Never heard of doing such a thing for kashrus purposes but rather for convenience.

OBnursemom

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 11:38 am
Nurse I work with who used to work at a hospital frequented by Jews and fluently talks about hatzalah, Bikur Cholim, and the chevra kadisha.

Highstrung

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 11:39 am
When my cleaning woman scolded me and told me that my rabbi won’t be happy if I just close up my cabinets for Pesach without cleaning it first . She thought I was being rebellious. She was stressing out over Pesach cleaning more than I was .

flowerpower

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 11:40 am
My cleaning lady tells me which days of the week yom tov is and the dates

The chinese cleaners is closed chol hamoed and the 9 days….

scruffy

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 11:40 am
The workers in my local grocery sing along to the Jewish music playing.

keym

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 11:41 am
My husband's coworker was encouraging him to ask for a raise (Jewish boss, coworker not Jewish).
He told my husband "tell Boss that you need to earn enough to put good meat in the cholent AND to save enough for the kids Rabennu Tam tefillin".

Or on Friday in the winter, the coworker will make an announcement at 1pm (closing time) "candlelighting is in 3 hours, you don't want to spend Shabbos on the Parkway"

exaustedmom

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 11:43 am
My non jewish male colleague from Texas always reminds me when every yom tov or fast day comes up. Im not sure where he gets his info. He can get me quite annoyed when he counts down to Pesach and reminds me every day how many days are left lol

little neshamala

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 11:44 am
When I went for a waxing as a kallah a few days before my wedding, and right before she started applying wax, asked me "wait, you went to the mikvah already right? Cuz otherwise the wax residue will be a killer to take off before" (I had gone before lol)

BH Yom Yom

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 12:21 pm
keym wrote:
My husband's coworker was encouraging him to ask for a raise (Jewish boss, coworker not Jewish).
He told my husband "tell Boss that you need to earn enough to put good meat in the cholent AND to save enough for the kids Rabennu Tam tefillin".

Or on Friday in the winter, the coworker will make an announcement at 1pm (closing time) "candlelighting is in 3 hours, you don't want to spend Shabbos on the Parkway"

That is awesome!!

I had a coworker who would always wish us a good Shabbos.
Page 1 of 7   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics