Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Information on linden
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 05 2023, 1:30 pm
Anyone currently living there….can you tell me what kind of stores opened there or which stores are potentially coming there?

We are looking into linden and would love to hear from people currently living there how the community seems to be growing.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Also if anyone knows of a broker of re agent in linden who has an informative whatsapp status that I can follow please let me know!

amother
Stone

Post Wed, Jul 05 2023, 2:32 pm
I don't live there, but I was also thinking about moving there in the future. I looked up "Linden" in the search box on imamother up on top and went through threads. You can see what was written in previous threads here about linden.

some helpful information I found:

fyi for future reference if looking for a property there
https://www.google.com/maps/d/.....;z=13
Zoom in so you can see where the location is and it has the eiruv boundaries clearly delineated, and lists mikvahs, shuls, shopping, where people live etc.

someone else wrote:
"I live in Linden. Not Sunnyside. It depends on where in Linden you buy. Some areas are not safe. I personally don't feel comfortable walking alone at night but I generally don't feel comfortable doing that anywhere.
We've been here 9 years and are happy bh. We moved here because we liked the small mo community"

it sounds like there are chasidish communities there , satmar, bobov, all types of chasidim and there's also a modern orthodox community in linden. I'm not sure if it's really modern or just called modern by chasidim.
the following website is the more modern community website but has helpful information
https://www.anshechesed.org/mikvah

amother
Stone

Post Wed, Jul 05 2023, 2:37 pm
I see my link didn't work for google maps above but you could find the original link which I had found on imamother by searching Linden threads. It's a very helpful link. it seems to list many frum people that live there and where they live and many other resources, shuls, shopping, mikvahs, etc.. I don't know if it's updated so there might be more that are not listed.

the other website link above also has a smaller list of shopping and other resources.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 05 2023, 4:02 pm
Thanks!
I also searched previous threads and saw some info there but these threads are a year or more older

Im looking for info from the ppl who currently live there

In one year a lot of things change in a new community

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 05 2023, 4:05 pm
Also I would love to know if anyone knows of a broker of re agent in linden who has an informative whatsapp status that I can follow!

amother
DarkYellow

Post Wed, Jul 05 2023, 4:28 pm
Is there a mikva tahara there yet for the chasidish crowd?

Dh is a mortgage broker in contact with many realtors from there. None as far as I know post on WhatsApp.
It's a Lakewood thing I think.

GLUE

Post Wed, Jul 05 2023, 6:32 pm
amother OP wrote:
Anyone currently living there….can you tell me what kind of stores opened there or which stores are potentially coming there?

Are you looking to start a store there?

If you are are you looking to find out what type of store is needed?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 05 2023, 7:33 pm
GLUE wrote:
Are you looking to start a store there?

If you are are you looking to find out what type of store is needed?

Im not looking in to opening a store there. I want to know if there are stores opening there or how reliant ppl over there still are to shop in bp etc…

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 05 2023, 7:35 pm
amother DarkYellow wrote:
Is there a mikva tahara there yet for the chasidish crowd?

Dh is a mortgage broker in contact with many realtors from there. None as far as I know post on WhatsApp.
It's a Lakewood thing I think.

Right, I know in lakewood about a broker whose always posting about different stores and things that are coming to lakewood. Was wondering if theres somebody who does the same in linden

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 05 2023, 9:26 pm
Bumping this up if anyone has info

areal

Post Sun, Jul 09 2023, 10:47 pm
Dark yellow, do you mind pm-ing me?

amother
Lightblue

Post Mon, Jul 10 2023, 8:01 pm
Hi, I live in linden. We use the mikvah tahara in the shul. There is a women’s one in the process of being built.
About stores, there are many people selling in houses; women, kids, boys, baby clothing stores, kids shoes, judaica, gifts, jewelry, toys etc.
Foodwise there is a dairy restaurant with limited hours, a korns bakery a few minutes out, an ice cream store now in a house. There is a grocery store coming hopefully very soon.
We also have a branch of Williamsburg pediatrics which is amazing.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 10 2023, 8:15 pm
amother Lightblue wrote:
Hi, I live in linden. We use the mikvah tahara in the shul. There is a women’s one in the process of being built.
About stores, there are many people selling in houses; women, kids, boys, baby clothing stores, kids shoes, judaica, gifts, jewelry, toys etc.
Foodwise there is a dairy restaurant with limited hours, a korns bakery a few minutes out, an ice cream store now in a house. There is a grocery store coming hopefully very soon.
We also have a branch of Williamsburg pediatrics which is amazing.

Thanks so much for the info.
Any potential these stores will eventually open in a shopping strip like lakewood? Is that something thats being worked on?

amother
Lightblue

Post Mon, Jul 10 2023, 8:25 pm
Yes, I know that someone bought a strip, though I don’t know what his plans are. Personally I am still very reliant on Bp and only recommend coming here if you really need to because the way things are now it’s tough.

amother
Mayflower

Post Mon, Jul 10 2023, 8:34 pm
Why is there no grocery yet? How do ppl get day to day food items?

amother
DarkYellow

Post Mon, Jul 10 2023, 8:35 pm
areal wrote:
Dark yellow, do you mind pm-ing me?

Regarding what?

amother
Wallflower

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 8:32 am
Light blue, where is the strip purchased by yid you know about?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 8:34 am
amother Lightblue wrote:
Yes, I know that someone bought a strip, though I don’t know what his plans are. Personally I am still very reliant on Bp and only recommend coming here if you really need to because the way things are now it’s tough.

I assume everyone who moved out is because they wanted to purchase an affordable home and waiting for the place to become more established in terms of shopping strips and stores etc!

amother
Lightblue

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 9:39 am
Yes but not everyone realizes how hard it it. I didn’t. I live in my car and so do my kids. Again if you’re coming from a very cramped space it might be worth it, but I’m not and it feels a bit difficult to justify this way of living just for a nicer bigger house.
The place is definitely growing, and it’s not a question of if it will be more established but rather of how long it will take.

amother
NeonOrange

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 9:42 am
amother Lightblue wrote:
Yes but not everyone realizes how hard it it. I didn’t. I live in my car and so do my kids. Again if you’re coming from a very cramped space it might be worth it, but I’m not and it feels a bit difficult to justify this way of living just for a nicer bigger house.
The place is definitely growing, and it’s not a question of if it will be more established but rather of how long it will take.

So how do women that don't drive manage there?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating