Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
How to keep area near shower head outside tub, clean and dry

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 30 2023, 4:48 pm
We have a shower curtain. The area outside the tub at the shower head always gets wet on the floor. Is there a product that can prevent the water from going out in between the shower curtain and wall- it's very close, usually touching but sometimes it still leaks out.

amother
Peru

Post Fri, Jun 30 2023, 4:55 pm
It sounds like your curtain and liner aren't wide enough or more likely that the shower head/rod was installed in the wrong place. This in unusual to happen with a shower curtain.
Turn the shower head away from the curtain and closer toward the side of the wall.

amother
Amaryllis

Post Sat, Jul 01 2023, 6:03 pm
Put sticky velcro pads on the wall and on the shower curtain so there is no gap, and the force if the water can't push them apart. (You might have to sew the pads on to the shower curtain, but they should stick to the wall

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jul 01 2023, 8:52 pm
The curtain and liner are wider enough but it can sometimes still come through. The water is not spraying over the top of the curtain and out, it's coming out through the side/bottom of the curtain above the tub. I think they were installed correctly.

The wall is textured tile I don't know how well the velcro will stick.

amother
Peru

Post Sat, Jul 01 2023, 9:23 pm
amother OP wrote:
The curtain and liner are wider enough but it can sometimes still come through. The water is not spraying over the top of the curtain and out, it's coming out through the side/bottom of the curtain above the tub. I think they were installed correctly.

The wall is textured tile I don't know how well the velcro will stick.

I understand that water is not spraying on top of the curtain, but the head is spraying toward the curtain which is causing your issue. Turn the head to spray toward the wall. All heads swivel.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jul 01 2023, 9:32 pm
amother Peru wrote:
I understand that water is not spraying on top of the curtain, but the head is spraying toward the curtain which is causing your issue. Turn the head to spray toward the wall. All heads swivel.
It's not, it's straight in the middle.

amother
Peru

Post Sat, Jul 01 2023, 9:33 pm
amother OP wrote:
It's not, it's straight in the middle.

Obviously that's not enough. Turn it with the slight of your hand and try it for one shower.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 02 2023, 3:33 pm
amother Peru wrote:
Obviously that's not enough. Turn it with the slight of your hand and try it for one shower.
We can't turn it in towards the wall because there is a window there with wood that can get damaged by the water even though there are vinyl blinds covering it.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 04 2023, 7:48 am
any other suggestions?

amother
Peru

Post Tue, Jul 04 2023, 8:33 am
amother OP wrote:
We can't turn it in towards the wall because there is a window there with wood that can get damaged by the water even though there are vinyl blinds covering it.

It sounds like a very tight space and would make sense to move out the shower curtain rod further away from the shower head.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Jul 04 2023, 8:37 am
amother Amaryllis wrote:
Put sticky velcro pads on the wall and on the shower curtain so there is no gap, and the force if the water can't push them apart. (You might have to sew the pads on to the shower curtain, but they should stick to the wall

I have a magnet inside the botom of my liner.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 04 2023, 5:33 pm
amother Peru wrote:
It sounds like a very tight space and would make sense to move out the shower curtain rod further away from the shower head.
I don't understand?
It is a smaller bathroom.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 04 2023, 5:33 pm
amother Dodgerblue wrote:
I have a magnet inside the botom of my liner.
do you put a magnet on the wall so they stick to each other?

amother
Peru

Post Tue, Jul 04 2023, 5:35 pm
amother OP wrote:
I don't understand?
It is a smaller bathroom.

We moved our shower rod an extra 6 inches outward and now there's more space for water to move around. Try it with a tension rod. Loop the shower curtain on there instead of on your regular rod.

amother
Snapdragon

Post Tue, Jul 04 2023, 6:22 pm
amother OP wrote:
do you put a magnet on the wall so they stick to each other?

It sticks to the tub.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 07 2023, 10:39 am
amother Peru wrote:
We moved our shower rod an extra 6 inches outward and now there's more space for water to move around. Try it with a tension rod. Loop the shower curtain on there instead of on your regular rod.
We can't, the medicine cabinet is 2 inches away from the shower rod. there's no room to move it out.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 07 2023, 10:39 am
amother Snapdragon wrote:
It sticks to the tub.
the magnet sticks to non metal surfaces?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 09 2023, 1:36 pm
bump
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry