Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Bug bites all over DD 8 private area
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 10:53 pm
Yesterday, they were sitting in the grass at camp for a while. Somehow, I guess it's mosquitoes, got in. Between the front and back and all over the area, she has 20-30 bites. They are now more swollen and red.

She was up multiple times last night, complaining of itching/discomfort.

Any tips???

Yes, she was wearing underwear.

amother
Cyclamen

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 10:56 pm
Maybe try benadryl sounds like some kind of allergic reaction.

amother
Broom

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 11:09 pm
More likely to be impetigo, bedbugs or some viral thing

amother
Viola

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 11:12 pm
Did u put anything on it ? Calodryl, anti itch crème .. poor kid . Take her to the dr tomm to make sure it’s nothing else .

amother
Linen

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 11:13 pm
It can be so many things that need to be treated. It’s likely not mosquito bites. I would go to the doctor tomorrow morning.

amother
DarkViolet

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 11:13 pm
Doesn't sound like mosquito bites...

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 12:12 am
I gave her Benadryl and she's asleep now BH.

I really don't think it's bed bugs, from the pictures I see online those bug bites are smaller ???

And it's not impetigo.

She didn't want me to put calazyme because she felt it would sting since there are open spots from all the scratching.

I'm pretty sure it's mosquito bites, she gets tons and tons of them every year but this is the first time in her private area ;(

amother
Apple

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 12:15 am
Oy! Poor girl!

otstud

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 12:20 am
Sounds like chiggers.I’ve gotten those bites when working in the garden. They are soooo itchy. They don’t climb high so they usually bite around the ankle area, or if someone is sitting on the ground……green aloe gel works for me.

amother
Grape

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 12:50 am
One of my kids went on an overnight trip many years ago with his camp and came back covered by a rash that looked like poison ivy, including his private areas! Super,super itchy! Slightly blistery, red rash.
He needed prescription cream!
Try benadryl spray!

amother
Dandelion

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 12:50 am
I've experienced bed bugs before and they usually bite you where your skin is exposed- I often woke up with bites on my feet and arms. So hopefully that means your daughter is not experiencing bed bug bites since she is is covered in that area. Good luck figuring it out quickly!

metacognizant

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 1:33 am
Definitely not mosquitos. They won't crawl into your underwear (they don't crawl around on the skin). If this was an insect, it was a crawling one. Gross!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 8:29 am
BH she slept really well last night. I will see how she does today.

mommyhood

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 8:34 am
metacognizant wrote:
Definitely not mosquitos. They won't crawl into your underwear (they don't crawl around on the skin). If this was an insect, it was a crawling one. Gross!

Little kids underwear isn’t always form fitting. It fits by the waist but it can be looser kind of hanging down by the crotch especially if not pulled up all the way. With just a short skirt over it wouldn’t have to crawl into anything, the skin is really exposed.

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 9:07 am
Its probably chigger bites. Google it for info. She needs to take a hot shower and scrub her body well to take off whatever is left on her body. They are sometimes invisible. Otherwise she can get more bites as the larvae hatch and could take 3 weeks until it's gone.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 10:56 am
amother Crimson wrote:
Its probably chigger bites. Google it for info. She needs to take a hot shower and scrub her body well to take off whatever is left on her body. They are sometimes invisible. Otherwise she can get more bites as the larvae hatch and could take 3 weeks until it's gone.

It really might be - I had never heard of chiggers before. Thanks for the tip. Thanks also to the other person who mentioned it. They are improving BH. Looks exactly like mosquito bites though, not like the blister/pimple look I see in the pictures of chigger bites online.

amother
Electricblue

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 11:16 am
How old is she

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 2:00 pm
amother Electricblue wrote:
How old is she

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 2:01 pm
They make ice packs shaped like pads for postpartum. That might feel nice for her?

Cheiny

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 2:21 pm
amother DarkViolet wrote:
Doesn't sound like mosquito bites...

I agree. Mosquito bites wouldn’t be confined to the one area.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics