Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Gentlest way to give kids shots
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 1:21 pm
I have a toddler and will vaccinate because school requires it. What is the gentlest way to go about it?
Is there anything to take that will make it easier on the system?

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 1:22 pm
1 antigen at a time. Not when your kid is sick. Lots of anti-inflammatory and detox support.

smss

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 1:25 pm
Please don't give your toddler any unregulated supplements that people tell you will help "detox" after vaccines. These products can be extremely unsafe and there's no need to detox after vaccines.

Ask your pediatrician about a catch up schedule.

amother
Maple

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 1:28 pm
Because of the new technology, shots don't hurt because the needles are so thin. Back in the "old days", needles weren't disposable and so were thicker and hurt.

What can be uncomfortable are possible reactions to the shot since the point of a shot is to provide immunization and so there is often a reaction at the site which is completely normal. You can give aspirin and I think cold compresses can help but ask your pediatrician for specific instructions for what to do.

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 1:31 pm
Gentle Detox and immune support:

Whole food vitamin c
Vitamin e
Fish oil
Magnesium
Epsom salt footsoaks
Methylated b vitamins
Glutathione
Homeopathy

Good to start this a week or 2 before each shot so detox pathways are already open.
Avoid Tylenol!!!
If at all possible, keep your child home from daycare to avoid exposure to more pathogens.
Good quality sleep.

amother
Caramel

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 1:41 pm
amother Lilac wrote:
Gentle Detox and immune support:

Whole food vitamin c
Vitamin e
Fish oil
Magnesium
Epsom salt footsoaks
Methylated b vitamins
Glutathione
Homeopathy

Good to start this a week or 2 before each shot so detox pathways are already open.
Avoid Tylenol!!!
If at all possible, keep your child home from daycare to avoid exposure to more pathogens.
Good quality sleep.

OP, please please do not give those to your child before running it by your doctor. It can really cause more harm then good.

baked ziti

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 1:46 pm
I heard this tip from a nurse: Apply an ice pack to the site prior to vaccination. It helps numb the area.

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 1:48 pm
amother Caramel wrote:
OP, please please do not give those to your child before running it by your doctor. It can really cause more harm then good.
Lol.

Shots, designed to stimulate a hyper-immune response, containing known toxins: a-ok.

Some magnesium and vitamin c, VERY RISKY BUSINESS!!!

This site is so funny.

Also, asking a dr about supplements is like asking a shoemaker about swimming pool maintenance.

mandr

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 1:49 pm
amother Maple wrote:
Because of the new technology, shots don't hurt because the needles are so thin. Back in the "old days", needles weren't disposable and so were thicker and hurt.

What can be uncomfortable are possible reactions to the shot since the point of a shot is to provide immunization and so there is often a reaction at the site which is completely normal. You can give aspirin and I think cold compresses can help but ask your pediatrician for specific instructions for what to do.

Never give aspirin to a child.

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 1:52 pm
Never inject when the immune system isn't at 100%. That means when the child is sick, that means before 3 months old.

Generally people delay and space, use specific brands and only give mandatory.

I believe that the easiest thing is to find an alternative schedule that some doctors go by and follow that. Be it an American doctor or a different country that is more conscientious.

There are some American doctors who believe in immunization that have guidelines that they feel are more ethical than the government due to less conflict of interest.

Most anti vaxxers can get you that info, I don't have it myself.

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 1:53 pm
baked ziti wrote:
I heard this tip from a nurse: Apply an ice pack to the site prior to vaccination. It helps numb the area.
Icing the site after the injection can also help take down immune reactivity.

You can do bentonite clay on the site as well.

BrisketBoss

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 1:54 pm
Talk to your child matter-of-factly about what to expect. Hold your toddler during the vax.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 2:01 pm
BrisketBoss wrote:
Talk to your child matter-of-factly about what to expect. Hold your toddler during the vax.

Thanks. I meant that it should be gentlest on their body, not cause bad reactions etc.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 2:02 pm
amother Blonde wrote:
Never inject when the immune system isn't at 100%. That means when the child is sick, that means before 3 months old.

Generally people delay and space, use specific brands and only give mandatory.

I believe that the easiest thing is to find an alternative schedule that some doctors go by and follow that. Be it an American doctor or a different country that is more conscientious.

There are some American doctors who believe in immunization that have guidelines that they feel are more ethical than the government due to less conflict of interest.

Most anti vaxxers can get you that info, I don't have it myself.

Is one at a time best? Can they lets say separate the DTAP vaccine into individual ones?

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 2:06 pm
If you can skip any from the pediarix (dtap hep b and ipv) then do that. Or delay hep b till much later. But if you'll anyway be giving all, give the combo as it has less of the toxic stuff in it. As heard from an antivax doctor

No you can't separate dtap or mmr.
Also don't give any other shots together with live ones. Mmrv is worse than mmr.

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 2:10 pm
amother Ecru wrote:
If you can skip any from the pediarix (dtap hep b and ipv) then do that. Or delay hep b till much later. But if you'll anyway be giving all, give the combo as it has less of the toxic stuff in it. As heard from an antivax doctor

No you can't separate dtap or mmr.
Also don't give any other shots together with live ones. Mmrv is worse than mmr.
Some kids will struggle more with the antigens, some with the additives. It’s hard to know which is the worse poison Confused

smss

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 2:14 pm
amother OP wrote:
Is one at a time best? Can they lets say separate the DTAP vaccine into individual ones?

No, the DTaP can't be separated.
There is really no reason to give one at a time. I always find it interesting how anti-vaxxers have such strong faith in the immune system when it comes to fighting off diseases, but not in being able to cope with the tiny amounts of antigens (mostly inactivated) in vaccines.

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 2:19 pm
smss wrote:
No, the DTaP can't be separated.
There is really no reason to give one at a time. I always find it interesting how anti-vaxxers have such strong faith in the immune system when it comes to fighting off diseases, but not in being able to cope with the tiny amounts of antigens (mostly inactivated) in vaccines.
Because, adjuvants. Designed to stimulate immune reactivity and disable the regulating arm of the immune system.

Fwiw, I use the same immune and detox support for naturally acquired illnesses as well, because immune systems aren’t perfect and pathogens can be sneaky. But it’s not the same process in the body.

I worry plenty about our immune systems' ability to fight off viruses, but I still don't think vaccines are the answer, or even anywhere close.

SwissAlps

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 3:43 pm
I was told by my pediatrician in Europe that it is better to take the combined vaccine as opposed to each one separate because then there is a smaller dose of each virus plus less toxins. Basically don't separate the combined vaccines.

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 4:54 pm
Don't make a big deal and it won't be a big deal.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics